Why Gortat is Available

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Re: Why Gortat is Available

In response to Fierce34's comment:

It's just not working out for Gortat and the Suns. 

Dec. 15 is 8 days away. 

Give us a "Polish Hammer" for Christmas, Mr. Ainge.

Let's go get him then.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Y'all are crazy.

Dec 15? What package can we put together for Gortat (7.2) on Dec 15? There's nothing. We can give them Lee (5), Melo(1.2) and who? Why would they want Lee? We'd have to give them three players for one to make it work.

Not gonnna happen.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

That's because Lee is not what they want. What they want is Fab Melo and the multiple draft picks the Celts have to offer. Lee is included just so the salaries would match.

Lee, Melo, maybe Collins, and multiple draft picks for Gortat.

[/QUOTE]

Ok, so lets pretend we get that trade.

1. Do you pair KG with Gortat to start - or do you send an unhappy guy who was just traded to the bench?

2. Whose minutes get cut? Does Wilcox now take the Collins role?

if Gortat comes off the bench for KG, I'd like to see Sullinger start and Bass off the bench

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Those questions will be answered as time goes on. What we want and what really works on the floor are two different things. I could care less whether he starts or comes off the bench in a bikini, as long as its green..

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinus007. Show sinus007's posts

R9R,

I think it'd be great if Suns take Lee, Melo, Collins and a pick for Gortat.

As for his minutes, he can play 30+ min. With Gortat, Doc would be able to play several front court combinations depending on their efficiency and the opponents.

AK

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to R9R's comment:

Y'all are crazy.

Dec 15? What package can we put together for Gortat (7.2) on Dec 15? There's nothing. We can give them Lee (5), Melo(1.2) and who? Why would they want Lee? We'd have to give them three players for one to make it work.

Not gonnna happen.

That's because Lee is not what they want. What they want is Fab Melo and the multiple draft picks the Celts have to offer. Lee is included just so the salaries would match.

Lee, Melo, maybe Collins, and multiple draft picks for Gortat.

We have multiple picks?  Or picks  from multiple  years?  #1 pciks in consecutive years cannot be traded, so how many are we talking here?  Diddn't PHO also get 3 #1 picks from the lakers for Nash??

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

http://www.sheridanhoops.com/2012/12/07/knicks-win-without-carmelo-pau-gasol-rumors-swirl/

One of the other big problems in Phoenix is the play —and negative attitude — of Marcin Gortat, who finished with three points on 1-for-8 shooting and would have some folks demanding a refund even if there hadn’t been a guarantee.

Sure sounds like a guy who wants to be traded.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:

http://www.sheridanhoops.com/2012/12/07/knicks-win-without-carmelo-pau-gasol-rumors-swirl/

One of the other big problems in Phoenix is the play —and negative attitude — of Marcin Gortat, who finished with three points on 1-for-8 shooting and would have some folks demanding a refund even if there hadn’t been a guarantee.

Sure sounds like a guy who wants to be traded.

The question is why is he playing so much more poorly than he did last year?  It can't be just because of Nash.  

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to BloggetyBloop's comment:

You guys are talking like Marcin Gortat is Dwight Howard or something. He is just another mediocre player that will be combined with a mediocre Celtic team.

ROTFLMAO!!!

Have a very blessed day!

No.  I think people are talking about Gortat being a quality big and the Celtics need a quality big.

The Lakers have a very good big in Howard and then have Kobe and not much else.  So see on a lakers board people would be talking about needing everything but a center and a SG.  ON a Celtics board people talk about needing a quality big.

Hope this helps clear things up.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

We have multiple picks?  Or picks  from multiple  years?  #1 pciks in consecutive years cannot be traded, so how many are we talking here?  Diddn't PHO also get 3 #1 picks from the lakers for Nash??

1 1st round pick and a 2nd round pick equals multiple draft picks.

Also heard this is a weak draft, so let's give them picks from this year.....

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"You guys are talking like Marcin Gortat is Dwight Howard or something. He is just another mediocre player that will be combined with a mediocre Celtic team."

Well I know you are an expert on mediocrity both as a Laker fan 2012 and also likely in terms of other things as well, but, well, this may surprise you: This is a Celtics board and so the nuances of how to make our team better are exactly what we are doing here. This discussion isn't about you and doesn't interest you and as such is one more good argument for you being here less. 

p.s. need I remind you Lakers and their fans have been talking about how 36 year old Raja Bell could help a little...does that mean your team is mediocre? Gortat is Shaq compared to aging journeyman Bell who is evidently a good piece for your mediocre team

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Let's see what happens. 

Even if the Celts don't get Gortat this month, Ainge can still make a deal on or before the trade deadline.

I'm just glad that the Celts are not a crappy team like the Lakers.

I think we may have to expand the trade, or get a third team involved......would we take Dudley's contract back?

• You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

Let's see what happens. 

Even if the Celts don't get Gortat this month, Ainge can still make a deal on or before the trade deadline.

I'm just glad that the Celts are not a crappy team like the Lakers.

Sorry Dube, but this pooch can't come close to filling the snickering pup's jockstrap. That particular pooch should be charged w/ animal cruelty...

•  
  • You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

You guys are talking like Marcin Gortat is Dwight Howard or something. He is just another mediocre player that will be combined with a mediocre Celtic team.

ROTFLMAO!!!

Have a very blessed day!

No.  I think people are talking about Gortat being a quality big and the Celtics need a quality big.

The Lakers have a very good big in Howard and then have Kobe and not much else.  So see on a lakers board people would be talking about needing everything but a center and a SG.  ON a Celtics board people talk about needing a quality big.

Hope this helps clear things up.

Sorry my friend, but there are not many Lakers fans on the Laker boards saying that we need a PG or PF as we have Nash and Gasol to fill those rolls. Both of those players are All-Stars. Hope all is well!

Have a very blessed day!

This is odd as neither are able to play because of injury and neither are all stars anymore.

I guess you understand your fellow laker fans better than I do. Nash and Gasol will never be all stars again.  Well I guess if you are satisfied with your team then more power to you.

Most people would be very unhappy.

• Sections
    Shortcuts