Why is Bass afraid to shoot when he is WIDE OPEN?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Re: Why is Bass afraid to shoot when he is WIDE OPEN?

The increase in ball movement has helped ball handlers like Avery Bradley, Courtney Lee, Jason Terry, and Jeff Green, but Bass is much better in a complementary role. How many times last season did we see Rondo and Bass run a high pick-and-roll, Bass slip to either the free throw line or baseline, and Rondo suck in all the defenders and find Brandon for an open mid-range jumper. That was a lethal combination against the Sixers in the playoffs when Philly focused on shutting down the paint.

http://www.celticsblog.com/2013/3/13/4099860/brandon-bass-is-doing-just-fine-haters

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Maybe when Doc told him not to post up, he also told him not to shoot!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from wicksandrowe. Show wicksandrowe's posts

Too many options for a non-basketball mind to process, and he can't handle options. Catch is too early or too late, hesitation, fake ball-fake, look left, look right, pass. Catch is in flow, as in he sees it coming and gets his feet right, he steps into the shot, and he's money. Rondo was good at delivering that pass to him.

I'd like to see him do more of what he did last night. Quick fake left, right, or up, and then blast to the hoop. I'd live with the occasional offensive foul he'd inevitably draw, but at least ONE guy would be going to the hoop and maybe getting to the line.

The fact that a Hall of Fame player, KG, at 6'11", can shoot like 8-29 over two games and not find a way to get fouled on 23 misses just escapes me.

And more or less ditto for Jeff Green. Has he ever been seen going to his left, or making right handed drive when a defender makes contact with him? I've seen the dunks, but they're all clear-path. With his size and skill set, he could live at the line.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Afraid to shoot wide open?

Sounds like acute R9Ritis to me.

Pud

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I think he is player with poor ball handling skills.   He is a bench player who last year started.  Without Rondo in there giving him good looks he is useless.  He should be coming off the bench.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:

Afraid to shoot wide open?

Sounds like acute R9Ritis to me.

Pud

Yeah but that's the kind of statment someone who doesn't understand basketball might make as Rondo was the most accurate point guard this year from the elbow. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

Bass is shooting tonight.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from wicksandrowe. Show wicksandrowe's posts

In response to Jump-ball-overtime's comment:

Bass is shooting tonight.

Very happy to see it. Rather have to hold his aggressiveness back than have to start a fire every 30 seconds!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to kyceltic's comment:

Maybe when Doc told him not to post up, he also told him not to shoot!!

when doc told him not to post up- he did a HUGE NO-NO in coaching- he told the player "you're not good enough" and it's gotten inside bass' head big time. 

just more proof that doc is on the forrest gump end of the coaching spectrum

Sections
Shortcuts