Wiggins getting exposed

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Wiggins getting exposed

just two points so far with 9 minutes left in the 2nd half.  These HS all americans aren't quit ready for the NBA.  Maybe they should do a stint in the D-League to see how ready they are.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

Re: Wiggins getting exposed

In response to jdm894g's comment:

just two points so far with 9 minutes left in the 2nd half.  These HS all americans aren't quit ready for the NBA.  Maybe they should do a stint in the D-League to see how ready they are.

It seems to me that the entire draft is being exposed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

In response to 37stories' comment:

In response to jdm894g's comment:

It seems to me that the entire draft is being exposed.

Maybe it will turn out good that we won't have top 3 picks.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Kansas loses, leaving the Embiid question mark.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Number6Fan. Show Number6Fan's posts

I think the lesson we're learning from this year's tournament is that there are a lot of over-hyped young players who could use another year or two or three in college to keep learning the game.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

I think think Wiggins will be a great player. Not Lebron or Durant, but he has the potential to be a top 5 wing in the league. 

Say what you want, but Wiggins did get a couple clutch steals during the game. He has the potential to be a great defender. My only fear is that he remains inconsistent as Jeff Green. But lets be real, this is a kid. He will continue to get better. He is still a top 3 pick in the draft. Same with Parker.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

The best thing that could happen for the Celtics now would be Kentucky to win the tournement on Randle's back, vaulting him back into the top 3 discussion.

Randle is not going to be a star in the NBA, but he may trick a team into selecting him 3rd or 4th overall. Exum also being a 3/4th pick, may, may push Parker to 5th for the Celtics.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

I really wanted to see more of Jabari Parker(Duke), Andrew Wiggens & Embiid(injured) both Kansas all out of the tournament. They are all freshman & I recommend they stay in college at least another year.

And I do as mentioned in above post like Chasson Randle and I believe he will stay in college, Stanford, another year as he is a junior.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to SFBostonFan's comment:

I really wanted to see more of Jabari Parker(Duke), Andrew Wiggens & Embiid(injured) both Kansas all out of the tournament. They are all freshman & I recommend they stay in college at least another year.

And I do as mentioned in above post like Chasson Randle and I believe he will stay in college, Stanford, another year as he is a junior.

Yeah...so it might be the year to package draft choices and a player or two for a solid NBA star to build around

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

jeff green 2.0 im telling you

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

wiggins only took 6 shots...he needs to get the ball more...just like randle.. he needs to shoot more..

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

That game cost him millions. Fair or not he looked weak on the big stage.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shamrock1000. Show shamrock1000's posts

This is hilarious. All the experts and non-experts kept saying with absolute assurance this draft was special. I honestly never understood how some folks seemed so sure about wiggins, Parker, or embiid, never mind exum. unless you are a professional scout, there is just no way to have seen enough of these guys to speak with certainty. Instead, people just kept repeating the same unfounded conclusions.. Writers are as guilty as us fans on this., but the whole thing what shows what a crapshoot the draft is....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

Not if he is top 3 pick anyway, it would only cost him if he drops.  His next contract after rookie contract will be based on how he plays at the next level.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to scubber's comment:

Not if he is top 3 pick anyway, it would only cost him if he drops.  His next contract after rookie contract will be based on how he plays at the next level.

If this game makes him one pick lower in the draft it will cost him millions.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxcodyfxx. Show xxcodyfxx's posts

BUST Jeff Green just like at Georgetown, we have an older wiggins already!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

because of one game? the guy was the best of all three draft picks mentioned here in this board during their stay in the tournament. Far from Jeff Green, this guy can finish..He is just a kid...I saw Randle against Wichita and all I can say is ..meh...having said this, I think is hard to find a Lebron, a Garnett, a Kobe, Jordan, a Bird for that matter. Those players are transcendental once every 10  years or so... I think we are all aware of that, arent we??? plus out of recent previous top picks, how many have won a championship??..

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

I started a thread some time ago wondering what it was that made people drool over Wiggins...He seemed a respectable, inconsistent average player..  It was made out like he was the next superstar coming out of college..

By the way, Rondo is garbage

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsFanInNH. Show CeltsFanInNH's posts

In response to cabutan's comment:

because of one game? the guy was the best of all three draft picks mentioned here in this board during their stay in the tournament. Far from Jeff Green, this guy can finish..He is just a kid...I saw Randle against Wichita and all I can say is ..meh...having said this, I think is hard to find a Lebron, a Garnett, a Kobe, Jordan, a Bird for that matter. Those players are transcendental once every 10  years or so... I think we are all aware of that, arent we??? plus out of recent previous top picks, how many have won a championship??..

Take a look a Kobe's first two years in the league. They weren't anything special. Garnett took two years to get rolling. Jordan had 3 years at NC under a great coach before he came pro. Bird had 4+ years at Indiana and Indiana Stare before he came in the league. 

It it takes time and hard work to be an NBA star. You guys are crazy if you were a GM and passed on any of Embiid, Parker , or Wiggins. The only reason would be if you're in a win now mode. The Cs are not so I'm sure Danny would take them if he has the option. He's not playing his hand yet. Hopefully, the other GMs will get nervous and pass on them for us though. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to CeltsFanInNH's comment:

In response to cabutan's comment:

Take a look a Kobe's first two years in the league. They weren't anything special. Garnett took two years to get rolling. Jordan had 3 years at NC under a great coach before he came pro. Bird had 4+ years at Indiana and Indiana Stare before he came in the league. 

It it takes time and hard work to be an NBA star. You guys are crazy if you were a GM and passed on any of Embiid, Parker , or Wiggins. The only reason would be if you're in a win now mode. The Cs are not so I'm sure Danny would take them if he has the option. He's not playing his hand yet. Hopefully, the other GMs will get nervous and pass on them for us though. 

His biggest weakness in scouting reports is that he lacks aggression on offense.  He looked weak on a big stage.

You can't measure heart.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

In response to scubber's comment:

If this game makes him one pick lower in the draft it will cost him millions.

None of the top 3 did well, I think this game has no effect.  It is all mostly about potentials for these guys, maybe less so for Jabari since he has been the most consistent of the three.

Sections
Shortcuts