Why KG did not end up with Lakers

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Why KG did not end up with Lakers

I was just listening to the Dan Patrick Show.....he had KG on and the subject of joining the Lakers came up...

when asked if he had been close to approving a trade he said......very close

when asked if the final decision was his he said that it definitly was...

when asked why he replied....."there was just too much friction going on between Kobe and Phil"

when asked if that was the main reason he wouldn't approve the deal he said...."there were too many things going on over there...I didn't want any part of it to be honest....

interesting.....good thing for Celtic fans that Kobe was being Kobe at the time.....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from koberulz. Show koberulz's posts

Re: Why KG did not end up with Lakers

In Response to Why KG did not end up with Lakers:
    [QUOTE]I was just listening to the Dan Patrick Show.....he had KG on and the subject of joining the Lakers came up... when asked if he had been close to approving a trade he said......very close when asked if the final decision was his he said that it definitly was... when asked why he replied....."there was just too much friction going on between Kobe and Phil" when asked if that was the main reason he wouldn't approve the deal he said...."there were too many things going on over there...I didn't want any part of it to be honest.... interesting.....good thing for Celtic fans that Kobe was being Kobe at the time.....
    Posted by Duke4[/QUOTE]

It was actually very good for the Lakers because just a few months later, they obtained the better power forward in Pau Gasol, and have won 2 more championships because of it. Game 7 of  the 2010 Finals: Gasol 18 rebounds; KG 3 rebounds. If I didnt know any better after looking at that stat, I would have thought Wilt was just abusing Russell again like that game when he grabbed 55 rebounds against Russell. How embarsssing is that?    Cool

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA so glad thumper didn't become a Laker. All that chest thumping and 'arrrrggghhh' trash is purely for the cameras.
     Like wheelchair he was good for one title, albeit that Ariza and Bynum didn't play, but we got the Spaniard who is easily better!

Good riddance thumper!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

let's not forget that KG was never the same after his injury....healthy I think they win 2-3 championships......before he was hurt KG toyed with Pau....he also intimidated the hell out of him!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from koberulz. Show koberulz's posts

Duke = TRUE Celtic fan - If you can't beat them, make EXCUSES.  Cool

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Koberulz,
    You can't be serious with any of your silly remarks.  You are only here to provoke.  Even Gasol knows Garnett is a better player.  Garnett got injured and could not play at close to his ability Gasol got his feelings hurt by a woman and was a no show this last playoff season.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheNewGKDynasty. Show TheNewGKDynasty's posts

Garnett was a better player. Was.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoctorCO. Show DoctorCO's posts

lakernation32,

1. the lakers have lunaticron a thug because suspension from the league is cool., No means no, MR. I can park in handycap spots because im too fat to walk bynum.....

2. And you make fun of the celtics loook in your mirror son

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 21st. Show 21st's posts

Didn't work out for ya?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 21st. Show 21st's posts

KG was afraid that Kome might do this to him.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 21st. Show 21st's posts

Just look at that picture, even Luke Walton couldn't believe it. lol

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from koberulz. Show koberulz's posts

Let's not forget the REAL reason why KG became a Celtic. He was gifted to them by McHale. Luckily for the Lakers, they obtained a better PF in Pau Gasol and won back to back titles. Cool

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 21st. Show 21st's posts

Let's not forget that this is part of what the Lakers gifted Memphis for Pau.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 21st. Show 21st's posts

According to police, Javaris Crittenton killed Jullian Jones. Authorities say she wasn’t the intended target but was shot when the ex-NBA player was attempting to get revenge for a theft that had occurred a few months back.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from datruthpp34. Show datruthpp34's posts

In Response to Re: Why KG did not end up with Lakers:
    [QUOTE]KG was afraid that Kome might do this to him.
    Posted by 21st[/QUOTE]

bwahahahahahahahahaha!!!
    can anyone look when kobe slapped the machine a s s too!
    that one is really funny!!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from datruthpp34. Show datruthpp34's posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkwCVcDc_mM

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from datruthpp34. Show datruthpp34's posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ze-alOMsQKE&feature=related

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from datruthpp34. Show datruthpp34's posts

I found it!!!!it wasnt the machine thou.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]KG was afraid that Kome might do this to him.
    Posted by 21st[/QUOTE]boy i wonder what goes on with the faker when the SOAP gets dropped!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajicMVP. Show MajicMVP's posts

[QUOTE]let's not forget that KG was never the same after his injury....healthy I think they win 2-3 championships......before he was hurt KG toyed with Pau....he also intimidated the hell out of him!!!
    Posted by Duke4[/QUOTE]

Injury is part of the game. Getting a KG for one productive season, what good is it for the Lakers?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

Who is to say he gets injured in 08/09 if he's playing in LA?

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

Garnett will go down in history as one of the three best power forwards of all time

Pau Gasol will be remembered for having two good seasons

Don't act like the Lakers wouldn't be even better with Garnett.  Gasol died 8 months ago

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

I think that KG did not end up a Laker because he is straight...