Why so much concern about the Lakers? Are you scared?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from john reudametkin. Show john reudametkin's posts

Re: Why so much concern about the Lakers? Are you scared?

In response to Duke4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

when ever the trolls point out the Celtic's long downward spiral after the injuries to Bird and McHale and the deaths of Bias and Lewis I just sit back and smile....and realize the things that sets these two franchises apart....

the Celtics at 17-4 with an .809 winning percentage in the Finals....as opposed to the Lakers 16-15 overall record (.516) and the less than mediocre 11-14 record (.440) since moving to Los Angeles.... 

the Celtics record vs the Lakers head to head in the Finals.....9-3.....total dominance!!....since their first meeting in the Finals (1959) it took the Lakers over 25 years to finally beat the Celtics...! 

When anyone talks about greatest teams they all refer to rings, rings, rings. I have verver heard anyone care about head to head or any thing like that. That includes me. I only care about rings and consistency over the decades, and that has to be the Lakers. When I look at the record its pretty tough to beat being in the Finals half the time. Of course the more times your there the more chance you will have more losses to go with the victories. The Cs dominated like that so many years ago, but I only know the Lakers have done it over and over again and looks like they may do it again. I have to give them a lot of respect. The Cs have good too, but that was a long time ago in the olden days

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

my friend, you are "working us" with your casual innocence....you know all too well that this discussion is about the all time relevance of these two franchises....

you want to talk about "lately"...?  ....fine, the Lakers have been better...no qualms about that...but this discussion is about "all time".....and the Celts rule in that category...

finally....the past (both good and bad for both of our teams)...is in the past...right now we are equals...and I think this year's evaluation favors the Celts.....but, whatever....it's all good...

take care pal....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from john reudametkin. Show john reudametkin's posts

[QUOTE]

my friend, you are "working us" with your casual innocence....you know all too well that this discussion is about the all time relevance of these two franchises....

you want to talk about "lately"...?  ....fine, the Lakers have been better...no qualms about that...but this discussion is about "all time".....and the Celts rule in that category...

finally....the past (both good and bad for both of our teams)...is in the past...right now we are equals...and I think this year's evaluation favors the Celts.....but, whatever....it's all good...

take care pal....

[/QUOTE]

I think you misunderstand me. I'm not here to favor one team over the other. I am just an NBA fan in general and I like to look at things really honestly and put my emotions aside. For example I like Michael Jordan a lot but he wasn't even in my city, but objectively I can't deny that he was better than my home players. I feel the same way about teams. The Lakers are just head and shoulders above everyone else historically because they always seem to be there. I like the Celtics too and I respect them for the past put time has passed and the Lakers have just so obviously surpassed them because like i said there always there. It doesnt mean I don't love my own team but I have to face the facts. And when I read all the facts the Lakers just come out and just hit you in the face with their dominance over the decades. If I could have a franchise like i said would take anyone over the Lakers. That would be dumb if I didn't.. How could anyone honestly say if they could own one franchise today who would it be? I don't want to knock the Celtics cause their good or at least they were, but how can you say  their good when they haven't won hardly anything over the last what? 26 years or whatever. And now with Howard looks like the Lakers are gonna get more.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In response to john reudametkin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

take care pal....

[/QUOTE]

I think you misunderstand me. I'm not here to favor one team over the other. I am just an NBA fan in general and I like to look at things really honestly and put my emotions aside. For example I like Michael Jordan a lot but he wasn't even in my city, but objectively I can't deny that he was better than my home players. I feel the same way about teams. The Lakers are just head and shoulders above everyone else historically because they always seem to be there. I like the Celtics too and I respect them for the past put time has passed and the Lakers have just so obviously surpassed them because like i said there always there. It doesnt mean I don't love my own team but I have to face the facts. And when I read all the facts the Lakers just come out and just hit you in the face with their dominance over the decades. If I could have a franchise like i said would take anyone over the Lakers. That would be dumb if I didn't.. How could anyone honestly say if they could own one franchise today who would it be? I don't want to knock the Celtics cause their good or at least they were, but how can you say  their good when they haven't won hardly anything over the last what? 26 years or whatever. And now with Howard looks like the Lakers are gonna get more.

[/QUOTE]

TommyFool has shown up under a new alias once Mike Brown got fired.  Before that, he had shown up as TommyFool after the Dwight Howard trade.  He has stopped taking his meds.  He will soon spill his irrational fears on this board, take some time off and show up again under a new identity.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

In response to john reudametkin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm not a Laker fan or a Celtic fan, I just like good basketball and I like to be honest, and all I know is that for the last few decades I have been an NBA fan it is hard to argue that the Lakers are the franchise every other team wants to match. And I can understand why.  I know you people here talk about the Celtics of a long time ago and maybe then they were good but over time the Lakers are like unmatched. If I could own any team I want I would be foolish not to take the Lakers over the Celtics. I think everybody would too. I'm not trying to be nasty or anything. I'm just looking at the record.

[/QUOTE]

Can't defend your original post so you just move on with  more  nonsense.

Typical troll mentality

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Hey buddy.....Bloggy doesn't really care what anyone posts...he is here for the entertainment factor....I still haven't figured out if he is just a teenager (doubt it) or an adult with juvenile tendancies....it's not a sports discussion to him...it's fun & games and one upmanship....not worth the time...although I admit he does get me sucked into this stuff from time to time...he is not what I would call a troll....he can be quite entertaining and he is very polite......just getting his chuckles....once "ignore" is back the time spent on this forum will decrease big time....

Cheers..!

Based on  the content of his posts, and the fact the he, as a Laker fan, spends so much time posting  on a  Celtic board makes you wonder about both the quantity of  his  IQ and the quality of his life.
    Maybe more  to be pitied, spending so much solitary time posting anonymous barbs to strangers and  then  ending it with his happy face signoff.

Sections
Shortcuts