1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

Re: Why win a game?

In response to Thomas_Paine's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to vtfanofcs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to mellymel3's comment:

[QUOTE]

I've been watching and listening to this team's games since 1960...I shared season tickets with my brother for years in both the old Garden and the TD Garden...no one here can tell me that what they did last night was the absolute dumbest thing they've done all year...hands down the dumbest...there are times when you win by losing and lose by winning...this was one of those times...

If this was the middle of the season, I'd say, yeah, fight your butts off and do everything you can to win, to set the tone for the future because we know we suck and we will only get better by trying hard against good teams and by getting better players....well, that was 40 games ago...there are 4 games left...NOTHING can be taught in the final 4 games that shouldn't already been learned..period...They fought the good fight and have nothing to be ashamed of...until now...until they have declared themselves idiots before the world...and that's what they are right now...IDIOTS!

Get over that!

Be smart at the right time...it's also a very valuable lesson to learn...they obviously haven't learned that.

[/QUOTE]
      The Celtics play, I root for them to win.  Get over it.

[/QUOTE]

I am baffled by the fact that you can't understand simple logic.  You must not know what sacrifice is.  By losing one game, you have a better chance of landing a player who could potentially be a factor in winning hundreds more.

"Moving back instead of forward seems to be absurd."

-Eye of the Beholder

Metallica, 1988

[/QUOTE]

The original Paine would most definitely been a Metallica fan as well!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Relax, the worst record has gotten the first pick 2x since 1990,the 3rd 7x,the 5th 4x and 6th 3x. The worst we can finish is 7th if we win out I think, the 7th worst has won the 1st as many times as the worst has since 1990. You want our young players finising strong and players we wat to trade will have better value the better they play. That's we want to win games,geeez. It's called a lottery and not a ranking for nothing.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thomas_Paine. Show Thomas_Paine's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I've been watching and listening to this team's games since 1960...I shared season tickets with my brother for years in both the old Garden and the TD Garden...no one here can tell me that what they did last night was the absolute dumbest thing they've done all year...hands down the dumbest...there are times when you win by losing and lose by winning...this was one of those times...

If this was the middle of the season, I'd say, yeah, fight your butts off and do everything you can to win, to set the tone for the future because we know we suck and we will only get better by trying hard against good teams and by getting better players....well, that was 40 games ago...there are 4 games left...NOTHING can be taught in the final 4 games that shouldn't already been learned..period...They fought the good fight and have nothing to be ashamed of...until now...until they have declared themselves idiots before the world...and that's what they are right now...IDIOTS!

Get over that!

Be smart at the right time...it's also a very valuable lesson to learn...they obviously haven't learned that.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I am baffled by the fact that you can't understand simple logic.  You must not know what sacrifice is.  By losing one game, you have a better chance of landing a player who could potentially be a factor in winning hundreds more.

"Moving back instead of forward seems to be absurd."

-Eye of the Beholder

Metallica, 1988

[/QUOTE]

The original Paine would most definitely been a Metallica fan as well!

[/QUOTE]

Lol, I like it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

sure now they do this...lol

Rondo, Bayless, Sullinger all out Saturday

Rajon Rondo (bruised left shin) will sit out again on Saturday.

Jerryd Bayless (knee) is also out of commission, which leaves plenty of minutes in the backcourt for Avery Bradley and Phil Pressey. With only two games left on the schedule, on Monday and Wednesday, the Celtics may be tempted to simply shut down Rondo, but for now he's considered day-to-day.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from vtfanofcs. Show vtfanofcs's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Get over that!

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Dude...where have you been during all these games...root for them all you want, but the people you see here posting have been on these games threads night in and night out....I haven't seen your screen name here in ages...that doesn't mean you don't root for the green...I'm sure you do...but if you were one of the "we're getting into the playoffs this year" folks, you were quite wrong...if that's you, your right to root is as good as anyone else here...you judgement about the team and what it should do isn't...established fact if that's the case...if not, no offense meant...root on, and I'm with you....I just want them to lose the last few games they have...they can only lose by winning at this point.

[/QUOTE]

I root for the Celtics every game no matter what.  If people want to pretend that it is my fault if the C's lose some ping pong balls then they have a screw loose.

If people think they need to explain to me how the lottery works, I can't help that either.  They don't.  And they have no reason to think they do.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Actually it is pretty logical to play your young players and your bench a lot this time of year to see what they've got.  You already know about your starters'' If that is tanking so be it  Several starters did not begin for Sox and Yanks today and the seasdon is just beginning

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Get over that!

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Dude...where have you been during all these games...root for them all you want, but the people you see here posting have been on these games threads night in and night out....I haven't seen your screen name here in ages...that doesn't mean you don't root for the green...I'm sure you do...but if you were one of the "we're getting into the playoffs this year" folks, you were quite wrong...if that's you, your right to root is as good as anyone else here...you judgement about the team and what it should do isn't...established fact if that's the case...if not, no offense meant...root on, and I'm with you....I just want them to lose the last few games they have...they can only lose by winning at this point.

[/QUOTE]

I root for the Celtics every game no matter what.  If people want to pretend that it is my fault if the C's lose some ping pong balls then they have a screw loose.

If people think they need to explain to me how the lottery works, I can't help that either.  They don't.  And they have no reason to think they do.

[/QUOTE]

Don't be paranoid...I don't recall anyone "blaming" you for the celtics winning...relax dudenik...it's all good...try decaf next time!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from vtfanofcs. Show vtfanofcs's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I am aware that every MORON on the board will forever claim that the Celtics could have had whatever player turns out to be the best one if they had only lost a few more.

[/QUOTE]

I think you're the moron here.  If we had the #1 pick, we would be closer to getting a player who can make a difference.  Would you rather have P. Manning or R. Leaf?  Not only would you rather have Leaf, I think you'd like to be the Detroit Lions and be a team who barely misses the playoffs each year.  

Now that is super smart. 

[/QUOTE]

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from fbombfury. Show fbombfury's posts

Don't look now, but here come the Lake Show in a virtural tie for 3rd worst record in the league.  Boston, Utah, Orlando and LA all within a game or so of that spot.  The draft selection process will be very interesting! 

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsFanInNH. Show CeltsFanInNH's posts

In response to Fiercy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Mployee

Everybody knows you're anti-tank.

But you jumped on the tankapalooza bandwagon when the Magic and Celts were tied for the 3rd worst record.

Now that the Celts are most probably out of the top 5, you immediately jump off the tankapalooza bandwagon.

DUH!!!

[/QUOTE]

Sounds like Mployee is off the Tank bandwagon again so I'm guessing the Cs lose the last two games. Then one more year of 82 games and the Cs can look forward to winning again.

If Rondo is traded next year will be as fun as this year. If they trade for Love then you're looking at a 40-45 win team.

Thoughts?

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts