Will Ainge Even Make an Offer for Dwight?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lhtak. Show lhtak's posts

Re: Will Ainge Even Make an Offer for Dwight?

In Response to Re: Will Ainge Even Make an Offer for Dwight?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Will Ainge Even Make an Offer for Dwight? : Howard would definitely give us a advantage we don't have now.  Of course it depends on who we would have to give up to get him.  You have already seen what he can do with a team around him not very good.  Just because Paul can stop Lebron in no way makes him "done". Maybe you didn't see him last year when he was healthy. Now you tell me who can guard Lebron? I know one person that is not intimidated by him and has had some good games against him. Lebron is the best player in the league and I don't even think there is anyone close to him.
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]
    I remember just a few years ago our beloved PP used to defend Lebron very well. He can not do that anymore because he is past his prime time. PP has been one of my favorite players and I honestly want him to do well but I just cant see him being better than what we have seen last year. He will be the highest paid player on the Celtics roster, hopefully he gives it all without injuring himself. Lets hope for the best.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lhtak. Show lhtak's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Will Ainge Even Make an Offer for Dwight? : You appear to be one of those fans whose heart was broken when Miami beat us this year.. u greatly underestimate what losing bradley and having a 70% Ray Allen did to us. not to mention we were without the services of Jeff Green and Chris Wilcox, two athletic players. Bosh was out for 7 games..not most of the season. And nobody in the world can completely STOP Lebron, but he can be contained. If we had Avery Bradley, theres no doubt in my mind we go to the finals.
    Posted by JamezHill24[/QUOTE]

Well, we all want the Celtics to do well. If you think AB can contain Lebron, good luck with that. PP used to do that very effectively but he probably have nightmares of getting injured in the process. There is no chance we will have any chance if we play Heat's game. Bosh was out for majority of the series they played with the Celtics. Once they were all together we were basically humiliated. Unfortunately we can not really predict the future but I have been good with projections more often than not. So we will see.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Will Ainge Even Make an Offer for Dwight? : Well, we all want the Celtics to do well. If you think AB can contain Lebron, good luck with that. PP used to do that very effectively but he probably have nightmares of getting injured in the process. There is no chance we will have any chance if we play Heat's game. Bosh was out for majority of the series they played with the Celtics. Once they were all together we were basically humiliated. Unfortunately we can not really predict the future but I have been good with projections more often than not. So we will see.
    Posted by lhtak[/QUOTE]

no no. of course AB cant defend Lebron, thats not what this is about lol. The Heat are a basketball TEAM. its not all about one guy. one guy cant beat the Boston Celtics (many have tried). We lost that series bc Wade was aloud to be effective, Chalmers had key baskets, and the Heat bench made shots. Lebron is going to be great every game, but you can beat the Heat despite that. A healthy AB is capable of shutting Wade down, which changes the entire game for the Heat.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Will Ainge Even Make an Offer for Dwight? : I remember just a few years ago our beloved PP used to defend Lebron very well. He can not do that anymore because he is past his prime time. PP has been one of my favorite players and I honestly want him to do well but I just cant see him being better than what we have seen last year. He will be the highest paid player on the Celtics roster, hopefully he gives it all without injuring himself. Lets hope for the best.
    Posted by lhtak[/QUOTE]

Paul Pierce never has contained Lebron, he has just kept the duel between them close. As Lebron has gotten better and Paul has aged the gap has gotten bigger. Now again I ask, who can guard Lebron.  Paul will be fine, he is just not better than Lebron. Again who is?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Will Ainge Even Make an Offer for Dwight? : no no. of course AB cant defend Lebron, thats not what this is about lol. The Heat are a basketball TEAM. its not all about one guy. one guy cant beat the Boston Celtics (many have tried). We lost that series bc Wade was aloud to be effective, Chalmers had key baskets, and the Heat bench made shots. Lebron is going to be great every game, but you can beat the Heat despite that. A healthy AB is capable of shutting Wade down, which changes the entire game for the Heat.

Not so sure AB can shut Wade down.  Limit him some yea. Of course Wade appears to be on a downhill slide from his player status, maybe age, maybe injury. (or both)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Will Ainge Even Make an Offer for Dwight? : no no. of course AB cant defend Lebron, thats not what this is about lol. The Heat are a basketball TEAM. its not all about one guy. one guy cant beat the Boston Celtics (many have tried). We lost that series bc Wade was aloud to be effective, Chalmers had key baskets, and the Heat bench made shots. Lebron is going to be great every game, but you can beat the Heat despite that. A healthy AB is capable of shutting Wade down, which changes the entire game for the Heat.

He's not a Celtics fan, read his posts, they are dripping with sarcasm and false praise for the team!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Fierce, Dwight has made it clear he intends to wait for free agency. 

So why wouldn't Danny wait until free agency? 

I'm sure he'll make an offer then though I don't think he has the cap money to max Dwight out...

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Will Ainge Even Make an Offer for Dwight? : Boston won't have any cap money to sign Dwight. They are already committed to $58m if they don't waive Pierce next summer.
    Posted by TommyRules[/QUOTE]

What happened to WE - fraud???

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Wolf clothing made of clear wrap....lol

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Will Ainge Even Make an Offer for Dwight? : He's not a Celtics fan, read his posts, they are dripping with sarcasm and false praise for the team!
    Posted by hedleylamarr[/QUOTE]

I agree with you.  He definitely isn't a Celtics fan just someone pretending to be a fan of the Celtics. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Howard is a top 3 player in the league. Rondo probably Green, Bradley and Melo, may make the Magic think about trading Dwight to the C's!!  They would Not want Pierce, he is way on the downside of his career!!

Terry, Lee, Pierce, KG and Howard, Not a bad starting 5. Bass, Wilcox, Sully off the bench. Danny would have to pick up a point guard somewhere!!

I'm not saying i would do that trade, i'm just saying what it would most likely take to get Howard!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Will Ainge Even Make an Offer for Dwight? : I am happy to see your optimism but I do not see them getting by the Heat. There was a reason last year serises with the Heat became a 7 game series; Bosh was out most of the season. Who is on the Celtics team that can stop Lebron? Miami is all about athletism there is no way we can beat them on that aspect. Our team is built on half court/rugged defence/low scoring games. We will have a chance if we make Miami play our game, that can get several folds if DH type player is added.
    Posted by lhtak[/QUOTE]

See to me "compete with" and "get by" are two different things.  We already know the Celtics can compete with them.  The Celtics had them down 3 games to 2.  As far as as "get by"?  I would not say that they would. But we already know that they could.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Where's the BigTicket when you need him?  He was posting about C's trading for DH.  Don't see him on this thread.
    I don't see it at all.  Orlando would want the reason (R9R) we'd want to get DH.  That combo could work. 
    Orlando wants a piece or pieces they can build around. They won't settle for less.
    Rondo's our only player who could argueably fall into that category.
    Everyone else is too old or too much a role player.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Will Ainge Even Make an Offer for Dwight? : See to me "compete with" and "get by" are two different things.  We already know the Celtics can compete with them.  The Celtics had them down 3 games to 2.  As far as as "get by"?  I would not say that they would. But we already know that they could.
    Posted by snakeoil123[/QUOTE]

+1= Seems some have short memories...and that inlcudes the "gift" in game 2..

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Will Ainge Even Make an Offer for Dwight? : We didn't know Ainge was after Jeff Green, in 2011, until the trade was made.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

I thought he was after Harden, but OKC countered with Green...??

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

I HOPE NOT !

DWIGHT HOWARD HAS BECOME MR IRRELEVANT 

I WOULD RATHER HAVE KEVIN LOVE AT THIS STAGE OF THE GAME....

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kobedaman. Show kobedaman's posts

[QUOTE]I HOPE NOT ! DWIGHT HOWARD HAS BECOME MR IRRELEVANT  I WOULD RATHER HAVE KEVIN LOVE AT THIS STAGE OF THE GAME....
    Posted by PHX85014[/QUOTE]

Right, the C's are not interested in the best center in the game.  Hey tool, you best be worried about who the C's are going to put in the middle. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Will Ainge Even Make an Offer for Dwight? : Right, the C's are not interested in the best center in the game.  Hey tool, you best be worried about who the C's are going to put in the middle. 
    Posted by kobedaman[/QUOTE]

Hey tool?  I know you follow me around like a puppy dog, but do you have to steal my material, too?  YOU are tool!!  PHX can be something else!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kobedaman. Show kobedaman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Will Ainge Even Make an Offer for Dwight? : Hey tool?  I know you follow me around like a puppy dog, but do you have to steal my material, too?  YOU are tool!!  PHX can be something else!!
    Posted by hedleylamarr[/QUOTE]
    Son, you got me there, but I'm the tool who called Sully a steal in the middle of cbb season when not one Celtic fan mentioned him!!  Then you told me Sully has a bad back and go READ!  LMAO

Sections
Shortcuts