Why the Celtics will be bad this season

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrCricket. Show MrCricket's posts

Re: Why the Celtics will be bad this season

yeah, that's one reason. put more simply, they have no go-to scorers. Jeff Green in the C's biggest scoring threat, opposing teams are licking their chops at the idea of game planning for a JG led offense. Jeff Green! soo scary!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

No one can predict the future.

Rondo, Brooks, Green, Olynyk, and Faverani doesn't look too bad to me.

Wallace was an allstar. Humphries was a double double guy. Sullinger is pretty good Bogan shoots 3s, Bradley is a great defender. Pressey I like very much.

At least we aren't starting Sebastian Telfair and Ryan Gomes. That team just made me shutter.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

By all accounts Oly is a good shooter.  i believe ab can set up in the corner.  Green can shoot.  If we had one more shooting big, we could spred the floor for rondo to penetrate.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

I would be surprised if Faverani and Oly are not going to have growing pain and become a consistent NBA players right away or even do they have long term good NBA players within them to begin with?  All I can see is that this is an inexperience and weak defensive and rebounding front court if I ever see one.  Then I guess we get to test the theory that Rondo is overrated and he has to play with all-star caliber players to be effective.  Yes, we have no 3 pt shooting, maybe Brooks can do some in that department but if you are counting on AB and Green to do the outside shooting, it does not look like that is a good strategy.

You just don't build a good NBA team from cobbling up pieces from nowhere and combine it with pieces leftover that were in previous year pretty mediocre to begin with, let's not get ahead of ourselves.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

"At least we aren't starting Sebastian Telfair and Ryan Gomes. That team just made me shutter."

As I recall, that team had a great player named Paul Pierce in his prime, Al Jefferson, and very young rookie named Rondo.  Big Al and Rondo were too young and not ready yet but not unlike what we have now in a lot of players on this team.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from johconn. Show johconn's posts

In response to scubber's comment:

"At least we aren't starting Sebastian Telfair and Ryan Gomes. That team just made me shutter."

As I recall, that team had a great player named Paul Pierce in his prime, Al Jefferson, and very young rookie named Rondo.  Big Al and Rondo were too young and not ready yet but not unlike what we have now in a lot of players on this team.

Good point Scubber. We don't have any fit game-changers right now. Green should break out but will he take it on his shoulders? Sully will start off dependable but probably not a game-changer. KO will bring us all down to earth as no matter how much talent he has he'll still be on a learning curve. Rondo will be eased back...all this DA talk of him being ready is 'anti-tank' talk. RR will not be rushed back. No way. If Wallace is still around he could flourish on a team like this, which is weird since he looked like a rusty old pick-up truck last season but he does have the talent and something to prove. We don't have the elite guy though to run this team...yet.

Yet.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

The problem remains, Rondo is not a 3pt threat, so is Sully, and right now we have no shooting guard that can be considered a shooter.

All the teams at the bottom of 3pt shooting % last season are all lottery teams.

If you can't make 3-pointers on a regular basis then the driving lanes are clogged and the low post will be packed.

I believe KO will become a very good 3pt. shooter but it will take a little time. We need a lot more than just KO and Green being able to hit the 3 ball. I don't see anyone else who is on the team at this time being able to consistently hit the 3 shot.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

In response to scubber's comment:

You need to refresh your memory. Pierce was injured the last month of the season. Big Al is overrated, and Rondo only played sparingly.

This team is much better.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Why will this team be bad?  Here are my opinions: 

1) Their best PG is a rookie (I am assuming Rondo needs time to come back)

2) The Brazilian duo at the 5 are both unproven, and that's assuming that Melo even makes it to Boston instead of Portland

3) Jeff Green is a complementary player and will struggle as the primary scoring option

4) Is Sullinger a slam dunk to come back and play a full year after back surgery?  I forsee a lot of days off for him 

5) Not one of their 2 guards is a complete, consistent player

6) Guys like Bass and Humphries are role players, not starters -- and Olynyk will not lead this team as a rookie since all rookies have a learning curve and hit the wall at some point

7) Wallace's best days are behind him

13. This post has been removed.