Why has Von Wafer been held back all year?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Why has Von Wafer been held back all year?

I always liked thiss guy for his coast to coast drives. I hven't seen one all year!
    He obviously is not allowed to.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from stackgtr. Show stackgtr's posts

Re: Why has Von Wafer been held back all year?

Idk good question, he could help alot off of pure talent but when he is out there he seems lost when it comes to running plays and team defensive concepts.. its the playoffs n we need that scrappy raw talent n hustle, i say let him play!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LakerFan67. Show LakerFan67's posts

Von Wafer doesn't have it mentally. You put him on the floor, he'll make some serious mental blunders. That's been the guy's M.O. since he first entered the league. Celtic fans having only seen glimpses of his play.

Wafer style is to shoot, shoot & then shoot, and his defense is horrible. Yes, you think you like Von Wafer because he's never really been out there very much. And you better pray that he isn't on the floor except when the Celtics have big leads.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChiefEddie1028. Show ChiefEddie1028's posts

In Response to Why has Von Wafer been held back all year?:
    I always liked thiss guy for his coast to coast drives. I hven't seen one all year! He obviously is not allowed to.
    Posted by DaCeltics

You asked a good question. We really need to get Von and the bench involved in this series. Our bench is way better than the knicks, so why don't we use the bench?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

He has had some kick butt games against some quality opponents. He needs to get another opportunity. I hope it's this Friday.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In Response to Re: Why has Von Wafer been held back all year?:
    No he just sux. That is why he wasn't playing in the NBA...
    Posted by RicoCeltic

Yeah, a former lakers draft pick - that should have been a huge clue - way to keep it objective, there, Pitino

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

I'm a man of my word...
    Posted by RicoCeltic

You are a bold faced liar and everyone knows it

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

I see no reason why Wafer should not get some minutes to see if he is our x factor.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Perhaps because he has played badly in practice and hadn't put the time in?

We saw the same kinds of threads before Bill Walker ended up with the Knicks and now he's had the chance to play badly for them in big games.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Laker 67, 

To anyone who has eyes Wafer has shown a lot this year. He rarely takes shot after shot. As a matter of fact he should shoot more. He plays good defense and seems able to go the basket in a way many of the Celtics cannot.

No after your first seven posts why don't you tell which Laker troll you were last week?  I see dear Rico is back.  I think maybe you are Rico. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

lakers won so Rico is back.  If Celtics go up 3-0 tomorrow, expect "dear Rico" to take the weekend off.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Wafer had it going on right before his injury...since then, DOc has planted him on the bench.

Hard to understand... the guy can shoot and take it to the rim ...also plays aggressive defense.

DOc has made these kinds of decisions in the past... Eddie House was rotting on the bench in our title year and came in by default in one of the games and lit it up...rest is history.

Same with BBD.. he wasnt getting much time at all until KG went down.. then BBD blossomed into a big time player cause Doc has no choice but to play him.

2 cases why we scratch our head about Doc and his reliuctance to use some players when we need them

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Wafer had it going on right before his injury...since then, DOc has planted him on the bench. Hard to understand... the guy can shoot and take it to the rim ...also plays aggressive defense. DOc has made these kinds of decisions in the past... Eddie House was rotting on the bench in our title year and came in by default in one of the games and lit it up...rest is history. Same with BBD.. he wasnt getting much time at all until KG went down.. then BBD blossomed into a big time player cause Doc has no choice but to play him. 2 cases why we scratch our head about Doc and his reliuctance to use some players when we need them
    Posted by Karllost

Seems Doc has always had a hard time developing a bench.  I watch other teams and their bench comes in and sometimes they just explode.  I don't think their players are that much better than ours.  I think we always only have 1 starter with them.  Ray isn't much help without a PP or RR to set him up for the most part.  PP gets wore out playing with the first and second strings.  We hold back KG's minutes.  Rondo isn't nearly as effective because he isn't passing to RA and KG.  This is a ongoing problem for Rivers.  He should have developed it better last year and this year.  I agree Wafer could be the offensive player we need on the second team.  Doc needs to tell Green that he needs him to be agressive-offensively.  Us becoming a jump shooting team hasn't helped.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

I've liked Wafer's game since he played with Houston. It took him a while to catch on the the C's system, but since about the New Year, he's been playing well when he gets the opportunity. The second unit could use some more scoring for sure. Von can do that plus he's very good at penetrating the defense and passing to the open man. I'd like to see Delonte at the point and Von at the 2 for a few games to see how it works out. I think Von earned the oppurtunity to get some minutes in the playoffs this season. I hope Doc thinks the same.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Why has Von Wafer been held back all year?:
    I always liked thiss guy for his coast to coast drives. I hven't seen one all year! He obviously is not allowed to.
    Posted by DaCeltics

Can we all just take a deep breath and do some research on the phrase "the cream rises to the top" and realize why Wafer has been "held back"......

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

In Response to Why has Von Wafer been held back all year? : Can we all just take a deep breath and do some research on the phrase "the cream rises to the top" and realize why Wafer has been "held back"......
    Posted by TheDUDDER

You are the epitome of a hater. Ha Ha Ha!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Re: Why has Von Wafer been held back all year? : You are the epitome of a hater. Ha Ha Ha!
    Posted by DaCeltics

Hater..... like Orien Greene, Gerald Green, Bill Walker, Giddens, Bradley, West, Allen, blah blah blah........  nothing in history suggests that wearing Green means anything other than wearing green.......  hater..... nope..... reality check for the rest of you.

Sections
Shortcuts