Why was Pierce playing with a seventeen point lead and less than four minutes against the Nets?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Why was Pierce playing with a seventeen point lead and less than four minutes against the Nets?

Pierce got hurt when the Celtics had the game in hand.  Why is Doc playing these guys when they are at risk?  Doc is addicted to playing the starters even when their preservation is so imperative.  Doc has done a brilliant job the last three weeks I hope the Pierce and Bass injuries will work themselves out, but the risks Doc takes with these older players seems unnecessary.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Re: Why was Pierce playing with a seventeen point lead and less than four minutes against the Nets?

agreed....doc has to be real careful now with the vet guys. Fortunately these injuries don't seem too severe but now is a good time to be extra cautious on the veteran minutes. Get the young fresh bodies in there when needed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Re: Why was Pierce playing with a seventeen point lead and less than four minutes against the Nets?

And Pierce has the night off.

So all is forgiven I assume.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In Response to Re: Why was Pierce playing with a seventeen point lead and less than four minutes against the Nets?:
    [QUOTE]And Pierce has the night off. So all is forgiven I assume.
    Posted by snakeoil123[/QUOTE]
    I thought this yesterday when I saw Pierce still in the game but the fact that the Celtics are winning right now against the Bobcats without the big three seems like a good idea. They get to rest until Tuesday.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

If a guy sprains an ankle, its not because the coach was playing him. Its cause he's a basketball player and it happens.  Pierce played a whopping 30 minutes in the game.....not exactly overdoing it.

Sections
Shortcuts