Why root for this team again??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

Why root for this team again??

Please understand that I am not being sarcastic and am being sincere.  I genuinely am wondering why people seriously root for this team?  Only 3 people on this team SHOULD have a  role in the rebuilding process.  The rest are here so we can essentially lose.  I'm not saying that the players are throwing the game, it's just that this team is simply a bunch of back of the bench players.....nothing more.  None of them will be here and few are even likeable.  Other than Sully, Oly and MAYBE Avery and Rondo....the rest will not be on this team sooner or later.  They play a poor brand of basketball, the 'kids' simply are not that good and don't even play so it's hard to even root them on.  

I know the whole 'bleed green' thing.....but seriously, if you think this is Celtics basketball....it is not.  If anything it is a HUGE insult to 'Celtics Basketball'

With that said.....I do enjoy the fact that the team is a mess and that they will get some higher draft picks in a deep draft. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

Re: Why root for this team again??

I'll call you a whambulance.

I like this team. They play hard except for Bass and Green.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Beacuase they are the Boston Celtics - My Team!

Being a fan is not as simple as showing up to support a team only when they are winning! A true fan supports his/her team through thick and thin!

Go Celtics!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Cause its fun to wallow in disappointment?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

In response to billge's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Cause its fun to wallow in disappointment?

[/QUOTE]

what kind of expectations did you have to be disappointed??

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

In response to BCSP's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Beacuase they are the Boston Celtics - My Team!

Being a fan is not as simple as showing up to support a team only when they are winning! A true fan supports his/her team through thick and thin!

Go Celtics!

[/QUOTE]

I understand what you're saying.  I have and always will be a Celtics fan.....I am not a fair weather fan.  Been with the Pats and Sox through all of the lousy years...same with the Celts. 

The issue I have is that this IS NOT the team of our future.  It's a hodge podge of players that we got through 3 trades and NONE of those players are expected to even be with that team next year or the year after.  They are here because they are forced to play here....and now Stevens is forced to play them.  It's very difficult to root for a team when you know that the entire CORE of the team is basically 1 player....and that's Sully.  Oly MAY begin to show some potential....but who knows? 

They may play hard....but they DO NOT play well.  Watching a poor brand of basketball is simply not fun....especially when you know that 85% of the team will not be here in a year.  It's a sad day for this storied franchise when most of us look at the standings and hope we surpass Orlando and Milwaukee in the standing.......the BOTTOM of the standings...... 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Had no expectations, enjoy the downward ride

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Number6Fan. Show Number6Fan's posts

Because I really enjoy watching them play, mostly.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Me too, except when they suck, which is mostly.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

In response to billge's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Me too, except when they suck, which is mostly.

[/QUOTE]

HAHA!!!!  That's a BINGO!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsFanInNH. Show CeltsFanInNH's posts

Relax and enjoy the ride this year. You knew from the start it was going to be with the trade of Pierce and KG and Rondo out. You will feel better when the draft occurs. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

In response to Kingface12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Please understand that I am not being sarcastic and am being sincere.  I genuinely am wondering why people seriously root for this team?  Only 3 people on this team SHOULD have a  role in the rebuilding process.  The rest are here so we can essentially lose.  I'm not saying that the players are throwing the game, it's just that this team is simply a bunch of back of the bench players.....nothing more.  None of them will be here and few are even likeable.  Other than Sully, Oly and MAYBE Avery and Rondo....the rest will not be on this team sooner or later.  They play a poor brand of basketball, the 'kids' simply are not that good and don't even play so it's hard to even root them on.  

I know the whole 'bleed green' thing.....but seriously, if you think this is Celtics basketball....it is not.  If anything it is a HUGE insult to 'Celtics Basketball'

With that said.....I do enjoy the fact that the team is a mess and that they will get some higher draft picks in a deep draft. 

[/QUOTE]
    It is a joy to watch this team play.You are right.They are not the most talented bunch,but they play smart.Last night they erased a 18 points deficit and fell.But they played very hard.Good coaching.They need a center and couple guys that can spread the floor and hit the 3,s.It is coming.If you are a real celtics fan,stick with the team during the rebuilding process.Better days ahead.Go celtics.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

In response to debrit's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Kingface12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    It is a joy to watch this team play.You are right.They are not the most talented bunch,but they play smart.Last night they erased a 18 points deficit and fell.But they played very hard.Good coaching.They need a center and couple guys that can spread the floor and hit the 3,s.It is coming.If you are a real celtics fan,stick with the team during the rebuilding process.Better days ahead.Go celtics.

[/QUOTE]

Good response and I agree.  Better days are ahead.  I have full faith that DA will get the job done somehow.  I also am a huge fan of Stevens and feel he is doing a very good job.  I'd like to see him give more minutes to Oly, Fav and Sully since they really are what could be the future core of this team....but overall, he is doing as good a job as can be expected.  Watching this team though is difficult for me knowing that most will not be a part of the re-building process and they are here simply for the necessity of 'fielding' a team.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

As a major team sport, basketball and hockey are the most physically demanding and basketball the most elegant.  There's no interminable wait between pitches, no offensive or defensive teams waiting (doing nothing) on the sideline, and action is only stopped by officiating and television. Watching games when there is some degree of hope that one team will win makes it more exciting as a personal stake in the outcome ups the amount of care, one way or another.  Celtics fans have known pleasure and pain from the '50s through a close loss to the Heat, most recently.  Accepting defeat is one of life's lessons, surely, but how one accepts defeat is more important and this team hasn't laid down this year, as I've seen it.  Yes, too few great players to win a championship, but the display of willingness to play within a team concept from start to finish is admirable.  I was watching the Russell era and then the "Sidney Wickes debacle" only as a lead-in to the Bird era.  The not so sudden demise of the 11 championship Celtics to a most distatseful period in their history was hard to watch, but we did. We waited (and waded) through the Walker wiggles and kept Pierce (before he was a point DA just had to make) as one of the most productive all-time Celtics, finally rewarding his efforts with a championship and nearly a second one save for 37-17 and injuries removed the possibility after that.  So now, the Celtics are starting over - SO WHAT!  This is our team, the team that has dominated the NBA since its inception, and because they have fallen on harder times people disclaim their fandom ownership? No way.  

I'm sticking with the Celtics, and you can wear a Paul George Pacers t-shirt. Indiananpolis awaits you... 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

In response to Fiercy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Very few Celtic fans on the game threads these days.

[/QUOTE]

True. Most seem to dedicate themselves to petty fights and personal attacks.....there are also some posters that suffer from the "imright-itis" syndrome.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

Rooting for and watching the Celtics is a part of life for me. I enjoy it. That is why I do it.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to Fiercy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Very few Celtic fans on the game threads these days.

[/QUOTE]

Jeeze fungus. If you are getting lonely these days, try making a few friends.

Pud

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

I watch all the games I can whether they are bad or good.  Times like this will help you to appreciate when this team is good again.  They had a nice long run with the new big three, and it's time to rebuild.  That's the nature of sports. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

In response to painter's comment:
    [QUOTE]

As a major team sport, basketball and hockey are the most physically demanding and basketball the most elegant.  There's no interminable wait between pitches, no offensive or defensive teams waiting (doing nothing) on the sideline, and action is only stopped by officiating and television. Watching games when there is some degree of hope that one team will win makes it more exciting as a personal stake in the outcome ups the amount of care, one way or another.  Celtics fans have known pleasure and pain from the '50s through a close loss to the Heat, most recently.  Accepting defeat is one of life's lessons, surely, but how one accepts defeat is more important and this team hasn't laid down this year, as I've seen it.  Yes, too few great players to win a championship, but the display of willingness to play within a team concept from start to finish is admirable.  I was watching the Russell era and then the "Sidney Wickes debacle" only as a lead-in to the Bird era.  The not so sudden demise of the 11 championship Celtics to a most distatseful period in their history was hard to watch, but we did. We waited (and waded) through the Walker wiggles and kept Pierce (before he was a point DA just had to make) as one of the most productive all-time Celtics, finally rewarding his efforts with a championship and nearly a second one save for 37-17 and injuries removed the possibility after that.  So now, the Celtics are starting over - SO WHAT!  This is our team, the team that has dominated the NBA since its inception, and because they have fallen on harder times people disclaim their fandom ownership? No way.  

I'm sticking with the Celtics, and you can wear a Paul George Pacers t-shirt. Indiananpolis awaits you... 

[/QUOTE]

Well.......that was a very nice post up until the end.  I'm glad you're enjoying this 13 win team full of people that wont be on the team next year. 

Let me ask you a question.....Are you rooting for this team to win or lose?  Be honest with your answer....  Don't say something lame again like "This is our team, the team that has dominated the NBA since its inception,"....that's like Yankee fans saying to Sox fans "We have 27 rings so we're the best!!" 

Admit it.....you're like everybody else, looking at the standings and hoping the Celts drop BELOW Orlando and Philly in the standings.  This is not a 'Celtics team'....this is a team assembled by trades of people that were THROW INS to make the salary portion of it work.  The future of this team is not the team you're watching.....the future of this team is the several draft picks yet to be selected.....you know I'm right.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from johconn. Show johconn's posts

Sometimes it's just about rooting for individual player development. 

As Charlie said to Marlon Brando on 'On the Waterfront'..."Kid this ain't your night'...that is the Celtics for this season but there's plenty of things the team needs to drive towards. Just a winning collective is not of them.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheOriginalDfury13. Show TheOriginalDfury13's posts

They play hard. They are my team. It could be worse we could be the lakers.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jhol. Show jhol's posts

I still watch every game but there are a few differences for me personally this year. For instance, if I have to take a leak, I will go take a leak and don't even bother pausing the game. Also, if my wife starts talking to me about painting or fixing this or that, I will listen to her and discuss without pausing the game. I will also take the dog out for a dump without pausing the game. Jeff Green can have a monster one handed slam and I rarely rewind to watch it over. I have occasionally gone to bed before the game is over and will check the score in the morning. I consider myself a diehard fan but I have digressed some.

Do I need help?