Why the lowly Hawks beat the celtics?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tayshawn. Show Tayshawn's posts

Why the lowly Hawks beat the celtics?

Come on celtic fans, here is your chance to voice your opinions. Why do the celtics get beat by the hawks who have no 7 footer that even touched the floor tonight?

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tayshawn. Show Tayshawn's posts

Re: Why the lowly Hawks beat the celtics?

The LAKERS have done well on their second games of back to backs. Maybe the celtics should watch the LAKERS game tape?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

Watch the game and note the lack of physicality in the paint and tired legs on offense as well as defense.  

Tired legs, along with causing players to be a step slower, often shows up in poor foul shooting which was quite evident against the Hawks. 

Picture dad, uncle charlie, and grandpa going 3 on 3 in the driveway against three high school kids.

The spirit's willing, but the body is tired.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

The Hawks are not lowly. Do you recall they took us to seven games in the first round the year we won the championship? 

The Hawks are a bad matchup for us. You may think they have no 7 footers, but Horford ate us alive inside tonight. 

We got beat by a team that outlasted us in a back to back where we tend to falter. Time to move on.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In Response to Re: Why the lowly Hawks beat the celtics?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why the lowly Hawks beat the celtics? : It's going to kill them in the playoffs.
    Posted by tompenny[/QUOTE]

They don't play on consecutive nights in the playoffs!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from haste. Show haste's posts

[QUOTE]Watch the game and note the lack of physicality in the paint and tired legs on offense as well as defense.   Tired legs, along with causing players to be a step slower, often shows up in poor foul shooting which was quite evident against the Hawks.  Picture dad, uncle charlie, and grandpa going 3 on 3 in the driveway against three high school kids. The spirit's willing, but the body is tired.
    Posted by dustcover[/QUOTE]

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from haste. Show haste's posts

Dustcover said it beautifally--it's the end of a long season for our core players.  The bench doesn't help out enough.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from seapix. Show seapix's posts

In Response to Why the lowly Hawks beat the celtics?:
    [QUOTE]Come on celtic fans, here is your chance to voice your opinions. Why do the celtics get beat by the hawks who have no 7 footer that even touched the floor tonight?
    Posted by Tayshawn[/QUOTE]

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from seapix. Show seapix's posts

In Response to Why the lowly Hawks beat the celtics?:
    [QUOTE]Come on celtic fans, here is your chance to voice your opinions. Why do the celtics get beat by the hawks who have no 7 footer that even touched the floor tonight?

Because Big Baby is an idiot!  He's taking all of the shots down the stretch despite having 3 (or 4) future hall of famers on the floor with him.  He's even worse at the end of the game when he hits a few shots (like a three pointer last night in the early going).  He hits a few and starts thinking he's an all-star.  He ain't!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinnesotaCelticsFan. Show MinnesotaCelticsFan's posts

Tay,

Did you sleep through the first part of the season when the Lakers lost to everyone?

Glass houses baby!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tayshawn. Show Tayshawn's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Why the lowly Hawks beat the celtics? : Because Big Baby is an idiot!  He's taking all of the shots down the stretch despite having 3 (or 4) future hall of famers on the floor with him.  He's even worse at the end of the game when he hits a few shots (like a three pointer last night in the early going).  He hits a few and starts thinking he's an all-star.  He ain't!
    Posted by seapix[/QUOTE]

Great observation. I thought the same thing, after he kept shooting and shooting and shooting. That 1 three-pointer really went to his head.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishDrunk. Show IrishDrunk's posts

how can he lowly Hawks beat the Celtics?  Two words - Boston sucks.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tayshawn. Show Tayshawn's posts

[QUOTE]Tay, Did you sleep through the first part of the season when the Lakers lost to everyone? Glass houses baby!
    Posted by MinnesotaCelticsFan[/QUOTE]

No, I watched, although I knew that after being in the Finals 3 straight years and playing all of those games that they would come around on their own time. The LAKERS get everyone's best game night in and night out, and they were just buying their time for when it really matters, as we are all witnessing.

The celtics on the other hand were giving their all at the beginning and even now, but they dont have enough in the tank as their players are showing everyone now.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinnesotaCelticsFan. Show MinnesotaCelticsFan's posts

As you say leaders always get other team's best game. It is true for the Lakers and the Celtics.

I think a team's play against the other top teams says more about a team than winning against mediocre and poor teams. And what you take for no gas in the tank, has more to do with a team playing without a true Center since the trade.

That changes this week.

It will be a Celtic-Lakers final, and KG is healthy this year. I like our chances.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from seapix. Show seapix's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why the lowly Hawks beat the celtics? : Great observation. I thought the same thing, after he kept shooting and shooting and shooting. That 1 three-pointer really went to his head.

True, Tay.  Some folks wonder why our ball movement stops in the 4thqtr., hence the low point totals and sputtering offense.  I know there are a lot of reasons, but, I swear, seeing Big Baby at the top of the key holding the ball and not appearing to have the foggiest idea of the set (or caring what the play is supposed to be) is one of the biggest.  This is also the main reason why Ray is unhappy about his lack of rythmn and touches.  It not about Paul and KG taking the shots, I can tell you that.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from seapix. Show seapix's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why the lowly Hawks beat the celtics? : True, Tay.  Some folks wonder why our ball movement stops in the 4thqtr., hence the low point totals and sputtering offense.  I know there are a lot of reasons, but, I swear, seeing Big Baby at the top of the key holding the ball and not appearing to have the foggiest idea of the set (or caring what the play is supposed to be) is one of the biggest.  This is also the main reason why Ray is unhappy about his lack of rythmn and touches.  It not about Paul and KG taking the shots, I can tell you that.
    Posted by seapix[/QUOTE]

Sections
Shortcuts