why wouldn't we want to keep humphries' expiring contract?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

why wouldn't we want to keep humphries' expiring contract?

i can see wanting to dump wallace's horrible contract, though we probably can't do so without giving up rondo. but why would we want to dump an expiring deal like humpries has? won't that help us next year? i'm probably overlooking something.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Re: why wouldn't we want to keep humphries' expiring contract?

I think it's time to let Bass go............he's shown what he can do..........I'm not sure what the attraction to keeping this guy is. He doesn't stand out.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

I agree on Lee too..........complimentary piece. Not sure if it was DR or him last year but he just disappeared at the end of the year.

I think both of these guys are limited talent.....might work better for them to be surrounded by better talent.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

I think we 're better served getting players or picks with Humptys contract, there are teams out there that would be willing to give up some talent for his expiring contract . Wallace can still play even if he had a down year last season and if he starts out playing well he maybe easy to move at the deadline. Bass,when you look at other players contracts isn't really a bad contract and he is a good consistent player. We don't even know what style of plaYy Stevens will be running. I think wity our personel pressure and up tempo is the style I think is best suited for our roster.  We can't move any of the players until September anyway,which is going to seem like 6 months iinstead of 2.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hops29. Show hops29's posts

Getting rid of Humphries for me is less about the contract and more about the fact that he is NOT a Celtic!  It would make me sick to see him in the proud green uni.  Purely an emotional response but there isn't another player in the league I would hate to see on the team more than this guy!  Complete cheap shot punk, laughs in guys faces when SOMEONE ELSE on his team gets a dunk (classless), way overpaid for his 5pts 6rebs a game production! 

If he does play for us I hope he gets booed every time he enters the game...Even AT HOME!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickrand3. Show rickrand3's posts

In response to hops29's comment:

Getting rid of Humphries for me is less about the contract and more about the fact that he is NOT a Celtic!  It would make me sick to see him in the proud green uni.  Purely an emotional response but there isn't another player in the league I would hate to see on the team more than this guy!  Complete cheap shot punk, laughs in guys faces when SOMEONE ELSE on his team gets a dunk (classless), way overpaid for his 5pts 6rebs a game production! 

If he does play for us I hope he gets booed every time he enters the game...Even AT HOME!

see your point but I think if Humpty is getting double doubles everynight for the C's he won't get booed at all!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hops29. Show hops29's posts

He averaged 5 and 6 last year, and if he stays he will be competing with Bass, Sully, and Olynyk for time.  If you were the coach who would you put in?  

He's not dropping double doubles this year unless Sully and Olynyk are hurt or in the doghouse.  If that's the case the Celts are doubly screwed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to kaktug's comment:

[QUOTE]

i can see wanting to dump wallace's horrible contract, though we probably can't do so without giving up rondo. but why would we want to dump an expiring deal like humpries has? won't that help us next year? i'm probably overlooking something.

Yes and no.

There's no correct answer.

IMO, Celts can keep Humphries if they get rid of Bass.

What's bad is if the Celts keep Bass and Humphries. 

The Celts already have Sully and Oly. Having Bass and Humphries on the team is a waste of money.

[/QUOTE]

That is very true if beforehand we have the cap room and later on acquire these redundant and mediocre players.  We have what we have now, we can't just get rid of them and get cap room without getting other bad salary back, at least not without some help from teams with cap room or TPE.  But that is not going to happen, who the hell wants these overpaid players to be on their payroll and fill their cap space?  Barring some generous teams taking on these guys contract, I think it is yes we want to keep Humphries contract.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hops29. Show hops29's posts

In response to scubber's comment:

In response to Fierce34's comment:

[QUOTE]

In response to kaktug's comment:

[QUOTE]

Yes and no.

There's no correct answer.

IMO, Celts can keep Humphries if they get rid of Bass.

What's bad is if the Celts keep Bass and Humphries. 

The Celts already have Sully and Oly. Having Bass and Humphries on the team is a waste of money.

[/QUOTE]

That is very true if beforehand we have the cap room and later on acquire these redundant and mediocre players.  We have what we have now, we can't just get rid of them and get cap room without getting other bad salary back, at least not without some help from teams with cap room or TPE.  But that is not going to happen, who the hell wants these overpaid players to be on their payroll and fill their cap space?  Barring some generous teams taking on these guys contract, I think it is yes we want to keep Humphries contract.

[/QUOTE]

Totally agree, except for "yes we want to keep Humphries". Nobody wants to keep him, we will just be forced to keep him, there aren't any other options.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

Yes, keep Humphries.

And use his expiring money plus the TE to sign a big free agent next summer.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Big j. Show Big j's posts

they should play bass wallace and humphries for the first 20 plus games and try to deal them off then play the rookies 20 minutes a night they need the value for these players to rise a bit so we can get rid of them 

Boston Celtics, and Bruins fan till i die!

Anything is possible!!! -- kevin garnett

If we Go down we go down fighting --Brad marchard

one hundred thirty-four years ago yesterday, a bunch of rag-tag farmers stood up against the greatest fighting force in the world. And today school children in Massachusetts have Patriot's Day off because of that. Well, a bunch of modern-day Bostonians have turned back Hockey's royalty and they have sent their faithful on a redcoated retreat through the exits. It's 4-2 Bruins, --- Jack edwards

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

In response to MelWitt's comment:

Gert rid of this guy asap...Mr. Kim Krudazzian

I think you've spotted Biggie T's tomb...

20. This post has been removed.