Why would Ray?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

Re: Why would Ray?

In Response to Re: Why would Ray?:
    In Response to Re: Why would Ray? : Yep, that's how Red rolls and will be back after the coast is clear.  lol
    Posted by kobedaman

Same story, different day.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

I'm a little late on this post ..but Ray does have an issue about warming up. As we get older it takes us longer to get the heart rate up which is good because to peak your heart rate early makes  for a  "start fast.. finish slow" operation.
    Dennis Rodman used to ride an excercise bike when he sat down to keep him "spun up"..maybe Ray (the great one!!) should consider that. He is a force whether starting or off the bench.  IMO  Go Ray!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Why would Ray? : Man, what are YOU talking about?   Ray has lost NONE of his class and is the consumate professional.  He's more classy than all the Ray bashers on this board.  The guy goes to Doc and actually says "let me take the pressure off you.....I'll not start if its good for the team", but he has lost some of his class? what are you guys smoking?
    Posted by Celtsfan4life

What the heck are you smoking?  Obviously you only pick and chose which articles you want to refer to.  I read one statement where he said " i will come off the bench if it makes our offense better"  another time he was talking to reporter about coming off the bench and it was brought up the look on his face about coming off the bench wasn't sincere.  More of a "are you joking" looks. First off I don't think anyone knows exactly how the 6th man went down. Doc saying what he said sure makes it look like it was Ray's doing. The articles I read suggest otherwise.   Looks like maybe I read more about it than you. I didn't say anything that bad about Ray. Take a Chill pill and relax a little bit.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In Response to Re: Why would Ray? : Read the article, Pud.  I didn't pick up that Ray is unhappy coming off the bench.  I read that this is a guy who still has fire and wants to play at a high enough level that he's a starter.   I like that fire in him.   That's what attitude all hall of famers have.  They don't DESIRE to be sixth man, they DESIRE to start.   I like that.    Its up to Danny and Doc to help him believe that this is the better contribution given his talents.  
    Posted by Celtsfan4life

Management has had years to prepare Ray for this transition... and they obviously are not on the same page because they have not put the skunk on the table.

The notion management put out that RA came to doc and asked to come off the bench for the good of the team.... is about as unlikely as if management said that Leon asked not to be resigned after he got hurt... because it would put the team at a financial disadvantage.

These things do not happen in the real world. Management spins furiously trying to keep from looking bad.

Pud

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: Why would Ray? : What the heck are you smoking?  Obviously you only pick and chose which articles you want to refer to.  I read one statement where he said " i will come off the bench if it makes our offense better"  another time he was talking to reporter about coming off the bench and it was brought up the look on his face about coming off the bench wasn't sincere.  More of a "are you joking" looks. First off I don't think anyone knows exactly how the 6th man went down. Doc saying what he said sure makes it look like it was Ray's doing. The articles I read suggest otherwise.   Looks like maybe I read more about it than you. I didn't say anything that bad about Ray. Take a Chill pill and relax a little bit.
    Posted by OneOnOne

You're the one who might want to take a chill pill.  I'm enjoying my team.  You're worried about minute stuff like what the press is telling you.   You're right about who knows what was said - but to say Ray has lost his class....that's where you're smoking dope, buddy.

Watch the game and try to get out of the heads of the players.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: Why would Ray? : Management has had years to prepare Ray for this transition... and they obviously are not on the same page because they have not put the skunk on the table. The notion management put out that RA came to doc and asked to come off the bench for the good of the team.... is about as unlikely as if management said that Leon asked not to be resigned after he got hurt... because it would put the team at a financial disadvantage. These things do not happen in the real world. Management spins furiously trying to keep from looking bad. Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin

Love the conspiracy theory.   Keep it coming.   The FBI killed JFK, too.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: Why would Ray? : You're the one who might want to take a chill pill.  I'm enjoying my team.  You're worried about minute stuff like what the press is telling you.   You're right about who knows what was said - but to say Ray has lost his class....that's where you're smoking dope, buddy. Watch the game and try to get out of the heads of the players.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life

Dude you don't enjoy your team one bit more than I do.  I simply stated a opinion and you asked what I am smoking.  Now I am smoking dope? You watch the game and if you don't agree with someone just disagree without insulting someone.  No need to smart off. For the record I don't think I have made it into any players heads. One more note i bet if we went back and looked at posts you have more negative stuff about the C's than I do.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyCelt2. Show KyCelt2's posts

In Response to Re: Why would Ray? : Dude you don't enjoy your team one bit more than I do.  I simply stated a opinion and you asked what I am smoking.  Now I am smoking dope? You watch the game and if you don't agree with someone just disagree without insulting someone.  No need to smart off. For the record I don't think I have made it into any players heads. One more note i bet if we went back and looked at posts you have more negative stuff about the C's than I do.
    Posted by OneOnOne

You would lose that bet, Celticfan4life's glass is not half full, it's all the way full. Makes me sick at times, but he is the most postive poster on the board!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: Why would Ray? :  You would lose that bet, Celticfan4life's glass is not half full, it's all the way full. Makes me sick at times, but he is the most postive poster on the board!!
    Posted by KyCelt2

OK look em up. Didn't say he wasn't a positive poster.  Matter of fact i like most of his posts.  You won't find many neg things on my part.  So look away.  What are you just to instigate something? 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyCelt2. Show KyCelt2's posts

In Response to Re: Why would Ray? : OK look em up. Didn't say he wasn't a positive poster.  Matter of fact i like most of his posts.  You won't find many neg things on my part.  So look away.  What are you just to instigate something? 
    Posted by OneOnOne

No, just stating a fact!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In Response to Re: Why would Ray? :  You would lose that bet, Celticfan4life's glass is not half full, it's all the way full. Makes me sick at times, but he is the most postive poster on the board!!
    Posted by KyCelt2

Certainly not. I've had him/her on IGNORE for the longest time. Now I remember why.

Pud

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyCelt2. Show KyCelt2's posts

In Response to Re: Why would Ray? : Certainly not. I've had him/her on IGNORE for the longest time. Now I remember why. Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin

You're a close second!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: Why would Ray? :  No, just stating a fact!!
    Posted by KyCelt2

Fact is you want to instigate something.  Go fight with your wife.  Not happening with me.  Bye.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

In Response to Why would Ray?:
    Don't understand why Ray can't accept the sixth man role.  Many great C's have been there done that.  Some of the comments I have read makes me believe he doesn't like it at all. Doc says it doesn't matter to players..  He is obviously wrong IMO.  This could prolong RA's career and he could still average 14 pts a game and probably get more shots than he has got since he came to Boston. His comment about as long as the offense is better bothered me.  Hate to say it but I think I read our offense has been better with him off the bench, and probably the bench has been better.  Sounds like a no brainer to me.  Seems like Ray may have lost a little of that class we have alway talked about with hiim.  Sure would like to keep him around in the Hondo tradition.
    Posted by OneOnOne

What the heck are you talking about? Quit listenig to the little voices in your head.They are not your friends.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Why would Ray? : What the heck are you talking about? Quit listenig to the little voices in your head.They are not your friends.
    Posted by jrleftfoot

Those little voices are telling me not to read your posts.  Not sure If i will listen or not.  If you don't like mine feel free to ignore.  No harm in that.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

In Response to Re: Why would Ray? : Dude you don't enjoy your team one bit more than I do.  I simply stated a opinion and you asked what I am smoking.  Now I am smoking dope? You watch the game and if you don't agree with someone just disagree without insulting someone.  No need to smart off. For the record I don't think I have made it into any players heads. One more note i bet if we went back and looked at posts you have more negative stuff about the C's than I do.
    Posted by OneOnOne

Maybe you should start smoking.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: Why would Ray? : Maybe you should start smoking.
    Posted by jrleftfoot

Ok I can play your game.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyCelt2. Show KyCelt2's posts

In Response to Re: Why would Ray? : Ok I can play your game.
    Posted by OneOnOne

You have to admit, this is not one of your better threads!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from great-1957. Show great-1957's posts

In response to "Re: Why would Ray?":
    In Response to Re: Why would Ray? : Frank Ramsey and Hondo and Paul Silas among others certainly deserved respect as Celtic's 6th men... and they got it. Ray can  follow in their footsteps if he so chooses... and it he doesn't, he will likely be moving to another team. His choice. I hope he realizes that he would be in wonderful company if he stays. Pud Posted by puddinpuddin
    You got the use of the word "RESPECT" all wrong. I said that Ray Allen deserves our respect for speaking his heart out, for simply being Ray Allen and the type of professional / HOF athlete that he is. Your use of respect is muddled, twisted to put it bluntly.

Sections
Shortcuts