Why we are better without Rondo

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsince1958. Show celticsince1958's posts

Why we are better without Rondo

Reasons:

1. He slows the tempo and takes too much time to score

2. Doesn't get everybody involved

3. Has certain favorites to give the ball to

4. He is very predictable and the opposing team adjusts to him

5. When he plays, the defense of the team deteriorates

6. He is all about himself and how he wants it to be

7. We are playing much better without him. For example, we are playing much faster, making more rebounds, getting more players involved, the players are feeling a better all around team play and spirit, etc.

8. Our team defense is much better without him

9. Garnett is playing more like a center

10. And how about Green? Do we like his game better? Could there be a connection to Rondo not playing?

Did I miss anything?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Re: Why we are better without Rondo

In response to celticsince1958's comment:

Reasons:

7. We are playing much better without him. For example, we are playing much faster, making more rebounds, getting more players involved, the players are feeling a better all around team play and spirit, etc.

10. And how about Green? Do we like his game better? Could there be a connection to Rondo not playing?

Did I miss anything?

the other 15 posts on the same subject.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Reasons:

Did I miss anything?

He wants to be the big fish in  the pond... and is willing to drain the pond way down to make sure he prevails.

Pud

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:

Reasons:

Did I miss anything?

He wants to be the big fish in  the pond... and is willing to drain the pond way down to make sure he prevails.

Pud

I knew there was a reason Bass didn't like him!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

Reasons:

Did I miss anything?

Pud

Yup!  That is exactly what it is.  Here is a pointer for you.

Check out the Clippers with your idol CP3.  CP3 has laid back and is alowing the rest of the players to dominate the play on the floor. Right now he is injured but when he was playing, he certainly was looking to be a filler and not dominate.

What do you think will happen come playoffs?

I believe that this will turn out to be an issue for the Clips.  They will need CP3 to assume a dominant role in the playoffs.  But when he does that, the other guys will struggle.  The system would not have been prepared with playoffs in mind.

Lets hear your opinion/prediction here.  I am curious if you will be able to venture beyond your negative and critical posts and state a success plan for some team.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

eventhough i am not a fan of Rondo pounding the ball for more than half of the shot clock, comes playoff time and he plays the right tempo for the ocassion, someone you want to have on your side during playoffs half court sets...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

We are not better without Rondo our near allstar, if Doc would require him to move the ball and defend, he would be fine.  It is the offense that doc runs with little player and ball movement that is the problem. Even now we need more movement of playes and more options because the team we have now has a better chance at victory if we do.  Doc runs way tooooo much isolation. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to maryngary's comment:

We are not better without Rondo our near allstar, if Doc would require him to move the ball and defend, he would be fine.  It is the offense that doc runs with little player and ball movement that is the problem. Even now we need more movement of playes and more options because the team we have now has a better chance at victory if we do.  Doc runs way tooooo much isolation. 

The team we now have has a better chance of listening/accepting doc's coaching.

That makes them WAY BETTER  than a Rondo-led team.

Pud

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to kyceltic's comment:

You stole my line... happy now?

Pud

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsince1958. Show celticsince1958's posts

In response to prakash's comment:

Reasons:

Did I miss anything?

Pud

Yup!  That is exactly what it is.  Here is a pointer for you.

Check out the Clippers with your idol CP3.  CP3 has laid back and is alowing the rest of the players to dominate the play on the floor. Right now he is injured but when he was playing, he certainly was looking to be a filler and not dominate.

What do you think will happen come playoffs?

I believe that this will turn out to be an issue for the Clips.  They will need CP3 to assume a dominant role in the playoffs.  But when he does that, the other guys will struggle.  The system would not have been prepared with playoffs in mind.

Lets hear your opinion/prediction here.  I am curious if you will be able to venture beyond your negative and critical posts and state a success plan for some team.

We are seeing the difference in the last four games without Rondo. I would tell you what the difference is, but you can see it for yourself. See the first comment i made 2/2/2013 5:48 PM EST. There were 10 points.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

During the 6 game losing streak Pierce and leaving his tired legs in the game cost the Celtics 3 games so they should be 13-3 in the last 16 games. This team is better with Rondo but they are playing with heart because they lost their best player.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to kyceltic's comment:

Pud

nice

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

During the 6 game losing streak Pierce and leaving his tired legs in the game cost the Celtics 3 games so they should be 13-3 in the last 16 games. This team is better with Rondo but they are playing with heart because they lost their best player.

oh bull crappe.  rondo shoots 64% free throws.  he's un-aggressive on offense, he's lackluster on defense and only hides himself behind TOTAL IRON CURTAIN CONTROL OF THE BALL and a pile of destructive assists while underachieving for his physical talent levels in scoring AND defense all while RUINING our tempo.

you would never call someone with all those negative traits the best player on your team unless you were the new orleans / charlotte lotto-bombers

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Right now we're better. 

Is it ok with you till I wait till we win a playoff game or two without him? 

We don't take the Heat to seven games without Rondo last year. 

We won a ring and got to the NBA Finals with Rondo as well. What has this group done? 

Yeah we needed to shake things up, yeah the offense was stale. That's also on Doc. 

If we do something in the playoffs then I will concede your point. I know you want to rush to judgement and see this as all or nothing but sorry, a reguar season win streak doesn't do a lot for me. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

p.s. I have seen a ton of anti-Rondo hate spewed out here, and hey, some of it is deserved based on the team's recent play after he went out, but some of the folks spewing hate on Rondo also had nothing but mockery for Danny Ainge for his offseason acquisitions, including the guard depth we are getting now. Where are the threads of apology for mocking Ainge on what we did this offseason? 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from darkman20. Show darkman20's posts

Reasons:

Did I miss anything?

You forgot to mention that a lot of players hate playing with him because of his over-inflated head, stubborness, and overall, his poor attitude.

Rondo also has poor work ethics, eg: prefers to sit in his car before games instead of working on his shot.

Oh, and he also likes chasing HOF players out of town.

I think that covers it.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsGENIUS. Show bruinsGENIUS's posts

Rondo for DMC and a first.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

Right now we're better. 

Is it ok with you till I wait till we win a playoff game or two without him? 

We don't take the Heat to seven games without Rondo last year. 

We won a ring and got to the NBA Finals with Rondo as well. What has this group done? 

Yeah we needed to shake things up, yeah the offense was stale. That's also on Doc. 

If we do something in the playoffs then I will concede your point. I know you want to rush to judgement and see this as all or nothing but sorry, a reguar season win streak doesn't do a lot for me. 

Congrats!! Youre the first to throw in the towel on "we're better without ROndo" ... you've now switched it to the post season only . lol

I guess if we run off the next 30 it wont matter much to swing your opinion, lets focus on the playoffs now... thats a good one.

How about the Denver Broncos, were they better with Peyton or with  Tebow? Careful, you may blow away your Rondo argument

Sections
Shortcuts