why exactly was erden traded?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

why exactly was erden traded?

i have been reading everything i can find about last week's trades, but can't seem to find a quote from either ainge or rivers on why erden was traded for half of a second round pick.

harangody for a second rounder was a good move because he is likely to struggle to maintain a spot in the league never mind with the celtics.  certainly "clearing a roster space" was important as the celtics are looking to pick up a veteran who gets bought out.

but, trading a young, developing, aggressive, low salary, 7 foot center like erden has puzzled me.  can this guy johnson be better than erden?

i would have thought that he could have also brought another pick (in addition to the one they got for harangody) for erden.

anyone hear anything on why erden was traded for only 1/2 of a second round pick.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PierceIsTheTruth. Show PierceIsTheTruth's posts

Re: why exactly was erden traded?

already a thread about this. use the search function. to clear roster spots and cap room. mind you him and harongody's salaries were only $479,000

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from runrunandrun. Show runrunandrun's posts

In Response to why exactly was erden traded?:
    i have been reading everything i can find about last week's trades, but can't seem to find a quote from either ainge or rivers on why erden was traded for half of a second round pick. harangody for a second rounder was a good move because he is likely to struggle to maintain a spot in the league never mind with the celtics.  certainly "clearing a roster space" was important as the celtics are looking to pick up a veteran who gets bought out. but, trading a young, developing, aggressive, low salary, 7 foot center like erden has puzzled me.  can this guy johnson be better than erden? i would have thought that he could have also brought another pick (in addition to the one they got for harangody) for erden. anyone hear anything on why erden was traded for only 1/2 of a second round pick.
    Posted by charliedarling

What do you live under a rock?  All last week my post on why the C's traded Erden for nothing, 65 posts.

Erden wanted out of Boston, he was injured by Shaq and Garnett in practice and was tired of being the punching bag in practice. He flew back to Turkey for two weeks and had his agent demand a trade.

Ainge had no choice but to let him go.We all know Garnett picks on international players.

Take care Run

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Erden if you have been watching is fragile perhaps even brittle, getting injured frequently.  His game has been exposed in the last two months or he is so injured he can't play up to his potential.  Watching though I think he will never fulfill his potential.  He seems not physical enough to be the player suggested here.  He is a back up at best and if Celtics want him I will bet he will be available again.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: why exactly was erden traded?:
    In Response to why exactly was erden traded? : What do you live under a rock?  All last week my post on why the C's traded Erden for nothing, 65 posts. Erden wanted out of Boston, he was injured by Shaq and Garnett in practice and was tired of being the punching bag in practice. He flew back to Turkey for two weeks and had his agent demand a trade. Ainge had no choice but to let him go.We all know Garnett picks on international players. Take care Run
    Posted by runrunandrun

90% of those posts were in reference to you not having a brain.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

Erden may be a backup backup at best.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

In Response to why exactly was erden traded? : What do you live under a rock?  All last week my post on why the C's traded Erden for nothing, 65 posts. Erden wanted out of Boston, he was injured by Shaq and Garnett in practice and was tired of being the punching bag in practice. He flew back to Turkey for two weeks and had his agent demand a trade. Ainge had no choice but to let him go.We all know Garnett picks on international players. Take care Run
    Posted by runrunandrun

Run, wake-up call: most people have you on ignore.
    Add me to that list.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

As the others have posted, Erden injured more than healthy and prob needs surgery for shoulder. He couldnt be counted on for the playoffs and hes not that good anyway.

His value to us was he was a 7 footer and filled in because all our other bigs have been out...Perk, Shaq, Jon

Now we have Kristic and expecting Shaq next week.  DA feels JON will be healthy as well to help us. Adding BBD to play center in a crunch, it'll give us 4 guys up front.

Erden expendable and we're not gonna miss him much on the court

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from edcap99. Show edcap99's posts

Posted by runrunandrun
    The official story is that Erden, who was suffering from a groin injury, went home before the all-star break to be with his mother who was ill. The Celtics traded Semih and Harangody to the Cavs to clear roster space in order to pursue veteran players whose contracts would be bought out by their respective teams. There's no mention in any of the articles that I've read that Erden had asked to be traded. In fact, he even attended the team shootaround prior to the Clippers game.

Sections
Shortcuts