Wilcox, Avery and Pavlo make 5.75 million... what big can we trade them for?

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrade. Show notrade's posts

Re: Wilcox, Avery and Pavlo make 5.75 million... what big can we trade them for?

There isn't a center available,besides Howard who can make them title contenders.
    They are too old ,and there is no use trying to put a band aid on a bullet hole.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajorMajor. Show MajorMajor's posts

Re: Wilcox, Avery and Pavlo make 5.75 million... what big can we trade them for?

Didn't the Celtics sign Wilcox using the MLE? If that's the case he can't be traded.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Why trade Wilcox?

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

First of all, it doesn't matter how much three guys make, it matters how good they are. These three guys are scrubs right now and no team wants to waste 5.75 million to get them. 

I'm not sure you should throw the towel in on Wilcox yet either, he hasn't played much. 

I don't see Ainge making further roster changes, barring injury he'll be looking for chemistry at this point rather than shaking things up further.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 21st. Show 21st's posts

Nobody wants Pavlo and Avery. Scrubs is the right word to describe them.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

why would we want to trade wilcox? wilcox will be better than JON qtr threw the season..we will need wilcox.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajorMajor. Show MajorMajor's posts

In Response to Re: Wilcox, Avery and Pavlo make 5.75 million... what big can we trade them for?:
    ^ Yup Either Fesenko (size) or Gadzuric (almost 34) via UFA market or work a trade for Okafor/Landry for KG and pieces now if you are that unhappy with KG. Otherwise wait till the deadline. Not much else out there but your RFA idea.
    Posted by Mployee8

You have one hell of a sense of humor. When Fierce says trade KG he's a traitor. Now you're saying trade KG for Okafor and Landry. lol

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajorMajor. Show MajorMajor's posts

In Response to Re: Wilcox, Avery and Pavlo make 5.75 million... what big can we trade them for?:
    In Response to Re: Wilcox, Avery and Pavlo make 5.75 million... what big can we trade them for? : You notice I said "if you are that unhappy" meaning the C's braintrust. I advocate waiting till you have to do something or should I say till you benefit by doing something. Nevers works in your favor when your doing a trade under the gun.
    Posted by Mployee8

You're changing the subject. Look, it has nothing to do with the Celtics braintrust. What's funny is if Fierce talks about trading KG he's a traitor. Then after seeing you saying that, here you are talking about KG for Okafor and Landry. 

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajorMajor. Show MajorMajor's posts

I laid out the three options I see ... and as I said, I don't advocate making a move under duress as Fierce is suggestin. If a good deal is available at the trade deadline then fine if KG must go but I haven't thrown in the towel on KG like Fierce has. Later.
    Posted by Mployee8

Let me just ask you directly, why do you become a traitor if you're a Celtic fan talking about trading KG?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rgmfick. Show rgmfick's posts

Wilcox fits well.  The last 3 years he averaged 17 minutes, 7 point and 4 rebs.  If JO stays healthy and Stiemsma get some experience and blocks a few shot which he is very good at, Seems to me that is about as good as the Celtics will do. The perfect unselfish center out there is Kendrick Perkins who was traded for a more talented young forward Jeff Green cause Kendrick had knee problems and could not be re-signed and fans have to live with that.  I still think Danny has done a remarkable job rebuilding this team in a short time.  With Pierce back and Mickael Pietrus ready in about 10 days, the Celtics may look a lot better than some think. 

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Playoffs?   Your talking Playoffs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Playoffs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Your talking Playoffs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: Wilcox, Avery and Pavlo make 5.75 million... what big can we trade them for? : If it's playoff boost you want you have to upgrade the starters, not the bench players. Right now trading KG will not make sense because the Celts will lose its identity on the defensive end. So it's either Rondo and JO for Pau Gasol or JO, Dooling, Avery Bradley, and draft picks for Okafor. Right now it's going to be KG and Bass in the last 5 minutes of a playoff game. We need someone taller and better than Bass to keep up with the Heat and the Bulls.
    Posted by Fiercest34

I don't think trading Rondo would be a good idea.  If we ended up with Gasol that would help us to improve our big men, but we would be struggling at the point guard position.  The other trade that you propose would be an improvement, but why would the Hornets do this?  

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Just remember known of this trading junk for something will happen. Ainge has been trying to do it with no luck since the Perkins trade.

Reality is that this team is going for it last run hoping to get hot at playoff time.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

According to ESPN trade machine this would work; Cousins & Thornton for Bass,Bradley,our 2013 1st and LAC 1st 2012. If we're making fantasy trades this would make us favorites this year and give us a great core group going forward. We'll have the cap space to keep both. I don't know if they'd do it but hell I'd throw in another 1st rounder to make it happen.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: Wilcox, Avery and Pavlo make 5.75 million... what big can we trade them for? : I really don't want to hear about the Gasol 'idea' anymore since it is not even worth discussing. If you want to upgrade JO to Okafor or a similar starting upgrade we can try and do that for sure, I've already said I was all for it But Lopez/Thompson could flourish here and give starter production while sharing the position with JO and that is the type of alternative/upgrade I am currently thinking of.
    Posted by rameakap

Okay, I'm at it again!!!
    This is a give and get trade - read the whole thing first:
    SAC gets Wilcox
    PHO gets Rondo and JON (our bad contract)
    We get Nash, Thompson and Childress (and cut him)

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

The spirit of Rick Pitino is alive and well!!! 3 games into the season and people are giving up on Wilcox,Dooling and Bradley? Remember the quick draw decisions of Pitino did to our franchise? If DA didn't pull a rabbit out of his hat we'd be the Knicks since. Bradley has skills his problems are from the neck up as in being mentally relaxed,playing naturally instead thinking through every dribble and confidence in his ability to score at this level. He has the worst luck since leaving UTA.He has an ankle injury, keeping him from his rookie preseason and is relagated to the D league which is 1/2 speed of NBA games. His second season there is a lockout nixxing his preseason for a second straight year. Despite the over the top criticisms he has NBA skill give at least a whole season.
    Wilcox is a decentplayer that was drafted way too high and has failed to meet other people overstated potential. Wilcox is sneaky rebounder and decent defender and scorer.He is not a banging big man, he is a great backup.

Dooling, if you think that KD isn't a total upgrade from West or isn't a great fit for the $$, stop smoking crack and playing NBA 2K12 and start watching NBA basketball.

So relax all you Pitinoites,take a deep breath relax and realize it's not nearly as bad as you fear. We have a new starter and a whole different bench so cohesion and chemistry take a while come the end of the year you will realize why we aren't NBA GMs and DA is.Cool

Having said that,seriously Bass,Bradley and 2 1sts for Cousins and Thornton
    would be a dream trade for us. If it doesn't happen I still like a lot of things about this team and we exceed the"experts" expectations.

Sections
Shortcuts