why shaq works in green

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Re: why shaq works in green

Most importantly he'll be motivated to beat the Lakers & Heat. The Heat wouldn't take him back and Kobe ran his mouth, so we're getting a motivated guy that will play next to KG. The Cavs or Suns had no one like KG to light a fire under Shaq. In Miami Shaq had Posey and Zo to keep him going.

This is a perfect fit.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichBelgium. Show MichBelgium's posts

Well we can assure with this rotation that we'll have our main bigs healthy when it's playoff time 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

Shaq has an enormous ego and very little game left. Having said that he's probably better offensively than Perkins down low. I really don't see it as much of an upgrade at all.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

trouts, i never said we were getting dwight howard, just that shaq is no worse than perk and better in some ways.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

He has enough game left, no doubt about it. Last season 13/7, not bad at all. And we're getting him on the cheap. Even if you consider him no upgrade to perk, once perk gets back (hopefully he will) we'll have two (shaq/perk) instead of one (perk), and that IS an upgrade.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbeach48. Show dbeach48's posts

like it alot

and keep sheed 2

C's do a good job managing egos

one more scorer

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bilalkazmi. Show bilalkazmi's posts

In Response to Re: why shaq works in green:
    [QUOTE] Shaq has an enormous ego and very little game left. Having said that he's probably better offensively than Perkins down low. I really don't see it as much of an upgrade at all.
    Posted by trouts[/QUOTE]

shaq can still ball.  he isn't dominant anymore, but he can be an effective 10 - 12 minute guy.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

herald saying the deal is not done yet and shaq is balking at #s...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

Shaq just makes us even older and only delays the total transformation that this team needs. Lots of injuries for these guys last year and now they're a year older. I'm not sure why we should expect a different result?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

if the result is exactly the same as this year, i will not complain. there's nothing we could do in the FA market once lebron and bosh made their choices. LA and miami are the teams of "now". there's no need for us to start rebuilding right now. we just have to ride the miami wave and see where it goes. then you start rebuilding in 2 years. we have made the best choices under the circumstances. there's not much more danny could have done. if we turn sheed's contract into a backup for PP, i will be satisfied with our offseason.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillallbost08. Show stillallbost08's posts

[QUOTE]  Shaq just makes us even older and only delays the total transformation that this team needs. Lots of injuries for these guys last year and now they're a year older. I'm not sure why we should expect a different result?
    Posted by trouts[/QUOTE]

What young guy could the celtics have signed for 1.4m that would have improved them for this year...answer...nobody..You say lots of injuries to these guys last year but when you look at the games played , RA played 81, PP 71, KG 69 and RW 79 games....yet some of the young guys like MD and BB were  the ones missing the most games.  shaq replaces RW and adds 3 years to the total but Shaq is a better player despite being older.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RondoIsHustle. Show RondoIsHustle's posts

[QUOTE]I will not be surprised if Rondo leads the league in assists this season. Driving and dropping the ball off to JO or Shaq will do wonders for Rondo's game.  The Celtics still need Perk but when we talk about scoring inside or in the low post JO and Shaq are way better than Perk. 
    Posted by Fierce34[/QUOTE]

Good point.
    I can see rondo averaging something like 12 ASTs in the next season.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NumbaFouwer. Show NumbaFouwer's posts

The more big men you have the better. Go Shaq.