WHY NOT RYAN GOMES?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

WHY NOT RYAN GOMES?

he knows the system, i am sure he is tired of being a starter on the worse teams in nba history. i can't see him in LA beyond this year.... to me nate is not needed. would rather play west and wafer off the bench at the 1 and 2.. if quis is gone, bring me gomes.. he can shoot, defend and use his brain (hi basketball IQ)...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Re: WHY NOT RYAN GOMES?

I agree this Gomes would be a great fit.  Would the Clippers do it?  I am surprised to hear so little talk of it. I mean isn't he better than Rasual Butler.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Gomes is more of a PF than a SF. The Celtics need a SF that's closer to a SG but has the size to guard SFs.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Gomes hits in the high thirty per cents on the three.  He is only 6-7 hardly your prototype PF.  He would be a good addition but certainly not like Battier or someone like that.

I keep getting tired of Rasual Butler being mentioned all the time.  Where did this guy get such a rep on this board with so little accomplished. People talk about him like he is Tony Allen on defense along with being a force on offense.  It sure isn't reflected in his performance on the Clips.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: WHY NOT RYAN GOMES?:
     Gomes hits in the high thirty per cents on the three.  He is only 6-7 hardly your prototype PF.  He would be a good addition but certainly not like Battier or someone like that. I keep getting tired of Rasual Butler being mentioned all the time.  Where did this guy get such a rep on this board with so little accomplished. People talk about him like he is Tony Allen on defense along with being a force on offense.  It sure isn't reflected in his performance on the Clips.
    Posted by concord27

I doubt the Celtics are interested in Gomes and his 4m per year until 2013. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Butler has shown he can nail the game winners....a valuable commodity...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Re: WHY NOT RYAN GOMES? : I doubt the Celtics are interested in Gomes and his 4m per year until 2013. 
    Posted by P34
    well there's a reason he was given that much money.. he can PLAY! wouldnt it be good for us to stop the annual uncertainty about our 3-backup.. posey, allen, quis.. i would do it in a heartbeat. we offered grant hill around 3.5mil... 

gomes is far younger and is NOT injury-prone! he played the 3 when he was in boston and can defend against most 3s, y cant he do it again? all he has to do is shoot. ihe certainly isnt slower or less athletic than posey was. he can play and defend the 3 and play some occasional 4. danny should package nate and luke or nate and a second rounder to the clips for him... period! wafer is a solid 2 and can backup ray. wafer can play an occasional 3 also.. they compliment each other very well... heck with gomes around, it may make baby expendable for next year and save us a lot of money. having luke and gomes to play some 4 is not such a bad idea.. thats the versatility we have lost since posey was here. danny, get it done!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: WHY NOT RYAN GOMES? : well there's a reason he was given that much money.. he can PLAY! wouldnt it be good for us to stop the annual uncertainty about our 3-backup.. posey, allen, quis.. i would do it in a heartbeat. we offered grant hill around 3.5mil...  gomes is far younger and is NOT injury-prone! he played the 3 when he was in boston and can defend against most 3s, y cant he do it again? all he has to do is shoot. ihe certainly isnt slower or less athletic than posey was. he can play and defend the 3 and play some occasional 4. danny should package nate and luke or nate and a second rounder to the clips for him... period! wafer is a solid 2 and can backup ray. wafer can play an occasional 3 also.. they compliment each other very well... heck with gomes around, it may make baby expendable for next year and save us a lot of money. having luke and gomes to play some 4 is not such a bad idea.. thats the versatility we have lost since posey was here. danny, get it done!
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN

The Cs have nothing of value to offer the Clips.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

P34,
    What should we do then?  Is Nate or Semih not valuable to teams we would like to deal with?

You mentioned a trade awhile back that would have us getting Brooks and Battier.  Is that not realistic?  If I got it wrong which I could have, I understand it is a pipedream.  I think it would also have to involve JON.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

P34, What should we do then?  Is Nate or Semih not valuable to teams we would like to deal with? You mentioned a trade awhile back that would have us getting Brooks and Battier.  Is that not realistic?  If I got it wrong which I could have, I understand it is a pipedream.  I think it would also have to involve JON.
    Posted by concord27

The Clippers and Ryan Gomes are doing well together. Why would the Clips want Nate when they already have Eric Bledsoe?

It's also not a good idea to trade Erden for a backup SF. A young Center with a lot of potential is way more valuable than an above average SF like Gomes.

What should we do? Simple, let Danny Ainge do his job.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lakerman17. Show Lakerman17's posts

The Cs have nothing of value to offer the Clips.

That means nothing to the Clips, they somehow manage to set ablaze anything they do. I wouldn't put it past them to trade Blake for all the cheese burgers you can eat at McDonalds. Tongue out

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

P34,
    As much as I like Semih I think his upside is limited.  He often makes great plays and then make several more bad plays to negate them.  He is not that young and seems to be very susceptible to injury.  Being a Euro I also believe he may be less able to play the NBA style of game on a consistent basis.

If he has value now I think we should trade him to fill needs this year.  Note, I said if he has some real value.  I would not trade him for something marginal in return.  I believe he can help us this year but I am confident in three to four years he will not be a player we greatly miss.  His game is just to uneven. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

P34, As much as I like Semih I think his upside is limited.  He often makes great plays and then make several more bad plays to negate them.  He is not that young and seems to be very susceptible to injury.  Being a Euro I also believe he may be less able to play the NBA style of game on a consistent basis. If he has value now I think we should trade him to fill needs this year.  Note, I said if he has some real value.  I would not trade him for something marginal in return.  I believe he can help us this year but I am confident in three to four years he will not be a player we greatly miss.  His game is just to uneven. 
    Posted by concord27

Even if you're right it's harder to find a backup Center like Semih than a backup SF like Gomes. There are a lot more 6-7 players than 6-11 players out there.

We will know in less than 3 days who Danny Ainge will get for the Celtics. Gomes is very unlikely to be that guy.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Re: WHY NOT RYAN GOMES? : The Cs have nothing of value to offer the Clips.
    Posted by P34
    so y not a 3-way? some other team may want nate.. instant offense guy off the bench with some new-found winner tinge!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: WHY NOT RYAN GOMES? : so y not a 3-way? some other team may want nate.. instant offense guy off the bench with some new-found winner tinge!
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN

That's possible. We'll find out in less than 3 days.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: WHY NOT RYAN GOMES? : That's possible. We'll find out in less than 3 days.
    Posted by P34

I believe that te Celtics really need a small forward and will be very disappointed if this doesn't happen.  Paul really needs a backup and can't continue to play too many minutes for the remainder of the season.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: WHY NOT RYAN GOMES? : I believe that te Celtics really need a small forward and will be very disappointed if this doesn't happen.  Paul really needs a backup and can't continue to play too many minutes for the remainder of the season.  
    Posted by susan250

Doc and KG already said they think Ainge is going to make a move. 

We just don't know who it is yet.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

There isn't much time left. The only position I'm concerned is the backup 3 position. With Marquis out for who knows how long, a quality backup 3 is needed. I like Von, but he's not big enough to effectively guard some or maybe even many 3's in the NBA.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

All of us outsider, wanna be GM's can guess, but only Danny knows what's really available and at what price.  I'll be glad when the mystery is over.

But, as one of the wanna be GM's, I like Gomes.  He can shoot, he's a veteran but not over the hill or old (27 yrs old), plays the 3 (SF), rebounds well for his size, and can play some D.   He's a great fit as a backup small forward.   There's little to no chance the Clippers give him up, though.   They want to make the playoffs and he's a key contributor off the bench.  They really like him as can be seen by the minutes he plays (3rd most on the team!!).

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

I like Parker or Butler for the sg/sf position and C Hayes to bu pf/c positions...This Hayes guy reminds me of Dennis Rodman.artest ..type..without the attitudes.and we know what they did for their teams.....battle tested and ready to go...Do it Danny...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

Battier, Murphy...

Gomes, bring the local kid home for the "playoffs"...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Battier and Gomes, I'd love either one.  Murphy?  Why the fascination by Celts fans of this guy.  He's truly a bum.  The guy is slow, can't rebound, can't get his shot off, and generally just useless.   Why in the world would we ever want him?

The guy averages 3.6 ppg on a team that's a loser; averages 54% from the free throw line, 34% field goal %, and 17% from 3 point land.   He averages 4 reb/gm and NO BLOCKS at 6'11" tall.  He can't sub for small forward and we already have power forwards and centers.   What in the world could you see in that bum???

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

READ MY WORDS: no way we trade for a big man for pf or center..NONE! so stop the murphy delusions! we wont do hamilton if quis and jon can ply in the playoffs for we will have to cut someone and i think we want both luke and avery around for next year.  the only person on the roster we will trade is nate!

Sections
Shortcuts