Why this board is a failure

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Number6Fan. Show Number6Fan's posts

Why this board is a failure

As of 11:45 a.m. today, of the 10 most recently posted to threads (not counting Dottie's), comprising 198 posts, fully 74 of them -- 37% -- were by Laker trolls (you know who you are).

That means, if you add in the snickering dog, more than 50% of this board is drivel.  Is the Globe so desperate to inflate its circulation numbers that it's willing to preside over such a catastrophe?

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Number6Fan. Show Number6Fan's posts

Re: Why this board is a failure

In response to dfurypos' comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Number6Fan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

As of 11:45 a.m. today, of the 10 most recently posted to threads (not counting Dottie's), comprising 198 posts, fully 74 of them -- 37% -- were by Laker trolls (you know who you are).

That means, if you add in the snickering dog, more than 50% of this board is drivel.  Is the Globe so deperate to inflate its circulation numbers that it's willing to preside over such a catastrophe?

[/QUOTE]

That's 33% on this thread so far.  :-)

:sadbb:

[/QUOTE]

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Man, I agree. Its disheartening to see that every thread, even the good ones, ultimately get taken over by trolls spouting nonsense and troll feeders insulting them and their team with stupid pictures and one liners... and they grow to 100 posts that way.

I've been trying to start no-nonsense threads.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

This is a slow time with little to discuss.

When the IGNORE option comes back, most of this noise/drivel disappears... and serious posters and the season will simultaneously return.

Be patient... and hold your nose.

Presently we're just treading water.

Pud

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from red2004sox. Show red2004sox's posts

Pud is right.  Once the season starts and there is actually something to discuss or debate, there will be many more Celtic fans in the mix.

You need that small percentage of rival fans in the mix to keep it real.  That is, if they keep it real and are not here just to make a mockery.

Bloggety has some good takes and when serious makes a good arguement.  Some others not so much.

At least you know were bloggety's heart is and what side he is on and he is not ashamed of it.  As he shouldn't be.  Those that just hide behind false pretenses are the ones I can do without because by doing so they make a mockery of them selves and the teams they actually like.  Get some back bone guys.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to BloggetyBloop's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I am deeply disturbed about your willingness to invoke guidleines on people's first amendment rights here in America. You should do some research and then you might realize how many Americans sacrificed and actually lost their lives in fighting for this right.  Also, how did you come up with your calculations? I predict this is all opinion. Thanks, and have a great day!

[/QUOTE]

More bait from Bloop.

I would certainly honor Bloop if he had actually fought for 1st amendment rights... instead of simply  trolling BDC about it.

Pud

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

[QUOTE]

I am deeply disturbed about your willingness to invoke guidleines on people's first amendment rights here in America. You should do some research and then you might realize how many Americans sacrificed and actually lost their lives in fighting for this right.  Also, how did you come up with your calculations? I predict this is all opinion. Thanks, and have a great day!

[/QUOTE]

You're an idiot. First ammendment rights imply a freedom of speech that the government can not limit or deny. It has no application to your garbage posts on a privatly owned internet site. BDC would be within its rights to ban you're idiotic user name from their site, especially since its a free service.

That would be like me complaining that Sports Illustrated is infringing on my first ammendment rights because it won't publish my theory that ESPN is biased towards glittery things (Lakers) that aren't gold (Championship Team Caliber).

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]

Pud, quit shooting the messenger. I am just reminding people that we do have rights in this country, and those rights were not free as many paid the ultimate price for them. I do appreciate your responses and find them to be quite comical at times. I also appreciate the bantor red2004sox. Thank you.

[/QUOTE]
    So what happened to GoGreen's rights to free speech?

Pud

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

ON cue, the snickering dog arrives.

October 1 is just around the corner. Fierce's due date to return to BDC.

Pud

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticelmo. Show celticelmo's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You are NOT wanted here and you are a complete m o r o n to bring up the people who lost their lives for this Country in a Basketball forum. You should be ashamed of yourself and it is now no wonder to any of us why you are the type that would instigate when you read this comment. Bottom line is you just are not wanted here as this is a Celtic site. Would you go to a Muslim site and spew American semitism? You should stick with your own instead of coming on here and stirring the pot all of the time. Look in the mirror and you will see what a real c r e e p you really are. Sad you need to do this type of thing to get off.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheNewGKDynasty. Show TheNewGKDynasty's posts

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

ON cue, the snickering dog arrives.

October 1 is just around the corner. Fierce's due date to return to BDC.

Pud

[/QUOTE]

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

this board is not a failure...i only read what i want to read...we have some good posters on here.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

" I am deeply disturbed about your willingness to invoke guidleines on people's first amendment rights here in America."

And I'm even more disturbed that you don't understand anything about the first amendment. 

The first amendment doesn't guarantee you a right to speak out in a private forum like this. You can be banned if you violate the terms of use here in any way the moderators see fit. If you want to take to your Facebook or myspace page and share your views you are free to do so, though they can kick you out as well if they see fit. Free speech is about your protections against the government, not private companies.

Sorry you understand so little about the first amendment, it was cute that you tried to wrap yourself in the flag without understanding what it even means to do so. Save the flag waving for when you understand what your rights actually are. 

Private companies such as the Globe and its parents are not subject to the first amendment in the sense you mistakenly believe. I'll paste in some content below. 

At any rate, while you've added no value to the forum on this or any other threads, frequently wrong as you have been in this case, you are not really the problem as at least you own up to being a Laker fan. However the Laker fans posing as Celtics fans, specifically but not exclusively TommyFraud, do hurt the caliber of this discussion on the forum and are fraudulent. I would ban them if I ran this place. I would'nt ban you but I'd make sure people could ignore you. 

Pud is right that it's the slow season but I'm also losing faith that functions like the ignore button will ever return. I'm afraid this is going to be a free for all...

"Does the First Amendment apply to private companies and organizations?

No. The First Amendment applies to the government — to protect individuals from government censorship. While the text of the First Amendment says “Congress shall make no law … abridging the freedom of speech,” it means that no federal, state or local government official can infringe on your free-speech rights. A private company is not a government or state and therefore generally is not subject to the requirements of the First Amendment."

http://missoulaeditor.com/?p=1673

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

As much as the trolls are a nuisance, the change in format has really killed the BB.  Taking us off the front page and leaving us with a comparatively rudimentary options now tells us the BDC wants this BB to go away.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

[QUOTE]

Thank you all for your wonderful explanations.  I guess we can all agree to just disagree. Notice how I have not insulted anyone and am very pro-American. GoGreen was banned for questioning certain people's intelligence. I personally think this board is thriving and is going to be really great come the end of October when the season finally begins.

Go Lakers & GO AMERICA!!!

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, you're Mr. Rational compared to GoGreen... however, to be completely honest, its hard not to hate you based on:

1. Your name

2. Your image

3. You clearly being a Lakers fan on a Celtics forum

4. As a Lakers Fan, your clear and unrelenting bias towards the Lakers/against the Celtics

But, I for one, will not hate on you/your posts if they contiue to break the mold of troll trash. Keep it classy!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

" I am deeply disturbed about your willingness to invoke guidleines on people's first amendment rights here in America."

And I'm even more disturbed that you don't understand anything about the first amendment. 

The first amendment doesn't guarantee you a right to speak out in a private forum like this. You can be banned if you violate the terms of use here in any way the moderators see fit. If you want to take to your Facebook or myspace page and share your views you are free to do so, though they can kick you out as well if they see fit. Free speech is about your protections against the government, not private companies.

Sorry you understand so little about the first amendment, it was cute that you tried to wrap yourself in the flag without understanding what it even means to do so. Save the flag waving for when you understand what your rights actually are. 

Private companies such as the Globe and its parents are not subject to the first amendment in the sense you mistakenly believe. I'll paste in some content below. 

At any rate, while you've added no value to the forum on this or any other threads, frequently wrong as you have been in this case, you are not really the problem as at least you own up to being a Laker fan. However the Laker fans posing as Celtics fans, specifically but not exclusively TommyFraud, do hurt the caliber of this discussion on the forum and are fraudulent. I would ban them if I ran this place. I would'nt ban you but I'd make sure people could ignore you. 

Pud is right that it's the slow season but I'm also losing faith that functions like the ignore button will ever return. I'm afraid this is going to be a free for all...

"Does the First Amendment apply to private companies and organizations?

No. The First Amendment applies to the government — to protect individuals from government censorship. While the text of the First Amendment says “Congress shall make no law … abridging the freedom of speech,” it means that no federal, state or local government official can infringe on your free-speech rights. A private company is not a government or state and therefore generally is not subject to the requirements of the First Amendment."

http://missoulaeditor.com/?p=1673

[/QUOTE]

Thanks for restating my post!

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Hey... the gang of trash talkers is getting back into pre-season form.

Run hasn't killed the forum yet... although he keeps trying his best.

Rigor mortis is a l-o-n-g ways from setting in.

Now where is that IGNORE option?

Pud

Sections
Shortcuts