Why Great Celtic Players are Different

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Why Great Celtic Players are Different

http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/news/story?id=5757927

KG is one of those who turned down the opportunity to play in the 2008 Olympics. I think one Gold Medal is enough for KG. Both KG and Ray were part of the 2000 USA team that won gold in Sydney, Australia. 

Michael Jordan has 2 Olympic gold medals. Does Kobe really have to have 2 Olympic gold medals too?

I mean by that time Kobe will be 34 years old. Is this a case of personal interest over national interest?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from victorlee1234. Show victorlee1234's posts

Re: Why Great Celtic Players are Different

In Response to Why Great Celtic Players are Different:
    http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/news/story?id=5757927 KG is one of those who turned down the opportunity to play in the 2008 Olympics. I think one Gold Medal is enough for KG. Both KG and Ray were part of the 2000 USA team that won gold in Sydney, Australia.  Michael Jordan has 2 Olympic gold medals. Does Kobe really have to have 2 Olympic gold medals too? I mean by that time Kobe will be 34 years old. Is this a case of personal interest over national interest?
    Posted by P34

He also said he wants ANOTHER ring this year to add to the five he's already got.  Why can't he step aside and let others enjoy the limelight?  What a selfish pig.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from victorlee1234. Show victorlee1234's posts

http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/news/story?id=5757927 KG is one of those who turned down the opportunity to play in the 2008 Olympics. I think one Gold Medal is enough for KG. Both KG and Ray were part of the 2000 USA team that won gold in Sydney, Australia.
    Posted by P34

KG is obviously a fair and decent man, especially to cancer patients.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

Remember we live in America.
    We just got by a dirty politics because people wants to change Oboso's failed ideas. People wants less regulation & intervention.
    Regulating Kobe is like what we experienced lately in our govt.

Let 'em do what he wants....pursuit of happiness
    ...and mind your own business.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

In Response to Re: Why Great Celtic Players are Different:
    Remember we live in America. We just got by a dirty politics because people wants to change Oboso's failed ideas. People wants less regulation & intervention. Regulating Kobe is like what we experienced lately in our govt. Let 'em do what he wants....pursuit of happiness ...and mind your own business.
    Posted by CHEisCHE

lets keep this about basketball...if you want to get your as.s whipped by liberals head into the political forum

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

One of the things I'll never get is the Americans never send their elite team to the Olympics. Other than 1992 the team hasn't represented the best NBA players. Why shouldn't Bryant play again?

The only possible problem with this is a 'super' team may not play like a team in international events. But surely they could follow the example of the 1992 side.

Still think the 1992 were fortunate they never had to face Yugoslavia but that's another topic for someplace else.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Medneggler. Show Medneggler's posts

http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/news/story?id=5757927 KG is one of those who turned down the opportunity to play in the 2008 Olympics. I think one Gold Medal is enough for KG. Both KG and Ray were part of the 2000 USA team that won gold in Sydney, Australia.  Michael Jordan has 2 Olympic gold medals. Does Kobe really have to have 2 Olympic gold medals too? I mean by that time Kobe will be 34 years old. Is this a case of personal interest over national interest?
    Posted by P34

Wow P34, you really grasp at anything you can huh? Kobe is a bad person!! He likes competing and winning!  LOL

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from oldtimerceltfan. Show oldtimerceltfan's posts

One of the things I'll never get is the Americans never send their elite team to the Olympics. Other than 1992 the team hasn't represented the best NBA players. Why shouldn't Bryant play again? The only possible problem with this is a 'super' team may not play like a team in international events. But surely they could follow the example of the 1992 side. Still think the 1992 were fortunate they never had to face Yugoslavia but that's another topic for someplace else.
    Posted by RUWorthy

I don't know how old you are, or how old you were in 1992? BUT. It used to be just our college kids to play in the Olympics, after all it was an amatuer event, and they were not paid. And they kicked everyones butt for years, before international teams finally learned to play. It wasn,t untill the college boys lost when we complained that they been playing against international Pro teams for years who were paid. Hence, amatuer no more, that our pro team started.  And Yugoslavia did not stand a chance. The only way for an international team to win was to cheat, like russian team did, where american team did not show up to accept medal. Politics came into play in the Olympics. It been downhill ever since. You will not see an elite team until you can beat the second stringers.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Benamn. Show Benamn's posts

In Response to Why Great Celtic Players are Different : He also said he wants ANOTHER ring this year to add to the five he's already got.  Why can't he step aside and let others enjoy the limelight?  What a selfish pig.
    Posted by victorlee1234

so Kobe is a pig and selfish because he wants another ring.........what does that make Bill Russell......a disgusting pig?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

In Response to Re: Why Great Celtic Players are Different : so Kobe is a pig and selfish because he wants another ring.........what does that make Bill Russell......a disgusting pig?
    Posted by Benamn

LOL

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimmyNBAFan. Show JimmyNBAFan's posts

In Response to Re: Why Great Celtic Players are Different : so Kobe is a pig and selfish because he wants another ring.........what does that make Bill Russell......a disgusting pig?
    Posted by Benamn

No Ben, probably just a well fed, well nourished, and successful basketball genius. The Kobester wants more rings to be able to say he's been more successful that Michael, Magic, and Shaq. Russ simply wanted more rings to enjoy the thrill of victory with teammates and true fans of life and sports.

Thanks though, for mentioning the best, since Kobe has created the rating system based on the number of rings.

Jimmy

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: Why Great Celtic Players are Different : No Ben, probably just a well fed, well nourished, and successful basketball genius. The Kobester wants more rings to be able to say he's been more successful that Michael, Magic, and Shaq. Russ simply wanted more rings to enjoy the thrill of victory with teammates and true fans of life and sports. Thanks though, for mentioning the best, since Kobe has created the rating system based on the number of rings. Jimmy
    Posted by JimmyNBAFan

Kobe was asked what his 5th championship meant to him. He said, "That's one more than Shaq." 

How pathetic of an answer is that?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: Why Great Celtic Players are Different : Actually it's an answer based on fact- but then I forgot that you don't deal in facts. I think the Lakers will lose their season opener to the Rockets!- P34.
    Posted by RUMcHale

That's the point, according to Laker fans it's a fact, to other fans it's Kobe's way of mocking Shaq. Get it?

Oh by the way, Lakers going to lose tonight in Sacramento. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Give-in-to-it. Show Give-in-to-it's posts

In Response to Re: Why Great Celtic Players are Different : Actually to any person with intelligence it's a fact. Kobe has 5 rings, Shaq has 4. Whether he's mocking Shaq who cares, he's a big boy capable of looking after himself.
    Posted by RUMcHale

He could have always went the "Shaq...Tell me how my $$$ taste" route in mocking Shaq. Someone else already used that one though.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: Why Great Celtic Players are Different : Wrong again. Like I said earlier, no cred! Lakers 112- Sac 100.
    Posted by RUMcHale

I only need to be right 30 times. If I'm wrong 52 times then I can live with that. Tongue out

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: Why Great Celtic Players are Different : Wrong again. Like I said earlier, no cred! Lakers 112- Sac 100.
    Posted by RUMcHale

Your fellow Laker troll already said the Lakers will win 62 games this year. 

How about you, too scared to be wrong at the end of the season? 

You said as long as the Lakers make the playoffs that's good enough for you. I thought you said the Lakers are the best team in the NBA. Don't you think you're selling them short?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUMcHale. Show RUMcHale's posts

In Response to Re: Why Great Celtic Players are Different : He could have always went the "Shaq...Tell me how my $$$ taste" route in mocking Shaq. Someone else already used that one though.
    Posted by Give-in-to-it

Lol that would have been funny. Shaq's great in talking smack but terrible when he's on the other end.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUMcHale. Show RUMcHale's posts

In Response to Re: Why Great Celtic Players are Different : Your fellow Laker troll already said the Lakers will win 62 games this year.  How about you, too scared to be wrong at the end of the season?  You said as long as the Lakers make the playoffs that's good enough for you. I thought you said the Lakers are the best team in the NBA. Don't you think you're selling them short?
    Posted by P34

My prediction is....Lakers will make the playoffs and continue to be the team to beat!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

In Response to Re: Why Great Celtic Players are Different : I don't know how old you are, or how old you were in 1992? BUT. It used to be just our college kids to play in the Olympics, after all it was an amatuer event, and they were not paid. And they kicked everyones butt for years, before international teams finally learned to play. It wasn,t untill the college boys lost when we complained that they been playing against international Pro teams for years who were paid. Hence, amatuer no more, that our pro team started.  And Yugoslavia did not stand a chance. The only way for an international team to win was to cheat, like russian team did, where american team did not show up to accept medal. Politics came into play in the Olympics. It been downhill ever since. You will not see an elite team until you can beat the second stringers.
    Posted by oldtimerceltfan

Hi, I turned 21 this year.

I think the USA losing at the 1988 Olympics and the 1990 World Championships, which I think they lost to Yugoslavia, where the events that led to the NBA players playing in the Olympics and World Championships.

Didn't America lose to Russia in 1972? Remember reading that the team still haven't accepted their Gold Medals. What were the circumstances of that game? Must have been harsh if the Americans believed they were cheated.

I think Yugoslavia would have been beaten by the 1992 team. But the game may have been slightly more competitive. Was a close game for a while against Croatia, but nobody could compete with the depth and class of that US team. But those Yugoslavian teams were very special.

America was defeated at the 2004 Olympics and 2006 World Championships. Which was what I was referring to. If America doesn't send their best team they're vulnerable to losing. They can no longer turn up have the media dub them the "Dream Team" and expect their opponents to roll over and surrender.

Which is a good thing for international basketball.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from victorlee1234. Show victorlee1234's posts

Oh by the way, Lakers going to lose tonight in Sacramento. 
    Posted by P34

I think you need to bust your crystal ball.  Cheer up, someday you'll get it right.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from victorlee1234. Show victorlee1234's posts

In Response to Re: Why Great Celtic Players are Different : Kobe was asked what his 5th championship meant to him. He said, "That's one more than Shaq."  How pathetic of an answer is that?
    Posted by P34

It was said in jest.  Just how juvenile can you be?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PACelt. Show PACelt's posts

What does this have to do with "great Celtic players"???

PA

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

What does this have to do with "great Celtic players"??? PA
    Posted by PACelt

Great Celtic players like Larry Bird and KG are not insecure. 

MJ has 2 gold medals so Kobe has to have 2 also. Shaq has 4 rings so Kobe has to have 5. 

Having the most gold medals or championship rings doesn't mean that you're automatically the greatest player in the world. How many rings does Robert Horry and Steve Kerr have?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

What does this have to do with "great Celtic players"??? PA
    Posted by PACelt

Amen, brother!!

So, the conversation begins and ends with Bill Russell winning 2 NCAA titles, one Olympic Gold and 11 NBA titles in 13 years.  Some where in the middle would be Kareem, who SHOULD have a Gold Medal, but was too political and bigoted to attend the 1968 games.  (I'm not judging him, that's what he wrote in his book!!)

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

Russell is the greatest.

Sections
Shortcuts