Why we lost...it's simple.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

Re: Why we lost...it's simple.

In Response to Re: Why we lost...it's simple.:
    Pick your poison offense requires a team mentality. They move the ball to the open player. That did not happen in he first half, for the starters, or the bench. For the Starters, both Rondo and Pierce insisted on being the hero, and only passed when there was no other choice. When that happens, cutters sit and wait for the ball that comes too late, and guys that create temporary space near the hoop, get the ball after the defender has already reacted. The reason it looked like the Heat were a bee's nest, on defense, is exactly because of the hero attitude. All year Pierce has been a team first role model, however on Sunday, it looked like the Nike ad hype of James vs. Lebron was too much temptation, and he reverted to play styles from previous years. Things got better in the second half, but wow, the Celtics did not look like the Celtics in the first half. For the bench, Davis decided that he was Lebron James, and tried to dribble through triple teams multiple times. Green was more aggressive on offense this game, but he has much to learn on defense. Maybe Davis should shut his mouth and play. This is the first time since 2008 that I have seen the Celtics react in such an un-Celtic like way, in a big game. I think game two will display the attributes of Celtic play again. Celtics in 6 or 7
    Posted by Jump-ball-overtime

Pick your poison offense requires a team mentality - does that mentality include having its opponents being much more athletic at 3 or 4 of the positions on the floor at any given time and that the athleticism ensures that your "team mentality" is disrupted at every turn?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Dudder goes on ignore - he is a hater!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

I think CelticsFan4Life made a good point yesterday during the game. 

When the HEat went small, things were going their way.. then Spols made an error (I think) and put in Ilgoskas... when the HEat went big, we started getting back in the game and Spols didnt pull Big Z out....

Aside from all the problems we had yesterday, being out shot, hustled & reffed... we got out athleticized by the HEat..  How do we change that?

Stop the bad turnovers (PP & Rondo), work the offense and get good shots. DOc said we were taking every first option and not moving the ball... bad shot rebounds lead to Heat fast breaks ...

We also need and answer for the 3 line defense... not that the HEat were hot from there but that their shots were so wide open... hey, if they got a hand in their face and still drilling them... well they deserve the points but Jones and Bibby were shooting set shots at one point.. inexcusable

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

No, it requires the elimination of hero play, and a focus on team play.

...and no, Bosh is not more athletic than KG, the opposite is true, it always has been. We also have an advantage at point guard in athleticism.

Game two will be different, guys don't age years, in a couple of months, they do however, sometimes forget to play the right way.

It will be interesting to see how you will try to explain game two. At worst case the game will be closer than nine points, at best we steal home court advantage.

Remember, even though the Celtics played the worst game of the year, they only lost by nine points. Is that the best the Heat can do?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

Doc will have a come to Jesus talk with his players, and remind them who they are, and how they play.

Celtics in 6...or 7.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

I think CelticsFan4Life made a good point yesterday during the game.  When the HEat went small, things were going their way.. then Spols made an error (I think) and put in Ilgoskas... when the HEat went big, we started getting back in the game and Spols didnt pull Big Z out.... Aside from all the problems we had yesterday, being out shot, hustled & reffed... we got out athleticized by the HEat..  How do we change that? Stop the bad turnovers (PP & Rondo), work the offense and get good shots. DOc said we were taking every first option and not moving the ball... bad shot rebounds lead to Heat fast breaks ... We also need and answer for the 3 line defense... not that the HEat were hot from there but that their shots were so wide open... hey, if they got a hand in their face and still drilling them... well they deserve the points but Jones and Bibby were shooting set shots at one point.. inexcusable
    Posted by Karllost

I think this is pretty much spot on. The small heat lineup outscored us by 15 points.  I'm not sure how to solve this though. I wonder (and I don't know for sure) if Shaq wil be the answer to this. Joel Anthony played center with the heat's best lineups and Shaq will abuse him. However, does that mean that kevin Garnett or baby are left guarding James Jones when he is playing out there with Anthony and lebron? Jones may have a very big series if that is the case. and I'm not sure what the Celtics can do to stop him. 

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

In Response to Re: Why we lost...it's simple. : I think this is pretty much spot on. The small heat lineup outscored us by 15 points.  I'm not sure how to solve this though. I wonder (and I don't know for sure) if Shaq wil be the answer to this. Joel Anthony played center with the heat's best lineups and Shaq will abuse him. However, does that mean that kevin Garnett or baby are left guarding James Jones when he is playing out there with Anthony and lebron? Jones may have a very big series if that is the case. and I'm not sure what the Celtics can do to stop him. 
    Posted by jtkl

i think that if shaq is in the lineup for the celtics, the heat counter with big Z getting more minutes and at least trying to stretch the floor for the heat offensively

but i suspect shaq probably wouldnt come back until game 3...so how the lineups set then could be different...or at least how playing time will go

at either rate...as a heat fan...i suspect the bench scoring may be a little more spread out over the rest of the series as if bibby continues to struggle, house may see more time, or miller, or haslem, or wyz other combination

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goofywocky. Show Goofywocky's posts

The officials added to what has been a deteriorating product in David Stern's 'fixed' NBA.  The zebras played to be asleep when blatant fouls went uncalled against the C's and then awakened in retaliation to pleas from the C's, by calling ticky-tack fouls on the C's. No fan would want to watch more games like this one.  One can only wonder how many more NBA the officials are on the take.   

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

The problem is when BBD and Green come in BOTH are hanging on the perimeter with no chance of rebs and neither is big enough to stop penetrating or even intimidate teams from going to the basket. We need a post up threat to make the 2nd unit more balanced. It will open shots for West and either PP/RA.
    Posted by BiasLewis

I said start Krstic against Illgauskas (who starts but only plays 12-14 mins) then bring JON in against Anthony. Only play Green at PF if LeBron is at PF. And limit the mins of baby while raising the mins of JO.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

We lost the game when Rondo decided to wrap up Lebron from behind and got his second foul in the first period.  It was a shockingly stupid foul as Lebron was fifteen feet in front of him. This and KG's  two early fouls at that point put us in survival mode and took the life out of us. Rondo's third foul was really not a good call but he had put himself in a position to get pulled. The game was out of hand right then.  I am sure others have mentioned the same thing.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In Response to Re: Why we lost...it's simple. : I said start Krstic against Illgauskas (who starts but only plays 12-14 mins) then bring JON in against Anthony. Only play Green at PF if LeBron is at PF. And limit the mins of baby while raising the mins of JO.
    Posted by rameakap

Agree with every point, as usual!

Sections
Shortcuts