Why is Rondo blamed when Garnett goes 5-19 or like tonight when him and kristic only starters near 50 percent?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrade. Show notrade's posts

Why is Rondo blamed when Garnett goes 5-19 or like tonight when him and kristic only starters near 50 percent?

He wasn't the reason they lost to the Clippers or Sixers. He is playing the same way. He has ,when he has racked up big assist numbers,but guys are just missing open shots or not finshing layups. 

He is still setting his teammates up for open shots,but they are missing them.
    Garnett has been horrible for 2 straight games,but no topics lambasting Kevin appear on this board.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

Re: Why is Rondo blamed when Garnett goes 5-19 or like tonight when him and kristic only starters near 50 percent?

according to the haters..Rondo sucks. bc he cant shoot. yea, you saw how bad his shot was tonite against the sixers.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Re: Why is Rondo blamed when Garnett goes 5-19 or like tonight when him and kristic only starters near 50 percent?

In Response to Re: Why is Rondo blamed when Garnett goes 5-19 or like tonight when him and kristic only starters near 50 percent?:
    [QUOTE]according to the haters..Rondo sucks. bc he cant shoot. yea, you saw how bad his shot was tonite against the sixers.
    Posted by JamezHill24[/QUOTE]

How in the world does Rondo get so wide open for those killer elbow jumpers?

DRose can't get that wide open for the life of him.

Anybody have a theory?

Pud

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

Simplist theory is that both players have different skill sets and ability.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

To be honest the big three were awful. It happens. It happened last year and the team went to game 7 of the finals. Yawning until the playoffs.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Notrade, I hear ya man.  KG has stunk and needs to be called out for his play.  he has settle for too many jumpers and not playing in the post against inferior players when he clearly has an advantage.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

The reason KG can have a few subpar games and nobody tears into him on the board while Rondo gets treated different when he does the same is that nobody questions KG's commitment.  For 14 years, Garnett has been the same in what he brings to the court as far as focus and work ethic.  KG doesn't care who he's playing.  KG competes on a nightly basis against himself.  That's a rarity in sports. 
    If I felt Rondo was in the same league as KG regarding those aspects, I'd never question him as I do (and I cut him a lot of slack because of all the minutes he plays). 
    Frankly, I think Rondo's mental focus is closer to that of most NBA players who have a great multiyear contract and no real job worries.  He's not a slacker by anymeans, he's just more of the norm. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

KG effort is always there, but you Rond lovers no matter what he does, have not noticed that he runs the offense and he is in a funk, walking the ball up a lot, defending onone,  the point guard is responsible to get the scoreing going.  Ray, KG, and Rondo are all playing bad lately.  Rondo did show spurts of recovering last night, but that won't get it done.  It is hard to lay the blame on the new guys for the last two losses which show the problem we have had all season with lower teams.  I am afraid the first round will be a very dangerous round for us becaus this team does not take the lower teams seriously.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In my opinion Allen and Pierce were far worse than Garnett and Rondo.

They just could not get anything to fall.

Can't remember when they were all that bad on one night. 

I think the issue of the five injured guys on the bench is starting to undermine our record.  Doc seems to be saying he can't get the injured guys on the floor so let's see what the new guys have.  The problem is other than Krystic and Green not very much.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Re: Why is Rondo blamed when Garnett goes 5-19 or like tonight when him and kristic only starters near 50 percent?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why is Rondo blamed when Garnett goes 5-19 or like tonight when him and kristic only starters near 50 percent? : How in the world does Rondo get so wide open for those killer elbow jumpers? DRose can't get that wide open for the life of him. Anybody have a theory? Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin[/QUOTE]

The difference between those that are objective and those that are not is that those that are not envision Rondo as some sort of guy that just "takes over games" and "carries the team on his back" - after all as I have read here, it is his team - lmao.  He had several layups blocked last time and made a few wide open jumpers and somehow there are posters that think he is dominant.  He had 12 points and 5 assists.  Why did he not have as many assists as usual?  Because players on his team are making passes to guys that have better shots available, namely Krstic.  Rondo goes in the corner and calls for the ball and the other 4 guys on the floor are busting a gut.

The fact that there was a thread debating Rondo vs. Rose is more than enough explanation and indication of the complete inability to be objective.

Last night is a perfect example of how Rondo is not even close to being in Rose's class.  The team was having a bit of a hard time scoring and Rondo didn't drop 35 on a 20 year old second year point guard did he?  Rondo clanged his normal number of jumpers but some will hold up his 50% shooting as some sort amazing feat - hey nobody guard and let me see if I can make 50%.

The same guys that think Rondo is averaging 18 assists per game and is about to obliterate the all time record are the same guys that can't quite fathom how when they look at the stats he is less than 1 assist ahead of the next guy and going down every day.

The same guys that want to somehow suggest that Rondo is a good shooter must simply cannot see the pressure that he creates on the offense once the ball is out of his hands.

The same guys thinking Rondo is averaging 7 steals per game and there are bunch of other guys lumped in around 2 are the same guys.....

That think Rondo's being at or near the top of the league in a couple of categories make up for what his weaknesses are......

The guy is averaging fewer points than aissists but reading here one would come away with the perspective that Rondo is threatening the Durantula for leading the league.

He is and has been since he came into the league the worst shooter in the league, in year 5 the logical defense is double off him, clog the lane and generally igore him.

I assume these same guys are the ones that think that if Russell Westbrook played in the East he would not have been player of the week last week, oh and these are the same guys that think that while Westbrook is 3 years younger can somehow not be as good as Rondo.......

Dreeaamm, dream, dream, dream, dream, dreaam.......  who wrote that song?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from lhtak. Show lhtak's posts

In Response to Why is Rondo blamed when Garnett goes 5-19 or like tonight when him and kristic only starters near 50 percent?:

Rondo is the reason they win or lose, its not about his jump shot and how many assists he has per night. In my opinion Rondo's biggest strength is driving to the hoop and drawing the fouls, getting to free throw line. Whenever he does that Celtics win more aften than not. Recently he's not utilizing his biggest strength and just trying to rely on jump shots and when he does that everybody else are guarded tight and its not easy to score. I am not happy with KG's offense either; his passion and emotions are vital for this team to succeed. But he gets paid more than anybody on the team and should produce the results accordingly. He has to put up the numbers as well, not just show emotions. I am just frustrated with his play recently and last finals as well, but I also realize that he is getting old and we can not expect same old KG. I hope he finds his niche and comes up top, just hoping that all these guys get up to play in the playoffs and bring 18.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In my opinion Allen and Pierce were far worse than Garnett and Rondo. They just could not get anything to fall. Can't remember when they were all that bad on one night.  I think the issue of the five injured guys on the bench is starting to undermine our record.  Doc seems to be saying he can't get the injured guys on the floor so let's see what the new guys have.  The problem is other than Krystic and Green not very much.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

Well maybe that is because they were guarding and defend guys that are 10 times more athletic and 10 years younger, ditto for KG.  When they put "tonights key matchup" and it was Brand vs. KG it was probably only a surprise to those green-glasses guys that Brand had better numbers in every category they listed.  So it should not have been much of a surprise that any of the BIG 3 had off nights.

Doc also basically for all intents purposes said he doesn't really care if they win, they are going to limit the minutes of the BIG 3 and Rondo regardless.  Wouldn't you love to be a season ticket holder where your team's coach basically goes on tv and admits they are willing to tank games.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TOMAA99999. Show TOMAA99999's posts

Rondo played well for the most part at Philly.  KG had a bad shooting night.  Kristic played well too.  Celtics will be fine.  They overall had a bad offensive 4th quarter.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Why is Rondo blamed when Garnett goes 5-19 or like tonight when him and kristic only starters near 50 percent? : Rondo is the reason they win or lose, its not about his jump shot and how many assists he has per night. In my opinion Rondo's biggest strength is driving to the hoop and drawing the fouls, getting to free throw line. Whenever he does that Celtics win more aften than not. Recently he's not utilizing his biggest strength and just trying to rely on jump shots and when he does that everybody else are guarded tight and its not easy to score. I am not happy with KG's offense either; his passion and emotions are vital for this team to succeed. But he gets paid more than anybody on the team and should produce the results accordingly. He has to put up the numbers as well, not just show emotions. I am just frustrated with his play recently and last finals as well, but I also realize that he is getting old and we can not expect same old KG. I hope he finds his niche and comes up top, just hoping that all these guys get up to play in the playoffs and bring 18.
    Posted by lhtak[/QUOTE]

If Rondo's "biggest strength is driving to the hoop and getting to the free throw line" then they are in big big trouble, he does whatever he can to avoid doing both of those things for the most part.  He is a terrible finisher and the worst free throw shooter. 

Though you seeing this as his biggest strength is pretty indicative of what I read hear quite often - he is hesitant to shoot though often nobody is within 15 feet of him, he is the worst foul shooter in the league, he can't finish and somehow you see this as his biggest strength......

His biggest strength is getting the ball out of his hands as soon as they cross half court so that the guys that actually can shoot, finish, and get to the line have the ball instead of him.

His "geratest strength" costs them about 4 points per game - good point guards get to the line 5 or 6 times per game and make between 80 and 90% so that is 4 or 5 ppg from getting the line.  Rondo goes games, weeks without going to the line once and on those rare nights he gets to the line it is a great opportunity for someone to pad their rebound stats.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

Wouldn't you love to be a season ticket holder where your team's coach basically goes on tv and admits they are willing to tank games.
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]

yea, i would if it meant i would be watching my team into june bc of it.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

West for Rondo in late in fourth.  Davis and KG on floor late in fourth.  Paul and Ray in game late in fourth.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

Dudder is a complete and utter MORON. I can personally gaurantee you that is Rondo had gone 5-19, Dudder would be laying into him and having a field day with his Rondo criticism. But nope - Garnett struggles, but it's still Rondo's fault. Seriously, it isn't worth speaking to this child. He isn't worth your time and expecting to have a rational discussion with him is stupid.

Dudder, Rondo made all of his jumpshots last night. He missed some layups, but all of his pullup jumpshots that he took, he made.

Go get a life you lowly piece of trash.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]Dudder is a complete and utter MORON. I can personally gaurantee you that is Rondo had gone 5-19, Dudder would be laying into him and having a field day with his Rondo criticism. But nope - Garnett struggles, but it's still Rondo's fault. Seriously, it isn't worth speaking to this child. He isn't worth your time and expecting to have a rational discussion with him is stupid. Dudder, Rondo made all of his jumpshots last night. He missed some layups, but all of his pullup jumpshots that he took, he made. Go get a life you lowly piece of trash.
    Posted by vertigho[/QUOTE]

Instead of calling him names, put Dudder on IGNORE. You'll sleep better.

BTW, Rondo made 4 of 5 pull up jumpers last night, all uncontested, all in the 2nd and 3rd quarters.

Pud

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from lhtak. Show lhtak's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why is Rondo blamed when Garnett goes 5-19 or like tonight when him and kristic only starters near 50 percent? : If Rondo's "biggest strength is driving to the hoop and getting to the free throw line" then they are in big big trouble, he does whatever he can to avoid doing both of those things for the most part.  He is a terrible finisher and the worst free throw shooter.  Though you seeing this as his biggest strength is pretty indicative of what I read hear quite often - he is hesitant to shoot though often nobody is within 15 feet of him, he is the worst foul shooter in the league, he can't finish and somehow you see this as his biggest strength...... His biggest strength is getting the ball out of his hands as soon as they cross half court so that the guys that actually can shoot, finish, and get to the line have the ball instead of him. His "geratest strength" costs them about 4 points per game - good point guards get to the line 5 or 6 times per game and make between 80 and 90% so that is 4 or 5 ppg from getting the line.  Rondo goes games, weeks without going to the line once and on those rare nights he gets to the line it is a great opportunity for someone to pad their rebound stats.
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]

Good points, I am not going to argue with you about how good Rondo freethrow shooting is. I see two Rondo's in his plays; 1st Rondo) as soon as he gets to 3-point line he passes ball to someone else, does not move much and try to knock down 15 footers; I have no doubt that eventually he will become a good jump shooter but if he prefers to play this way I would rather have Mo-W type player than Rondo because I do not think that will fit to this team. 2nd Rondo) stays aggressive, utilizes his speed and goes to the hoop, draws bigs attention and gets them into foul trouble. I have seen them winning more often when he CHOSES to be later Rondo. You are right, he is not a big free throw shooter, so it would not work late in the game. But if he does that to start the game this will make everyone else free up more and defense gets easier. Notice also that when he CHOSE to stay aggressive he is also aggressive on defensive end; keeps his men infront of him. It was pathetic to see Mo passing by him recently and putting up 28 points. All celtic fans want them to win as many banners as they can and I am no different. It does not matter how they do it as long as they bring it home. In my opinion they have better chance at 18 and more IF RONDO STAYS AGGRESSIVE AND GOES TO THE HOOP...I do not see it happening otherwise, not with this team anyways. Go Celtics, Cheers.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why is Rondo blamed when Garnett goes 5-19 or like tonight when him and kristic only starters near 50 percent? : How in the world does Rondo get so wide open for those killer elbow jumpers? DRose can't get that wide open for the life of him. Anybody have a theory? Pud

Lol do you watch the Bulls? I saw that man just brick shots last night. People overrate that mans jump shot. He is the main part of that offense if Rose stops the Bulls as a whole stop. With the Celtics and Rondo if Rondo isn't really getting it done one night they can let it go to Ray, Pierce, or KG. We have that luxury

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

@PuddinPuddin and @Dudder

man, its crazy. first its "rondo cant make a thing, he has no jumpshot." then when he proves he can make them, its bc "they were ALL uncontested shots, noone else was on the court with him" and when he makes shots with a guy at his hip its "well, he cant do it consistently." the excuses never stop. At least Puddin doesnt try to put false facts on here hoping that we dont know our stuff. Rondo is the worst free throw shooter in the league? really? thats wrong statistically and literally. 
    and also, if Rondo cant drive to the basket, how does he score over 20 a night in the playoffs? seeing as in how "he has no jumpshot, and cant make free throws" where are those points coming from? hmm..

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why is Rondo blamed when Garnett goes 5-19 or like tonight when him and kristic only starters near 50 percent? : Lol do you watch the Bulls? I saw that man just brick shots last night. People overrate that mans jump shot. He is the main part of that offense if Rose stops the Bulls as a whole stop. With the Celtics and Rondo if Rondo isn't really getting it done one night they can let it go to Ray, Pierce, or KG. We have that luxury
    Posted by Pancakespwn[/QUOTE]

People overrate Rondo's jumper for sure. Its JV stuff.

I'll take DRose by a wide margin. He is fearless... and actually draws plenty of defenders unlike Rondo who gets wide open looks all night.

Defenders don't lie. They know who's a threat to make a shot.

Pud

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]. Defenders don't lie. They know who's a threat to make a shot. Pud

in that case, Ray Allen has no shot. analyst and commentators have said for years, "how is it that this guy is always given wide open shots throughout a game?"

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

the fact that no defender in the league can play up on rondo w/o him blowing past him faster than a mustang has no merit right?

Sections
Shortcuts