Why should Ray play less,if you want Moore to get Bradley's minutes?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrade. Show notrade's posts

Why should Ray play less,if you want Moore to get Bradley's minutes?

The point guards defense is more important, then the shooting guards defense and rebounding. 

You people need to realize Ray is unigue ,and so is Bradley. They both bring something to the team that no one else does. 

Ray is only 1 of 3 players on the team who has the ability to average 20 points per game. They need Ray to score with no center scoring, and having an old power forward.
    They really need him,with no point guard scoring ,without Rondo.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Re: Why should Ray play less,if you want Moore to get Bradley's minutes?

Good try, notrade.  But, while I agree completely with you......this is going to end up being another thread to talk about how its Ray's fault the team had no energy and that the loss occurs due to something Ray didn't do.   nice of you to post some support for him, though.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

Pietrus would be taking on more minutes not Bradley or Moore but don't let logic get in the way of making this a random Moore Bradley thread. Ray is PG now? I must have missed that. Bradley and Moore don't affect his minutes.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrade. Show notrade's posts

In Response to Re: Why should Ray play less,if you want Moore to get Bradley's minutes?:
    [QUOTE]Pietrus would be taking on more minutes not Bradley or Moore but don't let logic get in the way of making this a random Moore Bradley thread. Ray is PG now? I must have missed that. Bradley and Moore don't affect his minutes.
    Posted by tompenny[/QUOTE]

I don't mind,if Doc would cut Ray's minutes to around 30,but alot on this board want Pietrus to play more minutes,then Ray.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Doc should play Pietrus, RA and PP NO LESS than 25 minutes each night for the SG and SF spots.  Moore can sometimes get minutes as might Dooling but with the 96 minutes each game for the SF and SG positions, we have enough solid players who all bring something special who have earned playing time.

Ray brings that offense and the threat of the outside shot.  Pietrus also brings the outside shot (not as much a threat as Ray), toughness and superior perimeter defense.  And PP is the captain and he can do it all.

Why grind these guys down with 36-38 minutes each game when we've proven other guys can contribute.

Ray just got back and went for 35 minutes.  As conditioned as he is, that's just too much.  Pietrus, as much of a contribution as he's made over the past few games while Ray was out, earned more playing time than just 15 minutes.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Ray off the bench, Pietrus starts with Paul.  Makes up better.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In Response to Re: Why should Ray play less,if you want Moore to get Bradley's minutes?:
    [QUOTE]Ray off the bench, Pietrus starts with Paul.  Makes up better.
    Posted by maryngary[/QUOTE]
    I also say it does and we should try it for awhile.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

But if you want to showcase somebody at his age, what better way than to show off his superb conditioning???

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Tonight Ray could have twenty points and we will lose as the Cavs dominate the inside without a peep from us on the boards.  

My guess is if we are in the game PP will play 40 to 45 minutes and Pietrus will be watching from the bench in the last four minutes.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]Tonight Ray could have twenty points and we will lose as the Cavs dominate the inside without a peep from us on the boards.   My guess is if we are in the game PP will play 40 to 45 minutes and Pietrus will be watching from the bench in the last four minutes.  
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

Why use bench players when you can put all stars on the floor?

Get it?

Pud

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

[QUOTE]Tonight Ray could have twenty points and we will lose as the Cavs dominate the inside without a peep from us on the boards.   My guess is if we are in the game PP will play 40 to 45 minutes and Pietrus will be watching from the bench in the last four minutes.  
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]
    concord27, I don't see PP playing 40-45 minutes tonight.  Doc won't make the mistake of NOT playing PP until 3:42 is remaining in the 4th quarter again.  So he'll get more 4th quarter time.  That mean Pietrus will get more time in the first 3 quarters.  I think RA, Pietrus and PP play significant minutes tonight and whoever is hotter between RA and Pietrus will be on the court in the last four minutes.  Bradley will have to be out there for Irving and KG and Bass for interior play.

If we have another final inbound play, Pietrus should be out there inbounding the ball instead of Quis.  What was Doc thinking?  With Pietrus, upon PP being double-teamed, he hits Pietrus right back for the open three.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

How many games will JON play before he is out with an injury again?

I will guess in the next three games.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why should Ray play less,if you want Moore to get Bradley's minutes? : Why use bench players when you can put all stars on the floor? Get it? Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin[/QUOTE]
    The Celtics schedule this week allows them some rest and to play some games at home.  This schedule is going to get much tougher and Doc will have to play the bench guys.  The age we have with the injuries we have so early in the season speak to further injuries as we go on the road and play back to backs.   The young guys will be playing whether Doc wants to or not.

Sections
Shortcuts