Why don't we have the physical presence on the this team?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Re: Why don't we have the physical presence on the this team?

In response to aciemvp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

2008 Celtics had Posey, Powe, Perkins, P.J. Brown, and BBD to offer some beef and presence on a very physical team. Who do we have now?  Consider Garnett and Pierce have no presence around them. This is why we have no chance to make a run at a title.  Ainge needs to know this.  To have gone after Lee and sign Terry as well was just a-- backwards.  Terry was enough and Dooling could have been talked into hanging around until Bradley came back.

Garnett along out there is a great disservice to him.  Sullinger fell to us by luck but those who think he provides to cover for Garnett just don't know what they are talking about.

[/QUOTE]

agreed- however, with bass out there on the floor, compared to what sullinger brings, KG is not only alone but naked and been dragged through a thicket of thorn bushes.  it's awful to watch.

[/QUOTE]

The future is not bright.  We will be twisting in the wind until the Celtics move and Bradley gets back.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

The future is not bright.  We will be twisting in the wind until the Celtics move and Bradley gets back.

I said before...I guy who was out for a long long time has a serious injury. I'm not expecting the guy can run and defend the way it used to be....no way, no how. Trading him?...you gonna have a hard time to convince the other side to accept....but possible.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Ainge passed on DeAndre Jordan in 2008. Enough said.

[/QUOTE]

yeah, that one hurt..

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheNewGKDynasty. Show TheNewGKDynasty's posts

posted at 12/15/2012 03:50:55 EST

• Fierce34
    • First: 12/02/2009
    • Last: 12/16/2012

Don't worry guys, we'll have our fun when the Lakers visit Philly.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheNewGKDynasty. Show TheNewGKDynasty's posts

Are you Still shocked...

Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Rockets

posted at 12/14/2012 09:17:49 EST

• Fierce34
    • First: 12/02/2009
    • Last: 12/16/2012

Like I said, I would be shocked if the Celts lose this game

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]

Last season the Celtics were hopeless when it was JO and Ray starting. By March it was a different team, Bass was starting at PF and Bradley was starting at SG. This season we should expect the same thing. This Celts team will become a different team once the the trade deadline passes. 

[/QUOTE]

well, first you have to get bass to do something more than functionally soiling himself on the basketball floor, before any team will want him for any cap number.  right now he's not worth the fraction of a scoop of tide it takes to wash his uniform after a game

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

well, first you have to get bass to do something more than functionally soiling himself on the basketball floor, before any team will want him for any cap number.  right now he's not worth the fraction of a scoop of tide it takes to wash his uniform after a game

[/QUOTE]

Bass alone will not be a good trade offer. Draft picks have to be included to sweeten the deal.

Remember, the Celts pick this season will most probably be in the late teens or early 20s.

[/QUOTE]

If we could somehow get Milsap & Gortat we would suddenly be kicking sand in people's grills again. Can you dig it??

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to tomobo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Bass alone will not be a good trade offer. Draft picks have to be included to sweeten the deal.

Remember, the Celts pick this season will most probably be in the late teens or early 20s.

[/QUOTE]

If we could somehow get Milsap & Gortat we would suddenly be kicking sand in people's grills again. Can you dig it??

[/QUOTE]

That's also my ideal scenario.

Lee, Fab Melo, Wilcox or Collins, and draft picks for Gortat.

Bass, Wilcox or Collins, Kris Joseph, and draft pick for Millsap.

[/QUOTE]

Fierce I would love you to be right here. These packages don't seem realistic at all.  The other thing is that any one of these teams like Utah and Phoenix would never make these trades at this point in time.  They will wait to see what is available.  Bradley needs to come back and they need to start playing well.  Value in some of these players would increase if that happens.

Bass and Lee were always expendable even if they had played well.  That would have made them better trade bait. Who would want them at there new salaries now.  We have to give much more up so forget Milshap and just go after Gortat now. Today.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Last season the Celtics were hopeless when it was JO and Ray starting. By March it was a different team, Bass was starting at PF and Bradley was starting at SG. This season we should expect the same thing. This Celts team will become a different team once the the trade deadline passes. 

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Bass is a backup forward, period.  His best attribute is jump shots when left open.  Thats it. He tries hard I believe.  I also don't believe we are showcasing him.  Why would we have to showcase him or any veteran that has been around the league?  Scouting reports are pages long on these guys.  You showcase guys that haven't been seen, or seen very little, not someone thats been in the league for more than 3 years and playing a lot.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to concord27's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to tomobo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That's also my ideal scenario.

Lee, Fab Melo, Wilcox or Collins, and draft picks for Gortat.

Bass, Wilcox or Collins, Kris Joseph, and draft pick for Millsap.

[/QUOTE]

Fierce I would love you to be right here. These packages don't seem realistic at all.  The other thing is that any one of these teams like Utah and Phoenix would never make these trades at this point in time.  They will wait to see what is available.  Bradley needs to come back and they need to start playing well.  Value in some of these players would increase if that happens.

Bass and Lee were always expendable even if they had played well.  That would have made them better trade bait. Who would want them at there new salaries now.  We have to give much more up so forget Milshap and just go after Gortat now. Today.

[/QUOTE]

Guys can play better in other systems.  Lee for instance appears to have been a better player at both Houston and Orlando.  Bass is pretty much the same player.  Only difference is he rebounded better against the Celtics, (probably).  Look at J. Oneal,  he actually has fair stats in Phoenix. Why is that?   Why do people have trouble with our system?  Is it too complicated?  If so why not simplify it?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to OneOnOne's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Bass is a backup forward, period.  His best attribute is jump shots when left open.  Thats it. He tries hard I believe.  I also don't believe we are showcasing him.  Why would we have to showcase him or any veteran that has been around the league?  Scouting reports are pages long on these guys.  You showcase guys that haven't been seen, or seen very little, not someone thats been in the league for more than 3 years and playing a lot.

[/QUOTE]

Your analysis of Bass is right on the money. Other teams know exactly what he is.  The problem is with all we say about his value,  that with his new contract is he less attractive to other teams.  I hope we can find a way to get Gortat without giving up a key player.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to OneOnOne's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Your analysis of Bass is right on the money. Other teams know exactly what he is.  The problem is with all we say about his value,  that with his new contract is he less attractive to other teams.  I hope we can find a way to get Gortat without giving up a key player.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.