In response to vtfanofcs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to celticelmo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to scubber's comment:
    [QUOTE]

That is how some of us deal with it, by rationalizing how pointless the win was.

Pointless.  I've seen the Celtics win game 7's and lose.  I want them to win because they are my favorite team.  The Celtic's will have ping pong balls. That's already a fact.  I hope they win that too.

VT, I am not trying to be controversial here at all but the win was a loss. It is common knowledge that there are 3 gems in this draft {Embiid, Wiggins and Parker} who can turn a franchise around and this win cost the C's chances of winning the lottery by a bunch. You do not want to win anymore than any of us do but losing is for the greater good. And if you are old enough to live during the 20 year drought that followed Bird's Teams then you should know how much that suxed. 

[/QUOTE]

20 year drought.  Yeah, I was here before that. Celtic fan since Dave Cowens was a player.  When the ball goes up in the air, get it.  Let the chips fall where they may. 

[/QUOTE]

if i had a cookie to give you, i would. the bottom line is that victories at this point in the season are pointless and counter productive. that's a fact.

[/QUOTE]

Yep, I guess I can admire his s p u n k but that is not going to get the C's anywhere but mediocre. 

[/QUOTE]

What's wrong Elmo?  You challenge, for no reason, how long I have been a Celtic fan and then act badly when finding out that the answer is longer than you.

[/QUOTE]

No, not challenging YOU, just your opinion on how things are shaking out. I will not call you a moron either. You have your opinion but it really has no logic. That is all I am saying. And trust me, I am far longer than you ever thought of being. And you need to read ALL the posts. I was not the one that said I would give you a cookie...said I admired your S P U N K  but that was getting us no place but in a world of mediocracy. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

Re: Why win a game?

Annoying old Celtics fan bragging how much longer they have been Celtics fans, that is what we need more of.  I thought we are all on the same team?

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from vtfanofcs. Show vtfanofcs's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to mossad-did-911's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

That is how some of us deal with it, by rationalizing how pointless the win was.

[/QUOTE]

Pointless.  I've seen the Celtics win game 7's and lose.  I want them to win because they are my favorite team.  The Celtic's will have ping pong balls. That's already a fact.  I hope they win that too.

[/QUOTE]

VT, I am not trying to be controversial here at all but the win was a loss. It is common knowledge that there are 3 gems in this draft {Embiid, Wiggins and Parker} who can turn a franchise around and this win cost the C's chances of winning the lottery by a bunch. You do not want to win anymore than any of us do but losing is for the greater good. And if you are old enough to live during the 20 year drought that followed Bird's Teams then you should know how much that suxed. 

[/QUOTE]

20 year drought.  Yeah, I was here before that. Celtic fan since Dave Cowens was a player.  When the ball goes up in the air, get it.  Let the chips fall where they may. 

[/QUOTE]

if i had a cookie to give you, i would. the bottom line is that victories at this point in the season are pointless and counter productive. that's a fact.

[/QUOTE]

Yep, I guess I can admire his s p u n k but that is not going to get the C's anywhere but mediocre. 

[/QUOTE]

What's wrong Elmo?  You challenge, for no reason, how long I have been a Celtic fan and then act badly when finding out that the answer is longer than you.

[/QUOTE]

No, not challenging YOU, just your opinion on how things are shaking out. I will not call you a moron either. You have your opinion but it really has no logic. That is all I am saying. And trust me, I am far longer than you ever thought of being.

[/QUOTE]

If you want to put it that way, I am quite confident that "I am far longer than you ever thought of being."

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticelmo. Show celticelmo's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No, not challenging YOU, just your opinion on how things are shaking out. I will not call you a moron either. You have your opinion but it really has no logic. That is all I am saying. And trust me, I am far longer than you ever thought of being.

[/QUOTE]

If you want to put it that way, I am quite confident that "I am far longer than you ever thought of being."

[/QUOTE]

You need to read the posts as they were written dude. I said I admired your S P U N K but thought it was getting us nowhere but in a world of mediocracy. As for longness....well.....no need to comment. NO cooklie comment by me.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from vtfanofcs. Show vtfanofcs's posts

[QUOTE]

Annoying old Celtics fan bragging how much longer they have been Celtics fans, that is what we need more of.  I thought we are all on the same team?

[/QUOTE]

Scubby's jealous too.  Elmo challenges how long I have been a Celtics fan and I answer.  Which of course means Scubby gets mad because he is a pink hat.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Scubby's jealous too.  Elmo challenges how long I have been a Celtics fan and I answer.  Which of course means Scubby gets mad because he is a pink hat.

[/QUOTE]

There you go, for a second I thought you might have a chance to dissapoint me.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticelmo. Show celticelmo's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

the celtics just won why are you so upset? the playoffs are starting soon.

[/QUOTE]

LOL...the ball is going up in the air but the C's will not be going up to grab it. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticelmo. Show celticelmo's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

VT....Bro, I did not "challenge" your Celticism nor how long you have been a Celtic fan. Just said if you were old enough to remember those days, it was not fun. You set me straight on "how long" you were a Celtic fan and that is good. It now explains to me that you might be having a Senior Moment which I also understand.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticelmo. Show celticelmo's posts

In response to Mployee8's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

the celtics just won why are you so upset? the playoffs are starting soon.

[/QUOTE]

LOL...the ball is going up in the air but the C's will not be going up to grab it. 

[/QUOTE]

Hmmm ... That does suck and ruins the playoffs for me. I'll have to adopt Birdies team to stay somewhat connected ... Ouch!

[/QUOTE]

Yep, that was what I was thinking but the Pacers are headed downhill fast. Once the Lottery is completed, I do not want to think about the NBA until maybe some of those "Fireworks" go off.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from vtfanofcs. Show vtfanofcs's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Bro, I did not "challenge" your Celticism nor how long you have been a Celtic fan. Just said if you were old enough to remember those days, it was not fun. You set me straight on "how long" you were a Celtic fan and that is good. It now explains to me that you might be having a Senior Moment which I also understand.

[/QUOTE]

Not even close to being a senior, so I guess I can't be having "Senior Moment".  I guess that's just you having a Hissy Fit.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticelmo. Show celticelmo's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Bro, I did not "challenge" your Celticism nor how long you have been a Celtic fan. Just said if you were old enough to remember those days, it was not fun. You set me straight on "how long" you were a Celtic fan and that is good. It now explains to me that you might be having a Senior Moment which I also understand.

[/QUOTE]

Not even close to being a senior, so I guess I can't be having "Senior Moment".  I guess that's just you having a "D&m*a$s Moment"

[/QUOTE]

OK, you are correct and you win. Have a nice weekend and I will hope to have another Senior moment and forget this conversation.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thomas_Paine. Show Thomas_Paine's posts

[QUOTE]

I am aware that every MORON on the board will forever claim that the Celtics could have had whatever player turns out to be the best one if they had only lost a few more.

[/QUOTE]

I think you're the moron here.  If we had the #1 pick, we would be closer to getting a player who can make a difference.  Would you rather have P. Manning or R. Leaf?  Not only would you rather have Leaf, I think you'd like to be the Detroit Lions and be a team who barely misses the playoffs each year.  

Now that is super smart. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

Its called karma.  We tried the whole blatant tanking thing and both times we got screwed. This time we played hard all season.

"The Celtics have now played a whopping 48 games that were within five points in the final minutes (that's a whopping 60.8 percent of the team's season schedule). That's tied for the second-highest total of such contests in the league, but Boston's .313 winning percentage (15-33) is second-worst behind only basement-dwelling Milwaukee (.231)."

I understand odds and %s. But what most fail to realize is at the end of the day you STILL have to get lucky. If you have the 3rd worst record YOUR odds are that you DONT GET A TOP 3 PICK. (42%)

Obv the cs cant do worse than 3rd and even then your still not likely to get a top 3 pick.

The way the lotto is set up is exactly that a lottery. If they gave more %s to the worst teams that would even cause more tanking. Then I would agree that yesterdays win was a "bad" thing.

But by playing the game the right way maybe the celtics have created some good karma and they will be rewarded.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticGreenLP. Show CelticGreenLP's posts

It's not really about the chances of getting the top pick that are important, it's the chances of how bad your pick can be.  4th worst record and the worst you could do is 7th, 5th=8th, 6th=9th.  We already saw this happen in 2007.  If we win against the 76rs and lose a coin flip we could end up with the 9th pick. That would be a true disaster.  Forget about any chance at an all-star player at that point.  This draft is top heavy, not deep.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from vtfanofcs. Show vtfanofcs's posts

In response to Thomas_Paine's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I am aware that every MORON on the board will forever claim that the Celtics could have had whatever player turns out to be the best one if they had only lost a few more.

[/QUOTE]

I think you're the moron here.  If we had the #1 pick, we would be closer to getting a player who can make a difference.  Would you rather have P. Manning or R. Leaf?  Not only would you rather have Leaf, I think you'd like to be the Detroit Lions and be a team who barely misses the playoffs each year.  

Now that is super smart. 

[/QUOTE]

I guess you live in a fantasy world.  Your fake made up arguments resemble those of a 2-yr old.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsFanInNH. Show CeltsFanInNH's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Danny managed to get the trainer to hold RR out tonight and possibly against the Cavs next game but Brad didn't do anything to help the cause ... namely Anthony over Hump.

Unless we get lucky with the ping pong balls the I can see Danny drafting a big (Randle, Vonleh or Gordon) for Minny to replace Love.

[/QUOTE]

I hope you are right Mployee8. That seems like the only route at this point. Celts are becoming that team that is a day late and a dollar short and if they think they are going to build through the draft without a Cornerstone player out of this draft, IMO they are sadly mistaken. They will be a liitle better next year so this was our chance to strike gold and we just stepped over a dollar to pick up a dime.

[/QUOTE]

Exactly ... that's why I never fell for the "build thru the draft" nonsense. Which one of these top 4-5 players can be banked upon as "cornerstones?"  I don't see any sure bets ... maybe one or two pan out in 2-4 years but who needs to wait that long if you can get Love or another superstar now. And Lord knows they have no intention in doing this again ... Especially with Brad at the helm. Sitting back with cocktail in hand and steak on the barbie waiting to see the fireworks display ... Cheers!

[/QUOTE]

So another franchise is going to trade us an allstar for one of these non sure bet cornerstones? 

Maybe Minnesota ? Love is a good player but, did he bring his team close to the playoffs ?  They're 7 game back Of the last spot. Love is a step in the right direction but, if you give up too much for him you're stuck in mediocrity. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from vtfanofcs. Show vtfanofcs's posts

In response to CeltsFanInNH's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Danny managed to get the trainer to hold RR out tonight and possibly against the Cavs next game but Brad didn't do anything to help the cause ... namely Anthony over Hump.

Unless we get lucky with the ping pong balls the I can see Danny drafting a big (Randle, Vonleh or Gordon) for Minny to replace Love.

[/QUOTE]

I hope you are right Mployee8. That seems like the only route at this point. Celts are becoming that team that is a day late and a dollar short and if they think they are going to build through the draft without a Cornerstone player out of this draft, IMO they are sadly mistaken. They will be a liitle better next year so this was our chance to strike gold and we just stepped over a dollar to pick up a dime.

[/QUOTE]

Exactly ... that's why I never fell for the "build thru the draft" nonsense. Which one of these top 4-5 players can be banked upon as "cornerstones?"  I don't see any sure bets ... maybe one or two pan out in 2-4 years but who needs to wait that long if you can get Love or another superstar now. And Lord knows they have no intention in doing this again ... Especially with Brad at the helm. Sitting back with cocktail in hand and steak on the barbie waiting to see the fireworks display ... Cheers!

[/QUOTE]

So another franchise is going to trade us an allstar for one of these non sure bet cornerstones? 

Maybe Minnesota ? Love is a good player but, did he bring his team close to the playoffs ?  They're 7 game back Of the last spot. Love is a step in the right direction but, if you give up too much for him you're stuck in mediocrity. 

[/QUOTE]

Minnesota tanked for years.  They have been horrible.  Now they have made it to mediocrity.  Even letting a couple of free agents walk, Minny will be over the salary cap going into the off-season.  Unless they get lucky in the lottery, after not tanking, they will likely draft 13. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

In response to CeltsFanInNH's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Actually, kevin love has NEVER made the playoffs. Offensive only bigs are overrated in this league. Kevin love is not that much better than big al, who is on his 4th teams now. A guy who can get you 20 and 10 but provides no defense.  What is the benefit of putting up 20 if you give up 20 on the other end?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

I've been watching and listening to this team's games since 1960...I shared season tickets with my brother for years in both the old Garden and the TD Garden...no one here can tell me that what they did last night was the absolute dumbest thing they've done all year...hands down the dumbest...there are times when you win by losing and lose by winning...this was one of those times...

If this was the middle of the season, I'd say, yeah, fight your butts off and do everything you can to win, to set the tone for the future because we know we suck and we will only get better by trying hard against good teams and by getting better players....well, that was 40 games ago...there are 4 games left...NOTHING can be taught in the final 4 games that shouldn't already been learned..period...They fought the good fight and have nothing to be ashamed of...until now...until they have declared themselves idiots before the world...and that's what they are right now...IDIOTS!

Get over that!

Be smart at the right time...it's also a very valuable lesson to learn...they obviously haven't learned that.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from vtfanofcs. Show vtfanofcs's posts

In response to mellymel3's comment:

I've been watching and listening to this team's games since 1960...I shared season tickets with my brother for years in both the old Garden and the TD Garden...no one here can tell me that what they did last night was the absolute dumbest thing they've done all year...hands down the dumbest...there are times when you win by losing and lose by winning...this was one of those times...

If this was the middle of the season, I'd say, yeah, fight your butts off and do everything you can to win, to set the tone for the future because we know we suck and we will only get better by trying hard against good teams and by getting better players....well, that was 40 games ago...there are 4 games left...NOTHING can be taught in the final 4 games that shouldn't already been learned..period...They fought the good fight and have nothing to be ashamed of...until now...until they have declared themselves idiots before the world...and that's what they are right now...IDIOTS!

Get over that!

Be smart at the right time...it's also a very valuable lesson to learn...they obviously haven't learned that.

The Celtics play, I root for them to win.  Get over it.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Get over that!

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Dude...where have you been during all these games...root for them all you want, but the people you see here posting have been on these games threads night in and night out....I haven't seen your screen name here in ages...that doesn't mean you don't root for the green...I'm sure you do...but if you were one of the "we're getting into the playoffs this year" folks, you were quite wrong...if that's you, your right to root is as good as anyone else here...you judgement about the team and what it should do isn't...established fact if that's the case...if not, no offense meant...root on, and I'm with you....I just want them to lose the last few games they have...they can only lose by winning at this point.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thomas_Paine. Show Thomas_Paine's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Get over that!

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I am baffled by the fact that you can't understand simple logic.  You must not know what sacrifice is.  By losing one game, you have a better chance of landing a player who could potentially be a factor in winning hundreds more.

"Moving back instead of forward seems to be absurd."

-Eye of the Beholder

Metallica, 1988