Why win a game?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thomas_Paine. Show Thomas_Paine's posts

Why win a game?

Seriously?  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

Re: Why win a game?

Because Ainge failed to trade Bradley before the deadline. That, or Wic doesn't want to upset the season ticket holders.

Either is inexcuseable.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticelmo. Show celticelmo's posts

This season has been a joke and the win tonight set the Franchise back many years. It makes me sick watching the idioots walking around after the game like they just won Game 7 of the Finals. VERY DISAPPOINTING.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

Worse yet, we are playing Philly the game after next.  You've got to be concerned that there is a good possibility that we will be tied with the Lakers for the 5th worse record when it is all said and done.  So we could easily be picking 6th after the Lakers.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from vtfanofcs. Show vtfanofcs's posts

Why win a game?  Ooh Ooh Mr Kottear!  I know this one.  Because a game was played. 

DEAL WITH IT.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticelmo. Show celticelmo's posts

In response to scubber's comment:

Worse yet, we are playing Philly the game after next.  You've got to be concerned that there is a good possibility that we will be tied with the Lakers for the 5th worse record when it is all said and done.  So we could easily be picking 6th after the Lakers.

Oh Scubber, I was depressed enough but you are right on the money. I hope there is a trade in the works for pick. If not, it will be the same thing next year and I would assume for quite some time to come. Stevens does not realize this now but if this is how the chips fall, he can look back to this year when he is looking for another College job. And the Celts will be locked into another 20 year slow death.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

That is how some of us deal with it, by rationalizing how pointless the win was.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from vtfanofcs. Show vtfanofcs's posts

[QUOTE]

That is how some of us deal with it, by rationalizing how pointless the win was.

[/QUOTE]

Pointless.  I've seen the Celtics win game 7's and lose.  I want them to win because they are my favorite team.  The Celtic's will have ping pong balls. That's already a fact.  I hope they win that too.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

Worst thing about this season is Vitor Favorani's injury after a exciting 37 or so games and D League appearances. Like with Sullinger, it's frustrating to see a promising rookie only have half a rookie season ......good to see K OLY's bony body hold up for a whole NBA season and see Phil Pressey earn his paycheck with all the innngs he's eaten up this season....

2ND worst thing about this season was the inaction at the deadline......

Loving that there' s only 3 games left, nice win tonight, don't think there's going to be any 4 game winning streaks to end the season, Celtics are top 4 , possibly top 3.........

I like our chances on draft night with 2 #1 picks plus the $10.3M trade exception thing, betting on Ainge to cash in and be a player on draft night

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticelmo. Show celticelmo's posts

In response to vtfanofcs' comment:

[QUOTE]

Pointless.  I've seen the Celtics win game 7's and lose.  I want them to win because they are my favorite team.  The Celtic's will have ping pong balls. That's already a fact.  I hope they win that too.

[/QUOTE]

VT, I am not trying to be controversial here at all but the win was a loss. It is common knowledge that there are 3 gems in this draft {Embiid, Wiggins and Parker} who can turn a franchise around and this win cost the C's chances of winning the lottery by a bunch. You do not want to win anymore than any of us do but losing is for the greater good. And if you are old enough to live during the 20 year drought that followed Bird's Teams then you should know how much that suxed. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You are entitled to believe what ever you feel like but don't tell me it makes any bit of sense to me.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticelmo. Show celticelmo's posts

In response to Mployee8's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Danny managed to get the trainer to hold RR out tonight and possibly against the Cavs next game but Brad didn't do anything to help the cause ... namely Anthony over Hump.

Unless we get lucky with the ping pong balls the I can see Danny drafting a big (Randle, Vonleh or Gordon) for Minny to replace Love.

[/QUOTE]

I hope you are right Mployee8. That seems like the only route at this point. Celts are becoming that team that is a day late and a dollar short and if they think they are going to build through the draft without a Cornerstone player out of this draft, IMO they are sadly mistaken. They will be a liitle better next year so this was our chance to strike gold and we just stepped over a dollar to pick up a dime.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from vtfanofcs. Show vtfanofcs's posts

In response to celticelmo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

VT, I am not trying to be controversial here at all but the win was a loss. It is common knowledge that there are 3 gems in this draft {Embiid, Wiggins and Parker} who can turn a franchise around and this win cost the C's chances of winning the lottery by a bunch. You do not want to win anymore than any of us do but losing is for the greater good. And if you are old enough to live during the 20 year drought that followed Bird's Teams then you should know how much that suxed. 

[/QUOTE]

20 year drought.  Yeah, I was here before that. Celtic fan since Dave Cowens was a player.  When the ball goes up in the air, get it.  Let the chips fall where they may. 

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from vtfanofcs. Show vtfanofcs's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You are entitled to believe what ever you feel like but don't tell me it makes any bit of sense to me.

[/QUOTE]

Huh?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticelmo. Show celticelmo's posts

In response to mossad-did-911's comment:
    [QUOTE]

pitiful win. i'm most upset at the Bobcats who laid an egg vs a bad team with the 6th seed on the line. now they may have to face Indiana or Miami in round one as a 7th seed. and i hope that happens because they deserve it. 

[/QUOTE]

Yeah 911. It just made no sense at all. Come all this way to end up with nothing. I feel another 20 year drought on the way unelss Ainge can pull a rabbit out of his azz.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticelmo. Show celticelmo's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

20 year drought.  Yeah, I was here before that. Celtic fan since Dave Cowens was a player.  When the ball goes up in the air, get it.  Let the chips fall where they may. 

[/QUOTE]

if i had a cookie to give you, i would. the bottom line is that victories at this point in the season are pointless and counter productive. that's a fact.

[/QUOTE]

Yep, I guess I can admire his s p u n k but that is not going to get the C's anywhere but mediocre. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

if i had a cookie to give you, i would. the bottom line is that victories at this point in the season are pointless and counter productive. that's a fact.

[/QUOTE]

But he has been a fan since Cowens days, that should trump any facts or logic in the world.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from vtfanofcs. Show vtfanofcs's posts

I am aware that every MORON on the board will forever claim that the Celtics could have had whatever player turns out to be the best one if they had only lost a few more.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticelmo. Show celticelmo's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

But he has been a fan since Cowens days, that should trump any facts or logic in the world.

[/QUOTE]

+1     

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from vtfanofcs. Show vtfanofcs's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yep, I guess I can admire his s p u n k but that is not going to get the C's anywhere but mediocre. 

[/QUOTE]

What's wrong Elmo?  You challenge, for no reason, how long I have been a Celtic fan and then act badly when finding out that the answer is longer than you.  Perhaps, you should have the cookie Jr., I insist.