Why we might sign a good free agent

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Why we might sign a good free agent

1.  Rondo is a allstar pass first point. 2. Stevens looks like a player's coach and is signed for 6 years. 3. Our many draft choices could help in the trade.  4. Boston is more attractive since signing Ray and KG. 5.  Boston has good players to use in the trade.  5. Our team is competative and a star would have help.  6.  Sullinger, who is carrying some extra weignt now because of playing center, could trim up and become a top power forward.  6.  Crawford looks like a great fit for Sixth Man. 7.  Avery Bradley is a great defender and his offence is improving.  8. Our young bigs spred  the floor.  (Green, Fav, and KO) 9.  And we are going to pay for the right player$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$  10.  16 Banners hang from the Ceiling

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

Re: Why we might sign a good free agent

You forgot to put 11. LOTS OF LUCK

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from thejuice1. Show thejuice1's posts

Actually 17 banners hang from the ceiling

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

I agree, since I made a largely similar post in another thread.....:)

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulliu. Show paulliu's posts

A disticntion without a difference as far as KG went.  Garnett could not have been traded without his consent and he had initially balked at the idea of playing in Boston.

Whether KG's change of heart was due to the C's getting Ray Allen and Garnett believing that the C's could contend or Garnett hearing that Boston was not the racist hellhole some make it out to be I cannot recall.

But it was not a case of Garnett not having a huge say in where he wound up.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulliu. Show paulliu's posts

Boston has been perceived as a racist city but I think that that perception is waning.  In the days of the Russell dynasty, Russell bluntley called the city racist though he also said he loved playing for the Celtics.  "A blue team in a red city" I think he put it in a recent documentary.

The Celtics, like most teams, have had a mostly black roster for many years and still sell-out and are indeed much more popular than those sixties teams who won 11 titles and had, if anything, more black players than their contemporaries.

But these days, it seems that most big name FA's look for warm weather destinations or big media destinations or places that have both.

But if Boston is seen as an up and comer with a great coach I can see FA's coming here.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulliu. Show paulliu's posts

Times change.  Russell in his book "Second Wind" written almost 30 years ago, said that at one time he hated all white people and that now he was married to one.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulliu. Show paulliu's posts

Something tells me that maybe--just maybe--racism toward blacks in Boston may not be an overiding concern for Kevin Love, a white guy.

To the extent that the salary cap may bar Boston from extending an attractive financial offer to free agents, this is a problem for many other teams not just Boston.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.