Why I am Rooting for the Celtics to Win Every Game?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Why I am Rooting for the Celtics to Win Every Game?

Because I have never rooted against my favorite team(s).  It destroys the entire purpose of my enjoyment in watching sports.  I want to see the athletes on my team perform at their best and be rewarded for it.  

Ultimeately, wheather you root for the Celtics to win or not will not change the outcome of the game... rooting against your team will just make you feel like a cheap shallow hypocrite.

And besides, as its been said, this team just doesn't have the talent to compete against all but a few teams in the league.  We are going to lose enough games anyway that we will get a top 3 pick  regardless.  So feel better about yourself and enjoy the games more.

You're lack of support won't make a difference anyway.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinus007. Show sinus007's posts

Re: Why I am Rooting for the Celtics to Win Every Game?

Eldunker,

I usually disagree with you but this post - I couldn't agree more.

Well, except the "a top 3 pick" - my prediction is #4-8.

AK

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:

Because I have never rooted against my favorite team(s).  It destroys the entire purpose of my enjoyment in watching sports.  I want to see the athletes on my team perform at their best and be rewarded for it.  

Ultimeately, wheather you root for the Celtics to win or not will not change the outcome of the game... rooting against your team will just make you feel like a cheap shallow hypocrite.

And besides, as its been said, this team just doesn't have the talent to compete against all but a few teams in the league.  We are going to lose enough games anyway that we will get a top 3 pick  regardless.  So feel better about yourself and enjoy the games more.

+1 

Go Celtics!

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

I can enjoy the game and root for the Cs because I've already done my homework the night before.

I've asked for divine intervention to bring us a high lotto pick... and forgiveness too for being a cheap hypocrite.

Pud

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

We are not tanking, we are REBUILDING.  The Celtic front office and their new coach know what they are doing.  They are rebuilding, not tanking.  It may seem like tanking at times, but players must be evaluated and youth must be developed and draft picks or trades must add to a championshp hunt.  It take TIME, sometimes years.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

I am rooting for Brooklyn to lose every game.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

It's totally fine to root for your team of course, you bleed green so it is what it is. 

I am currently rooting for them against Orlando right now. 

But if they lose, knowing that in the end losing helps their chances this year is a nice consolation. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

In response to chris33's comment:

I am rooting for Brooklyn to lose every game.

LOL!!!!  Perfect attitude.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

So with 6 first round picks in three years, how many do you think will eventually make the team? and how many do you think will be starters within 3 years?  Remember Jujuan, Melo and others...

I say 4 of 6 make the team and 2 are eventual starters, both from the 2014 draft (with our first pick starting from day one).  The other two - one a solid contributor off the bench and the other a utility bench sub.  In any case, we'll still need some good FA signings.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:

I can enjoy the game and root for the Cs because I've already done my homework the night before.

I've asked for divine intervention to bring us a high lotto pick... and forgiveness too for being a cheap hypocrite.

Pud

Pud at his caustic best.  Take that Eldunker!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Are you a child? No, seriously, are you 5 years old?

Your "rooting" for a win does nothing. Absolutely nothing. It is meaningless. You can't possibly say that I have to "root for wins" in order to be a Celtic fan. I just couldn't disagree with you more.

If one were to define what a "true Celtic fan" is, one would do so by saying he/she is someone who will watch the games on tv, listen on the radio, participate in the hype and go to the games. I watch these games, not hoping for them to miss every shot or to get hurt. No. I watch to see improvement from Avery, Jeff, Kelly, Sully, Vitor and Phil. I watch to see Brandon increase his trade value. I watch to see unexpected plays from Crawford, Lee, Wallace and Brooks.

HOWEVER, I do hope that they ultimately lose games, because that is what is best for the franchise. This franchise has invested in draft picks. A losing record this year gives us the best chance of landing talent in the draft. Its very simple. If we aren't winning championships, we need to be positioning ourselves to win championships.

2007 was a horrendous season, full of losses. Did that instill a culture of losing? Did Durants first few losing seasons in OKC instill a culture of losing for them? Or, did talent persevere and triumph?

I am a Celtics fan and it is insulting for you to say that I am not because I want what is best for the franchise. You are a child.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Really Durant only had one bad season.  By the time they hit okc they were already getting it turned around.

when Im here on the forums talking in abstract I think it makes sense to be bad.  But when i watch the games and see that green, I have no choice but to root for them.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

I think you're rooting for us because you are a fan, not a wannabe Stephan A Smith like some poser fans and are starting realize we're not going to be as bad as you thought and are actually competetive. We're still a work in progress but, Stevans is a better coach than rivers,we have had a lead in the 4th every game, we have depth, players that willing to listen and learn and DA has put together a squad that will be condusive to RRs talent when he returns. There will be more believers than naysayers by the time spring time rolls around.

Sections
Shortcuts