WHY WILL WADE GUARD RONDO?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

WHY WILL WADE GUARD RONDO?

WHY WILL WADE GUARD RONDO?  Wade will stay in the middle and take away driving and cutting lanes that would be available for Ray and Paul.  Rondo on the other hand will have open shots and open eyes to see players.  Rondo also should be able to set quick screens that guys will be open for a short time before Wade picks them up.  Wade is a great athlete and Wade and Koby are the best defenders to guard Rondo and stay in the middle.  Rondo on the other hand will have his way if the point guards from Miami guard him.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Re: WHY WILL WADE GUARD RONDO?

Good that's fine let Miami take that approach. If they think Chalmers or Bibby is going to have success chasing RA around all day they are in for a long day. The difference for LA is when Kobe guards Rondo he's got help with his bigs behind him and Fisher is strong enough to fight through picks and is a better defender.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ojmega. Show ojmega's posts

that would be dumb for miami to do that, one rondo will make him run all over the court, so he would be less effective on offense, sugar ray would eat up bibby or chalmers. I agree if they want to do that.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from gtown07. Show gtown07's posts

Wade "may" guard Rondo. Wade is pathetic in defense of RA so he can't be worse guarding RR although if RR wants to post him up he will have problems. If Wade tries to guard RR then the game plan should be push everything because he won't keep up.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

Having Wade guard Ray has not worked very well. Wade has his tongue dragging on the floor in the second half of games, and usually has a horrible offensive game because of it. My guess is that Wade will share some time on Rondo.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

Will Miami beat Phily?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

lol I hope so,... so Ray can drop 8 three's a game!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

In Response to Re: WHY WILL WADE GUARD RONDO?:
    lol I hope so,... so Ray can drop 8 three's a game!
    Posted by Getzo

I know it sounds funny, but there is one undeniable fact at this point in time. Only one team can say that they are aboslutely sure they cannot lose in the first round of the playoffs. Swallow that other NBA team fans.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

Will Miami beat Phily?
    Posted by OneNation

obviously yes, but maybe not wed nite. doug collins will likely have his team playing fast, loose and w/ nothing to lose but house money. go 76ers!!!

hoping for same deal w/ indy @ chicago tonight.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

that would be dumb for miami to do that, one rondo will make him run all over the court, so he would be less effective on offense, sugar ray would eat up bibby or chalmers. I agree if they want to do that.
    Posted by ojmega

Here is Rondo's game.... stand at the top of the key and pound the ball into the floor and wait for one of his teammates to run their a ss off to get open even though Rondo is wide open.

Then Rondo passes the ball to a hall of famer who can shoot and he gets an assist.

Otherwise Rondo passes the ball off to one of his teammates and then runs and hides in the corner calling for the ball hoping beyond all hope that nobody passes him the ball because it would then require him to take a shot..... of course on BDC taking a shot is not something point guards do... so why should Rondo.... his teammates agree and that is why whenever he is calling for the ball he never ever gets it unless it is an absolute last case scenario... then he clangs a ball off the backboard or the side of the rim or an airball......

So immediately after the ball is out of his hands it is 4 against 5........ but that is really good because it ensures that the Cs have been unable to score more than 80 the last 3 games against the Bulls / Heat.....

Good thing they are playing a lot better against a team that they beat 5 straight times that thinks that defense is an unconfirmed rumor as opposed to the best pf vs. pa team in the league.

So playing an already bad team that happens to lose 2 of its 3 best players certainly sets up for a great series against a team that finished ahead of them.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

So playing an already bad team that happens to lose 2 of its 3 best players certainly sets up for a great series against a team that finished ahead of them.

Thanks Dud, to say you are predictable is not a strong enough word.  Who do you ever root for? I mean what team gets you excited.  We know it is not the Celtics so who is it?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

So playing an already bad team that happens to lose 2 of its 3 best players certainly sets up for a great series against a team that finished ahead of them. Thanks Dud, to say you are predictable is not a strong enough word.  Who do you ever root for? I mean what team gets you excited.  We know it is not the Celtics so who is it?
    Posted by concord27

Exactly.... why would anyone want to have an objective perspective.......

Here is how I explained it to my stepfather that thinks that beating the Knicks without 2 of their 3 best players bodes well for the Cs.....

He went to Stonehill College.... so this is how I explained it to him.....

Stonehill beats Brockton High School 4 straight and Brockton HS was missing 2 of its 3 best players, but now that Stonehill has beaten Brockton HS, UConn is waiting........

The Cs are going to face a team that is leaps and bounds better than the Knicks but somehow ignoring how much better the Heat are better than the Knicks means that they are somehow playing better and that the Heat are just another Knicks........ the Heat are ummm a team that finished behind them and a team that just complettely stomped them last time they played.

The Cs offense really s ucks but everyone thinks that as long as they play their roles everything is fine..... the rude awakening starts over the weekend.... sorry.

I think the Heat win in 7 but if the Cs win in 7 I will not be surprised but what I am saying is that the ability to just convert beating the Knicks easily means beating the Heat easily.

Last time the Cs played the 6ers they lost, but somehow if the Cs beat a team missing 2 of its 3 best players mean that the Heat losing a game against debatably a better team than the Knicks it means that the Heat are worse.......

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from teh-n00b. Show teh-n00b's posts

In Response to Re: WHY WILL WADE GUARD RONDO? : Exactly.... why would anyone want to have an objective perspective....... Here is how I explained it to my stepfather that thinks that beating the Knicks without 2 of their 3 best players bodes well for the Cs..... He went to Stonehill College.... so this is how I explained it to him..... Stonehill beats Brockton High School 4 straight and Brockton HS was missing 2 of its 3 best players, but now that Stonehill has beaten Brockton HS, UConn is waiting........ The Cs are going to face a team that is leaps and bounds better than the Knicks but somehow ignoring how much better the Heat are better than the Knicks means that they are somehow playing better and that the Heat are just another Knicks........ the Heat are ummm a team that finished behind them and a team that just complettely stomped them last time they played. The Cs offense really s ucks but everyone thinks that as long as they play their roles everything is fine..... the rude awakening starts over the weekend.... sorry. I think the Heat win in 7 but if the Cs win in 7 I will not be surprised but what I am saying is that the ability to just convert beating the Knicks easily means beating the Heat easily. Last time the Cs played the 6ers they lost, but somehow if the Cs beat a team missing 2 of its 3 best players mean that the Heat losing a game against debatably a better team than the Knicks it means that the Heat are worse.......
    Posted by TheDUDDER

no-one is suggesting that just because we swept the knicks we will sweep the heat or beat the heat easily.

offensively, the knicks are just as good as the heat, and harder to defend because their "big 3" are all good shooters, the heat's "big 3" are not. yet we held the knicks under 100 in every game and held them to 38% shooting for the series.

the key to this series is going inside. the miami big men are skinny and soft. KG, JO and baby need to be aggressive. if we get shaq back, that's an added bonus.

I pick the celtics in 6, because a game 7 road closeout is one of the hardest things to do in basketball.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In Response to Re: WHY WILL WADE GUARD RONDO? : Exactly.... why would anyone want to have an objective perspective....... Here is how I explained it to my stepfather that thinks that beating the Knicks without 2 of their 3 best players bodes well for the Cs..... He went to Stonehill College.... so this is how I explained it to him..... Stonehill beats Brockton High School 4 straight and Brockton HS was missing 2 of its 3 best players, but now that Stonehill has beaten Brockton HS, UConn is waiting........ The Cs are going to face a team that is leaps and bounds better than the Knicks but somehow ignoring how much better the Heat are better than the Knicks means that they are somehow playing better and that the Heat are just another Knicks........ the Heat are ummm a team that finished behind them and a team that just complettely stomped them last time they played. The Cs offense really s ucks but everyone thinks that as long as they play their roles everything is fine..... the rude awakening starts over the weekend.... sorry. I think the Heat win in 7 but if the Cs win in 7 I will not be surprised but what I am saying is that the ability to just convert beating the Knicks easily means beating the Heat easily. Last time the Cs played the 6ers they lost, but somehow if the Cs beat a team missing 2 of its 3 best players mean that the Heat losing a game against debatably a better team than the Knicks it means that the Heat are worse.......
    Posted by TheDUDDER

LOL. Yours is not an objective perspective. The heat are legitimate championship caliber team as are the Celtics, so it will be a tough matchup all around. However basketball is about matchups and the Celtics may matchup better with the Heat than any of the other championship caliber teams in the NBA. From Chicago, to L.A. to the Thunder.  good luck rooting for the Heat. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In Response to Re: WHY WILL WADE GUARD RONDO? : Here is Rondo's game.... stand at the top of the key and pound the ball into the floor and wait for one of his teammates to run their a ss off to get open even though Rondo is wide open. Then Rondo passes the ball to a hall of famer who can shoot and he gets an assist. Otherwise Rondo passes the ball off to one of his teammates and then runs and hides in the corner calling for the ball hoping beyond all hope that nobody passes him the ball because it would then require him to take a shot..... of course on BDC taking a shot is not something point guards do... so why should Rondo.... his teammates agree and that is why whenever he is calling for the ball he never ever gets it unless it is an absolute last case scenario... then he clangs a ball off the backboard or the side of the rim or an airball...... So immediately after the ball is out of his hands it is 4 against 5........ but that is really good because it ensures that the Cs have been unable to score more than 80 the last 3 games against the Bulls / Heat..... Good thing they are playing a lot better against a team that they beat 5 straight times that thinks that defense is an unconfirmed rumor as opposed to the best pf vs. pa team in the league. So playing an already bad team that happens to lose 2 of its 3 best players certainly sets up for a great series against a team that finished ahead of them.
    Posted by TheDUDDER

Amazing how he averaged over 19 points 12 assists and 7 rebounds just pounding the ball into the floor. Wish the rest of the team could do that so easily. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinnesotaCelticsFan. Show MinnesotaCelticsFan's posts

Dudder, is that the new Chicago math?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinnesotaCelticsFan. Show MinnesotaCelticsFan's posts

I seem to see a pattern to all of your posts -

It goes something like this -

Rondo suks.

The Celtics suk.

Chicago is great.

Thank you for your amazing insights.  How do you do it?

Sections
Shortcuts