Wilcox Out Indefinitely

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

Re: Wilcox Out Indefinitely

In Response to Wilcox Out Indefinitely:
    This just sux. Not only for Wilcox but also for the Celts. I mean first it was Jeff Green, now it's Wilcox. Ugh! http://www.celticsblog.com/2012/3/10/2861212/chris-wilcox-out-indefinitely-cardiac-tests
    Posted by Fiercest34

Bad news for Wilcox, feel bad for the guy since he was just coming into form with us. DA must be on the phones now, I expect something to happen, Kaman, Mcgee, Beasley? We need depth, especially at the center postion.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Tough break for Wilcox.  Hope it turns out to be nothing but if it is something, like Jeff - I'm glad they caught it before he collapsed and had a catastrophe.

Wow - can we get kicked in the gut any more?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Can't afford to have KG's minutes go up but with Wilcox out and Bass having knee problems as well as Jermain Obum out and headed onto a road trip with 3 back to backs - expect a very rough road trip.  I can't imagine the team being mentally up to this, not to mention physically.   The greatest pressure will be on poor KG.   He will have NO help in the center because Steimsma will be in foul trouble the whole time.

I hope these games don't get too ugly.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Amazingly, many people talk about the Celtics Big 3 being old and always having injuries.  In fact, its everyone outside the Big 3 who have the most injury issues.

Delonte West, Shaq, JON, Erden (back), Perk (knee), Rondo (shoulder, hamstring, etc), Bass (knee), Pietrus (knee), Jeff Green, etc.

All of that compared to only one year of a knee issue for KG.  

The big 3 are iron men compared to the rest of our team!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

In Response to Re: Wilcox Out Indefinitely:
    Amazingly, many people talk about the Celtics Big 3 being old and always having injuries.  In fact, its everyone outside the Big 3 who have the most injury issues. Delonte West, Shaq, JON, Erden (back), Perk (knee), Rondo (shoulder, hamstring, etc), Bass (knee), Pietrus (knee), Jeff Green, etc. All of that compared to only one year of a knee issue for KG.   The big 3 are iron men compared to the rest of our team!
    Posted by Celtsfan4life

Good pts.. Cfan...hoping for the best on Wilcox,,,hard worker..is this contagious or what???But yeah, the old guys are playing through injuries and what not.
    The steamer and the rooks need to grow up now!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

I just ran into a guy wearing a Bird Jersey in Sears store...I complimented him on the jersey, told him the team looked good against Portland....the guy had NO Clue!!! I Could not believe it..weak.....I have to remember not all fans are as crazy as we are........

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Wilcox showed he could really contribute.  I hope he gets back real soon.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Wheels are falling off the cart.
    Hope this is a condition treatable with meds

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Wilcox Out Indefinitely:
    This just sux. Not only for Wilcox but also for the Celts. I mean first it was Jeff Green, now it's Wilcox. Ugh! http://www.celticsblog.com/2012/3/10/2861212/chris-wilcox-out-indefinitely-cardiac-tests
    Posted by Fiercest34

This is really terrible news for Wilcox and the Celtics. 

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Accension13. Show Accension13's posts

Terrible news. All this teams luck is bad

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

What is going on here....what is the hiring policy for the Cs? We don't offer contracts to healthy athletes....if your in tip top shape please do not apply!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

It is unbelivable:
    Our big old 3 are really ironman. The rest of the team ... not so much :-(

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

All the more reason to do the McGee/Blatche trade now ...
    Posted by Mployee8

You seem to favor high IQ/stellar character players on your wish list. Are you sure you're a Celtic fan?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Whatever Danny tries to do now, the price from every other team just went up.  They know we're more desparate than ever for a big man and will ask for more in a trade.  Danny's in a tough position.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TOMAA99999. Show TOMAA99999's posts

Are you kidding.  Is this a cruel joke.  I hope he is OK.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Whatever Danny tries to do now, the price from every other team just went up.  They know we're more desparate than ever for a big man and will ask for more in a trade.  Danny's in a tough position.  
    Posted by Celtsfan4life

We may not acknowledge it but I think most have known we were desperate for a while.  I thinks thats why there haven't been any trades.  I am beginning to wonder if there are going to be trades by any teams.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyCelt2. Show KyCelt2's posts

I just ran into a guy wearing a Bird Jersey in Sears store...I complimented him on the jersey, told him the team looked good against Portland....the guy had NO Clue!!! I Could not believe it..weak.....I have to remember not all fans are as crazy as we are........
    Posted by Ortiz123

That's because their just fans. The guys and girls on this board are at an all different level then the casual fan, and i wouldn't have it any other way!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Poor guy can't catch a break! He worked his tail off to fit in to our system and shed his lazy rep and this happens,let no good deed go unpunished.

We have some expiring contracts like JON & Dooling we may have to pick up a over paid guy for a couple of years to stay in the mix this year,too bad I feel we're really coming together as a team and Wilcox was excelling in his role. Now either Steamer or triple J has to really step up or we have to roll the dice with a deal. I'm still don't want to trade any of our top 7 guys, so I think our best option if possible would try to use JON expiring trade friendly contract and Doolings expiring contract in either as a partner in a bigger deal as a 3rd team or get a younger talented rfa next year a team doesn't want to or doesn't have the $$ to even in we have to pick up a not too bad contract for a year or 2. I'm no GM but using ESPNs trade machine we could make some interesting deals that would help both teams ; 
    JON and KD for Blatche and McGee. Straight up or part of a multi team deal any way that we get McGee is my best case scenario.

JON & KD for Ariza and Anyon second best.

JON & KD for Thompson and Garcia third best.

Wash may want Blatche gone enough to package McGee with him.  NO wants cap room and fewer contracts to sell the team earlier and Ariza has 3yrs @6.7 leaving their books make $ sense and we get good value at 6'8 and can play 3 positions Anyon is a 6'10 role guy banger @ 1.6 for 3 yrs.  Trading for an old Kaman and giving up RA or anyone that has a big contract with us is foolish unless we get their unprotected 1st.  Sac can't sign Thompson,Evans and Cousins over the next 3 years and sign a lottery pick this year,so getting rid of Garcias 3yr@5.8 and Thompson a rfa next year so they might even be willing to throw a pick in for that cap relief. 
     I'm not saying any of this will happen but I think these trades make sense for everybody involved and would help us now w/o hamstringing our cap next year or down the road. I just don't to panic and do something foolish by picking up a big over paid long term contract for an old Allstar or head case,Blatche might be a head case but @ 6.5 its manageable.

Sections
Shortcuts