Why isnt anyone blaming Marquis Daniels???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Why isnt anyone blaming Marquis Daniels???

I'm just saying.....

I have heard everything in here to blame Danny, he screwed us.   Fire Doc!

Its Rondo's fault,,,he is hurting the team! He cant shoot, etc...then he goes out and has a great scoring night and we lose... 

People are blaming poor Perk , even though the guy only played in 12 games and was not part of the team that sprinted out the gates...

So, how come nobody has blamed the guy that dam near broke his neck on another fluke play where his head came in contact with someones arm?! Now, I am joking that is his fault he got hurt...and I wish him well, but lest we forget how well Marquis was playing off the bench on offense and defense and providing a post presence as well.  He allowed Paul to rest...and after he got hurt , Paul was struggling and after we got Green , Paul was dunking on people all of a sudden.

If Marquis does not go down...Danny is not forced to make any moves...He can wait out on Perk...put Nate on IR, and still buyout Arroyo and get minutes from Wafe for Ray,,,and the fact Delonte was set back may have had something to do with as well,....but please realize this was neccesary and its because we lost our best backup wingman who was playing very well...we have lost a little defense with Green but he is a better offensive player..

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

Re: Why isnt anyone blaming Marquis Daniels???

Its not Daniel's fault. Everyone knew he was injury prone, but Danny signed him anyway!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

LOL -- lovin' it.

So many what if's, so little time.

So many to blame, so little time.

Onward and upward Celtic soldiers.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jhol. Show jhol's posts

Interesting post. Indeed, this is one subtraction that has never been addressed on this forum that (I can remember), and the domino affect starting with Paul Pierce, and filtering down through the rest of the team is quite obvious when you think about it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

I guess it hard to see whats right under ur nose....I only brought it up, because people keep acting like Danny wanted to blow up the team and change things....we were playing well, but he knew without a backup for P, we would be in trouble....he could only trade Perk or Baby....and atleast Baby may be signable next year and Perk had laughed at the offer, so that combined with his recent new knee injury he became a peice to use in order to get a necessary peice....So unless you would rather have Perk than Pierce....you should just let things play out...if he had stayed pat, we would be in worse shape..because Erden was not gonna make an impact in the playoffs...simply because Doc would not have played him.....we all agreed Kristic was an upgrade and after 3 weeks he has Doc pulling his hair out...and he is a Vet!   So let Semih and his homesick a ss go back to Turkey and stop crying about him and Luke who also wasnt gonna play this year....Is it about winning it all this season?  so who cares about these future young peices...its gonna be a long 10 years after the big 3 are gone...and Luke or Semih wasnt gonna help us win any titles alone...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

You bring up great points, Jay.  I've always said there's no one person to blame for this mess because of the plethora of injuries we've dealt with ALL season.  But THIS particular one did feel like the one that changed everything.  When Quis got hurt - especially with the way he got hurt - the injury problem seemed to go from a temporary set of setbacks to a full-out crisis.  Pierce had no other true back-up, not even within the starting line-up.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

I remember them trying to use Wafer to backup Pierce and Lebron went to work on him every time down the floor.  We need to Cap'n Fresh...not like he was in game 7 of the Finals...on his last leg.  People keep crying about Perk...but I ask, if you did have Perk,,how would you stop Wafer from being abused by SF's like L.J., Carmello, Deng...etc.,..you wouldnt.  So while we do have 2 bigs guys in waiting...we dont have a capable backup 3 waiting to come back from injury....Yes, it was a risk, but a necessary one, IMO..

I may sctratch my head at times with Dannys move,...but I know he knows more than me, esp.,in regards to the C's...so I will trust that he felt Shaq would be there...and if along the way , Shaq had a setback...thats unpredictable, and Danny just crapped out....it happens...  People act like there were a bunch of all-star centers lining up to play for us last july...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jonestown337. Show Jonestown337's posts

If ANYONE should be blamed, it should be Danny Ainge.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

thanks for the insight jonestown..(input sarcasm here)

Why did you post an old thread about the Patriots choking?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

Yup, I remember that Wafer-James match-up all too well.  Along with when he had to guard Kobe because Ray got into early foul trouble.  Wafer, bless his heart, has helped us in many ways and I hope we get him back.  But he's a guard and a role player.  He does his best but he was never going to be the answer to back up Paul.

I agree with you.  I still think Shaq will be back but I doubt anyone could have known it would have taken that long.  With all the injuries we had, we had no good options. We didn't just have the inevitable wear and tear on one or two players.  We had several players at a time out with long-term injuries.    I wish Perk wasn't part of any trade, but I also understand that you have to trade quality to get quality.  We would have had serious issues no matter what.  All we can do is play the hand we were dealt with everything we've got.   Hindsight is always 20/20.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Number6Fan. Show Number6Fan's posts

I've posted at least fiour times that the Daniels injury forced Danny's hand.  People around here just want to grouse and blame people because it makes them feel better.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

Yup, completely agreed.  He had no good options at that point.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoylestonBB. Show BoylestonBB's posts

In Response to Re: Why isnt anyone blaming Marquis Daniels???:
    [QUOTE]I've posted at least fiour times that the Daniels injury forced Danny's hand.  Posted by Number6Fan[/QUOTE]

That is my view as well.  We needed support for PP and that support came at a cost

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: Why isnt anyone blaming Marquis Daniels???:
    [QUOTE]Its not Daniel's fault. Everyone knew he was injury prone, but Danny signed him anyway!
    Posted by CelticFanLA[/QUOTE]

I also posted this many times, but if Tony Allen was still with the Celtics, Perk wouldn't have been traded.  He was a great help to the Celtics last season and Danny should have done whatever was necessary to resign him.  It is possible that Marquis wouldn't even have been on the team this year.  Tony is having a good season and would be a good backup to Paul Pierce. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Susan, i think Tony played well in the playoffs defensively, but hurt us at times with his lack of a jumpshot...

I also think if we sign him, we may not have enough to make the JON deal, plus Shaq, and all the other players... 

YOu cant predict injuires and the fact is Daniels was cheaper, and played better this year then Tony would have, IMO   and who is to say T.A. does not get hurt...??  I mean the bug has hit the whole team.  Danny deserves better then for everyone to second guess him.  Injuries have dictated everything this year, but if this were a video game and you could take off inuries...then Danny would be a genius...Green and Kristic never come and we have a front court of Shaq, Perk, JON, Semih, KG, P.P. and Daniels, and Delonte is giving Rondo a rest all season...etc, etc the C's win 82 games and cruise to a Title...The End

Now what fun would that be?   I would much rather come back here in June and make these fake fans eat crow after getting #18, despite everyone counting them out...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Does it really matter now, BECAUSE:

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/212656/Jermaine_Returns_To_Celtics_Could_Play_Immediately

Here we go!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

Woo-hooo!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

but when doc doesn't play him in SA as doc indicated he wouldn't, skeptical Cs fans left that much skepticler.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

Well at least we know what Doc is saying now.  It's not like he's leading us on and setting us up to be let down.  It just sounds like JO's anxious to get back and that Doc's cautious because we need him to stay healthy - and I don't blame either one of them!  JO will come back when everyone agrees he's ready, and I have to believe now that we're almost there.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

wheres Eddie Lacerte when you need him....??

Why is Doc saying " I doubt I would play him"

hmmm,  someone sounds like they have accepted not getting the 1 seed and finally realizing thats it more important to have guys as healthy as possible, rather then bringin guys back to get chemistry.  Guys say Perk leaving hurt our chemistry, even though the guy played only 2 1/2 weeks.  How long did it take for Shaq to look like he belonged.....??

When the playoffs start, ALL hands on deck, and bullets flying.,..guys arent gonna need chemsitry...they are playing for the Celtics...its pretty easy...Just go Hard in the Paint!  Hustle, play defense....JON and Shaq arent gonna be traded here in the next few days,,,they have already played in the system and know their roles...now our bench,...thats lack of chemistry and why they should be playing while the starters rest.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinnesotaCelticsFan. Show MinnesotaCelticsFan's posts

Danny gambled.

He may still be the hero, or the goat.

Sections
Shortcuts