Why is Harangody not playing?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from runrunandrun. Show runrunandrun's posts

Why is Harangody not playing?

Why does Doc sit Luke game after game?  Boston played without Shaq, JO, Erden,Daniels, and Pierce was hurting bad foot, sore hand,flu 0-10 shooting and still Luke sat. Doc just dosn't like white players.

Doc is killing his old starters and paying the price. Allen is 35 and should not be playing 40 minutes a game,come playoff time he will be spent ,just like last year. Pierce is having an MRI on his foot from overuse.

Luke was player of the year in the Big East and has played well when given the chance.

Doc played basically 7 players last game and played Perkins who is coming back from major knee surgery most of the game,totally insane.
    Take care

Run

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

Re: Why is Harangody not playing?

luke ain't 6-5 to spell ray and cannot play the 3 either.  davis is doing yeoman's work at the 4/5, better than luke could do.  is it really that hard to figure out?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Agree that with the limited roster that the rookies should be playing a few minutes.  They should both be getting playing time.  Even if John Wall was a member of the Celtics he probably wouldn't be playing either. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

let me satisfy you this valentine day run --- he's white!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In Response to Re: Why is Harangody not playing?:
    [QUOTE]I totally agree. C'z would have won by 20 yesterday if Luke was guarding Lebron. No doubt about it. He proved his worth guarding Ryan Anderson against Orl. If he can shut down that athletic freak than no doubt he could guard Lebron.
    Posted by tompenny[/QUOTE]

Post of the day - great job!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from slicksteve38. Show slicksteve38's posts

because he stinks?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from existentialparquet. Show existentialparquet's posts

I actually agree with Run... not the racist and hateful parts. Doc could have played Harangody some and gotten some rest for Perk. The Heat are talented, but not that big in terms of rebounding and such. The only thing I can think of is that he didn't want to take any chances with this game given the playoff implications etc.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

agree he should be spelling pierce more. then von can spell ray more, so on down the line it gives the starters more rest

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Luke, unfortunately is a little lost on the defensive side of the ball, with rotations and such...if CPP goes down, Doc will have to stick him in there.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

[QUOTE]let me satisfy you this valentine day run --- he's white!!
    Posted by CHEisCHE[/QUOTE]
    No, it's because he's a Ginger.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Luke, nice guy who hustles and may provide a minute or two of good play along with 10 minutes of "deer in the headlights" play.  In other words - not ready for prime time and that's why he gets no minutes.   He's especially weak on defense and in case you haven't noticed, Doc is sort of focused on his team playing good defense.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

u can tplay everyone. if baby or kg goes down he plays. if not NO

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from deanocelt. Show deanocelt's posts

Pierce needs to rest his foot. We cannot afford to loes Pierce for extended time. He needs rest versus Nets. Play Luke at versus Nets, just to keep Pierce off the floor. We can beat Nets without Pierce.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulbrr7. Show paulbrr7's posts

Doc, doesn't play rookies unless it's the last resort.... He let's them sit on the bench for two to three weeks without playing, then puts them in and expects them to play like a vet.  Sit BB for three weeks and see if he still does "yeoman's work " when he comes in for 3 minutes.... Play Luke, Erden and Bradley a few minutes every game and watch how they improve. That's the benefit of having a veteran team, hey they might even help the team win... It's not rocket science Doc.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ironceltic33. Show ironceltic33's posts

Luke has some skills,but his defense needs alot of work and I think he might be able to play three with more work in a few seasons I also don't believe that he's ready yet.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

luke is not playing because he is not ready to make a big enough contribution during tough games at the position he can play.

he is not a small forward and will only get in games at that spot if the celtics are leading or losing by 25.  no way does he play the 3 to spell pierce in a close game.

regarding doc not playing rookies/white guys... he has started erden in about 7 games this year and has played him in just about every game that erden has been healthy enough to play in.  erden was in street clothes for the last few games so he has been determined to be injured enough not to suit up.

erden is a rookie and he is white last i checked.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from edcap99. Show edcap99's posts

[QUOTE]I totally agree. C'z would have won by 20 yesterday if Luke was guarding Lebron. No doubt about it. He proved his worth guarding Ryan Anderson against Orl. If he can shut down that athletic freak than no doubt he could guard Lebron.
    Posted by tompenny[/QUOTE]Luke has energy and hustle. However, he has limited speed and leaping ability. He's a banger but he's not very athletic. He'll just pile on fouls guarding Lebron. By the way, comparing Lebron to Ryan Anderson is absurd.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

[QUOTE]Doc, doesn't play rookies unless it's the last resort.... He let's them sit on the bench for two to three weeks without playing, then puts them in and expects them to play like a vet.  Sit BB for three weeks and see if he still does "yeoman's work " when he comes in for 3 minutes.... Play Luke, Erden and Bradley a few minutes every game and watch how they improve. That's the benefit of having a veteran team, hey they might even help the team win... It's not rocket science Doc.
    Posted by paulbrr7[/QUOTE]
    It`s not rocket science. It`s coaching. Celts don`t excel in point differential. Playing guys who don`t know what they`re doing "a few minutes every game" loses ballgames You may be willing to do that, but Doc isn`t. I`m with Doc. We`ve done pretty well with him as coach, often under difficult circumstances.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Gody was or Bradley were not going to see time in a close game like yesterday or any game that is close.  We are going for home court this season.  If the game is a blow out then rookies will play.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Why is Harangody not playing?:
    [QUOTE]Why does Doc sit Luke game after game?  Boston played without Shaq, JO, Erden,Daniels, and Pierce was hurting bad foot, sore hand,flu 0-10 shooting and still Luke sat. Doc just dosn't like white players. Doc is killing his old starters and paying the price. Allen is 35 and should not be playing 40 minutes a game,come playoff time he will be spent ,just like last year. Pierce is having an MRI on his foot from overuse. Luke was player of the year in the Big East and has played well when given the chance. Doc played basically 7 players last game and played Perkins who is coming back from major knee surgery most of the game,totally insane. Take care Run
    Posted by runrunandrun[/QUOTE]

Didn't you know Danny is a racist?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulbrr7. Show paulbrr7's posts

jrleftfoot...Coaching? If you have three players on your team " who don't know what they're doing" that's interesting coaching.  If you have five player on the DL you need to show some faith and patience in what you got. Regardless, if you keep playing these starters the minutes they're playing it will come back to bite you. Plus he is playing Nate who half the time looks lost out there, so I guess that doesn't help your argument.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevemac33. Show stevemac33's posts

i honestly believe that given a chance, harangody could be the next (white) coming of big baby. with all the injuries, now's as good a time as ever to give him some on-the-job training if they don't feel he's totally ready yet.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

[QUOTE]jrleftfoot...Coaching? If you have three players on your team " who don't know what they're doing" that's interesting coaching.  If you have five player on the DL you need to show some faith and patience in what you got. Regardless, if you keep playing these starters the minutes they're playing it will come back to bite you. Plus he is playing Nate who half the time looks lost out there, so I guess that doesn't help your argument.
    Nate`s better than Harangody.Player`s get better over timeand Doc uses them more often(Perk, Baby) or they get lost (Gerald,Orien) I agree the starters need to play less.Doc has said as much. I just don`t think Gody is the answer at this point in his career. When he`s on the court, it seems to me that the game goes too fast for him and he rushes everything.Danny needs to find a small forward and dump some dead wood. Possibly Harangody,and though he has a higher ceiling Bradley.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from cpjohn1. Show cpjohn1's posts

[QUOTE]Doc, doesn't play rookies unless it's the last resort.... He let's them sit on the bench for two to three weeks without playing, then puts them in and expects them to play like a vet.  Sit BB for three weeks and see if he still does "yeoman's work " when he comes in for 3 minutes.... Play Luke, Erden and Bradley a few minutes every game and watch how they improve. That's the benefit of having a veteran team, hey they might even help the team win... It's not rocket science Doc.

Not true.  Doc plays rookies if they show they can play.  Baby got lots of playing time, even crunch time minutes when he was a rookie.  But he showed he can play.  Harangody cannot and is a terrible defender.  If the Celtics played Toronto every night, then Gody would get some playing time.  I think that Toronto game was the only game he played well.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from runrunandrun. Show runrunandrun's posts

[QUOTE]luke ain't 6-5 to spell ray and cannot play the 3 either.  davis is doing yeoman's work at the 4/5, better than luke could do.  is it really that hard to figure out?
    Posted by aciemvp[/QUOTE]

Hi Acie,
    Your a smart guy,close your eyes and picture Luke black,mvp of the Big East,all time leading scorer in Notre Dame history,6-8 260 lbs with a nice touch and great hustle. How does this black Luke not play for the C's?  He would especially if Shaq,JO,Daniels and Erden are down.

The only reason Luke is not playing is he is tooooo pale.

Take care Run

Sections
Shortcuts