Why isn't Jeff Green working out with Olajuwan????!!!!!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Why isn't Jeff Green working out with Olajuwan????!!!!!!!

Lebron and Dwight, max players, are learning from him! I hope he is and we just haven't heard. 

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjetssuc. Show nyjetssuc's posts

Re: Why isn't Jeff Green working out with Olajuwan????!!!!!!!

Jeff Green BITES!!!!!!

He needs to learn how to play more than 1 game in a row where he actually LOOKS like he WANTS to play...he's a true waste of a roster spot...if he cannot play all the games he's in at full speed and with full out hustle they should get rid of him ASAP...the guy shows me nothing and he's certainly not worth the cheese he's getting paid...

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjetssuc. Show nyjetssuc's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to nyjetssuc's comment:

Jeff Green BITES!!!!!!

He needs to learn how to play more than 1 game in a row where he actually LOOKS like he WANTS to play...he's a true waste of a roster spot...if he cannot play all the games he's in at full speed and with full out hustle they should get rid of him ASAP...the guy shows me nothing and he's certainly not worth the cheese he's getting paid...

Jeff Green has a cap friendly contract.

Gerald Wallace gets paid 10.1m per year and he only averaged 7.7 ppg last season.

Green gets 9m per year and he's not worth what he's getting paid?

In case you didn't know, Green led the Celtics in scoring in the playoffs averaging 20.3 ppg.

That's the first time, in the Paul Pierce era, someone other than Pierce led the team in scoring in the playoffs.

And they were one and DONE ...stats are for losers, it's only a CHAMPIONSHIP that counts in Boston and for the Celtics...

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

And they were one and DONE ...stats are for losers, it's only a CHAMPIONSHIP that counts in Boston and for the Celtics...

Maybe you're forgetting that Rondo didn't play in that "one and done" series.

+1

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from celtaddict. Show celtaddict's posts

Hey ntjetsuc let me cut your chest open perform heart surgery and lets see how you perform. I was 48 years old and had heart surgery and it took over 2 years to beat the fatigue. Just imagine playing nba basketball 9 months after heart surgery.  Jeff Green is a stud and tougher than you will ever hopefully know.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

In response to celtaddict's comment:

Hey ntjetsuc let me cut your chest open perform heart surgery and lets see how you perform. I was 48 years old and had heart surgery and it took over 2 years to beat the fatigue. Just imagine playing nba basketball 9 months after heart surgery.  Jeff Green is a stud and tougher than you will ever hopefully know.

Well said

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

are you mixing up wilcox and green?  wilcox had heart surgery and stank, green did okay once TEMPO MUTILATOR / MASTER POUNDER OF EVERY DOT OFF THE BALL rondo was out of the lineup.  hey, don't look now but pretty much everyone on the team did better down the home stretch.  it's not green's fault that pierce and KG were too old and tired to help the team beyond 1 and done.

even if we beat the knicks, we weren't going anywhere with KG and Pierce as the feature pieces......

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjetssuc. Show nyjetssuc's posts

Jeff Green sucked before we got him, before he got his chest cracked and after...he bites the bone, Rondo or no Rondo...as long as he's on that team they will win NOTHING because he doesn't play full tilt every game...what's he saving it for? He's a waste of a big contract....

JEFF GREEN !!!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjetssuc. Show nyjetssuc's posts

In response to aciemvp's comment:

[/QUOTE]

are you mixing up wilcox and green?  wilcox had heart surgery and stank, green did okay once TEMPO MUTILATOR / MASTER POUNDER OF EVERY DOT OFF THE BALL rondo was out of the lineup.  hey, don't look now but pretty much everyone on the team did better down the home stretch.  it's not green's fault that pierce and KG were too old and tired to help the team beyond 1 and done.

even if we beat the knicks, we weren't going anywhere with KG and Pierce as the feature pieces......

[/QUOTE]

I agree with us having absolutely positively no cance of doing anything in the playoffs last year...we were too old and useless, should have blown them up two years ago...

We're paying Green to be a "star"...he's no star, far from it...he's no more than another part...period...stars play hard every game, ALWAYS...he disappears two out of three games...he's no star...even team obliterator Rondo is more of a star than Weak Azz Green

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

In response to DaCeltics' comment:

Lebron and Dwight, max players, are learning from him! I hope he is and we just haven't heard. 

I have not seen much of Unlce Jeff in the low post or mid range game..he needs drastic improvement in that area in order to become more consistant...most of the season he takes it straight to the hole or settles for long range jumpers..when his shots were not falling, thats where his inconsitancy came from. (no midrange or low post game).

Rondo improved his back to the basket moves the last few years so there is hope for Uncle Jeff..

Seriously!

Jeff Green doesn't have to do everything that Lebron and Dwight does.

The reason why Lebron and Dwight went to Olajuwon is due to the fact that Lebron and Dwight didn't have low post moves.

Uncle Jeff already knows how to play in the low post.

What Jeff Green needs to learn is how to be more consistent.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

why do some people see Green as a low post player?

he'd probably do better to work with a guy like Bird  than Akeem.

not that Green will likely ever be as good as either one.

but to me, his game is more slasher and 3 point shot than low -post.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinus007. Show sinus007's posts

Hi,

Here we have a classical example of a troll or logic and attention span of a 5-year old (I think it's the former). In one post that poster shows a pictures of JG hinting that 13 points and 2 rebounds is not enough to get anywhere. Then, after another poster pointed out that JG averaged 20.3 PPG, claims that "...stats are for losers..." Interesting, isn't it?

As for JG, the second part of the last season and playoffs showed that he's worth the money he's paid. IMO.

Also, agree with celtaddict.

AK

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjetssuc. Show nyjetssuc's posts

In response to sinus007's comment:

Hi,

Here we have a classical example of a troll or logic and attention span of a 5-year old (I think it's the former). In one post that poster shows a pictures of JG hinting that 13 points and 2 rebounds is not enough to get anywhere. Then, after another poster pointed out that JG averaged 20.3 PPG, claims that "...stats are for losers..." Interesting, isn't it?

As for JG, the second part of the last season and playoffs showed that he's worth the money he's paid. IMO.

Also, agree with celtaddict.

AK

Anyone's a troll that does not drink the green kool-aid?..LMFAO...what are you, another one of these 17 year olds who thinks they know basketball?...LMFAO...as for the thoracic surgeon , I'm sorry you got your chest cracked, I'm sure it wasn't fun, but if Green can't hack it, he shouldn't be playing...with all the Celt's have gone through with guys having heart problems and one dying on them I'm sure he has been told to go all out by this point or go home...explain why he never does? Explain why he plays about as well as he did before he was traded here?...let's wait and see how great he is this season....As for his performance in last years ABBREVIATED playoff run, well, he won't get a chance to do that again for several years, at least...LMFAO!!!!

Oh yeah,

+ 1,000

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinus007. Show sinus007's posts

Hi,

Well, as I suspected a troll is a troll is a troll.

Instead of providing some valid arguments against my accusation, he accused me of drinking the green kool-aid, of being 17 years old (I'd love to be 17 again) who doesn't know basketball. Very convincing.

AK

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Measuring Jeff Green based on whether he works out with Olajuwan is absurd. 

As for this: "Just imagine playing nba basketball 9 months after heart surgery.  Jeff Green is a stud and tougher than you will ever hopefully know."

Well, it's always a bit weird to me when a guy calls another guy a stud - unless you or your girflriends know something we don't - but you're right, he's tough and he's recovered incredibly well from the surgery. He deserves our respect for that. 

But that doesn't mean we can't question his contract. It was widely perceived when Green was re-signed by the Celts that he was overpaid. Right now few teams are trying to get him because he really hasn't proven himself relative to what he gets paid. 

Sure, on his best nights - on his best nights he's underpaid. But he has had problem recovering on nights when he has poor starts. That inconsistency raises questions as to whether he is really a good value at his price. I feel he was signed at that level because Ainge is desperate to show that the Perk trade had some value. Even more so now that the pick we got (Melo) is a goner. 

As for the Gerald Wallace comparison, sure - Green is on a better contract than Wallace. But that's because Wallace is on one of the very worst contracts in the entire league which is why Jersey stuck him to us. Just because the Wallace contract is horrible doesn't mean that Jeff Green's contract isn't overpaid. 

On the bright said if Jeff reaches his potential it will be more than a fair contract. But given he has never lived up to where he was picked in the draft it's reasonable to ask whether he ever will. 

That said you can win a championship with some overpaid guys on your team - just ask Miami....

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

The only issue with JG is consistency and Im not so sure it was something totally within his control...

With Rondo on the court, Greens stats curiously suffered...

Implementing the mindless game strategies of Doc also contributed where his minutes were even limited occassionally

and of course, the guy came off heart surgery with a huge gash down his chest as a remembrance...Lets give him credit for even put himself out there and not curling up in the fetal position

One thing we know for sure.. JG can be an unstoppable offensive force and has had shining moments on the defensive end as well, not high steal games.. but playing man up D effectively on players like Lebron.

Hopefully Stevens can adjust Rondos game and not cow tow to his ball hogging nonsense as Doc did.. Green will give us a lot of exciting moments if so

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

The only issue with JG is consistency and Im not so sure it was something totally within his control...

Implementing the mindless game strategies of Doc also contributed where his minutes were even limited occassionally

and of course, the guy came off heart surgery with a huge gash down his chest as a remembrance...Lets give him credit for even put himself out there and not curling up in the fetal position

One thing we know for sure.. JG can be an unstoppable offensive force and has had shining moments on the defensive end as well, not high steal games.. but playing man up D effectively on players like Lebron.

Hopefully Stevens can adjust Rondos game and not cow tow to his ball hogging nonsense as Doc did.. Green will give us a lot of exciting moments if he does

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Hopefully Stevens can adjust Rondos game and not cow tow to his ball hogging nonsense as Doc did.. Green will give us a lot of exciting moments if he does

What is a cow tow? is that when your cow is broken down and you need to call AAA? Or did you possibly mean kowtow?

Stay in school kids.  

Sections
Shortcuts