why not play randolph

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from fedup13. Show fedup13's posts

why not play randolph

the heat had to many easy lay ups wilcox lost at least you would of had abig man in there give him achance he had very good game last week he looks like a banger  if we made freettrows we would hae won 9 misses 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Re: why not play randolph

In response to fedup13's comment:

the heat had to many easy lay ups wilcox lost at least you would of had abig man in there give him achance he had very good game last week he looks like a banger  if we made freettrows we would hae won 9 misses 

DOC is stubborn when it comes to the bench ...... Heck, in an uptempo game like that, you need to keep the legs fresh !!!   Those 2 big guys would have helped in the middle & boards !!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Randolph should have played in the third or fourth periods and seen how he did. Doc does not do that however.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

I have to agree w this one..randolph showed something that we havent seen for a long time, passion under the basket. He could be that enforcer. Miami really had easy shots down the basket..

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

I agree with you all about playing Randolph !!!

Game lost was a combo of some bad luck too. Celtics of Bird, McHale & Parish era when up by 17 would have scored another 17 in the 2nd half. Our lead should have been sufficient inspite of 20 turnovers and missing 9 foul shots. Losing reb battle of 39 to 33 meant 6 more 2nd chances. Why Randolph didn't play when he got 8 rebs the other night is an enigma especially since Wilcox had Heat players driving by him. I know LeBron is tough to stop but put a 7 footer in front of  him to maybe draw a charge or arms up to disrupt his shots.

The key was we were up by 10 at the 7 min mark, 96-86 !!! I think they got a 3 and it was up by 7 and we had the ball and I forgot whom, Lee or Crawford, going up court dribbling the ball went off a foot and it was converted into a dunk so lead now 5. Here's where they were a bit lucky, Lebron was 1 for 4 in 3s, but hit his 1 when we were ahead  by 1-2 pts, I forgot score exactly, and they went ahead. I reiterate, the momentum changes when up by 7 with about 5 min left and ball goes off the leg of one of our dribblers & converts into an easy dunk.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

No- beg to differ.  Guys are on 10 day contracts for a reason.  I believe Doc knows a little more about Randolph's abilities than we do.  A 29 year old guy who can't stick with any team?  Bosh would eat him alive.

Sorry to be the naysayer, but I think we have to defer to Doc on these.  You can't just "stick" a guy out there for a couple of mins and HOPE he plays well.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:

No- beg to differ.  Guys are on 10 day contracts for a reason.  I believe Doc knows a little more about Randolph's abilities than we do.  A 29 year old guy who can't stick with any team?  Bosh would eat him alive.

Sorry to be the naysayer, but I think we have to defer to Doc on these.  You can't just "stick" a guy out there for a couple of mins and HOPE he plays well.

There again, 8 men deep is why we lost over the last 4 minutes........  When out of gas, your out of GAS  !!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

PJ Brown played about 12 minutes a game during the 2007-2008 Playoffs......

Without those 12 minutes I doubt the Celtics would have Banner 17 hanging in the rafters

The Celtics need those same 12 big man minutes from one of the three:

1. Randolph

2. DJ White

3. Fab Melo

Wilcox can be very effective for 20 minutes a game, but not for 30 or more

Unless another big man is bought out (when is the deadline for this ?) , the Celtics simply have to get at least 10 minutes from one of the three big men on the Celtics roster, either that or they need to call JuJuan Johnson or Sean Williams or even Nened Kristic , isn't his season over and wasn't he MVP in the  Euro playoffs ?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Randolph, White and Melo are NOT PJ Brown!

Krstic just re-upped with his Russian team

Johnson?  Williams??  NO and NO!

The Miami Heat lead the league in FT attempts per game.  To put someone in the game to "use their fouls" is not good strategy against this team.

This was not a game to experiment with guys on 10 day contracts, or rookies who have shown to be as slow as snail poop!

Face facts - Doc knows more about the situation than we do, and he did the best he could under the circumstances.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

DOC is stubborn when it comes to the bench ...... Heck, in an uptempo game like that, you need to keep the legs fresh !!!   Those 2 big guys would have helped in the middle & boards !!

DOC is stubborn (stupid) when it comes to the bench ...... Heck, in an uptempo game like that, you need to keep the legs fresh !!!   Those 2 big guys would have helped in the middle & boards !!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Wilcox had maybe his worse game of the season, regardless of his meaningless +/-

Randolph couldnt do much worse but Doc gos into deer-in-the-headlights mode under the pressure of the game.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

In response to Bill-806's comment:

DOC is stubborn (stupid) when it comes to the bench ...... Heck, in an uptempo game like that, you need to keep the legs fresh !!!   Those 2 big guys would have helped in the middle & boards !!

NO they wouldn't! it took Lee and green and terry half a season to learn our defensive rotations. You think two guys on a ten day contract are ready? It's crazy. Trust me if they had played you would be here screming about the 10-0 run the Heat went on when doc did this. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Surely you're not suggesting that Doc knows more about his team's personnel than we do?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to LloydDobler's comment:

Surely you're not suggesting that Doc knows more about his team's personnel than we do?

You bet I'm suggesting - and don't call me Shirley!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Hey, quit changing movies!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

I consider all of them one giant comedy.  Produced and directed by Mel Brooks, of course

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

I consider all of them one giant comedy.  Produced and directed by Mel Brooks, of course

nevermind that sh%@ HERE COMES MONGO!!!!!!!!

Sorry felt left out. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to PHX85014's comment:

PJ Brown played about 12 minutes a game during the 2007-2008 Playoffs......

Without those 12 minutes I doubt the Celtics would have Banner 17 hanging in the rafters

The Celtics need those same 12 big man minutes from one of the three:

1. Randolph

2. DJ White

3. Fab Melo

Wilcox can be very effective for 20 minutes a game, but not for 30 or more

Unless another big man is bought out (when is the deadline for this ?) , the Celtics simply have to get at least 10 minutes from one of the three big men on the Celtics roster, either that or they need to call JuJuan Johnson or Sean Williams or even Nened Kristic , isn't his season over and wasn't he MVP in the  Euro playoffs ?

If PJ Brown was on the team he would be playing.  he isn't.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to jtkl's comment:

Sorry felt left out. 

Join the party, man.....plenty of lines left to be used -

behind the bar stood Anal Johnson, he always kept things nice and clean!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In response to jtkl's comment:

Sorry felt left out. 

Join the party, man.....plenty of lines left to be used -

behind the bar stood Anal Johnson, he always kept things nice and clean!

there's no escaping this concluson, our town is turning into s h... be seated. 

Sections
Shortcuts