Will Ainge Even Make an Offer for Dwight?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedCoach. Show RedCoach's posts

Re: Will Ainge Even Make an Offer for Dwight?

Boston gets

Dwight Howard
    Glen Davis

Orlando gets

Jeff Green
    Brandon Bass
    Jared Sulinger
    Courtney Lee
    Fab Melo
    Boston's 2013, 2015 & 2017 first round picks

Orlando gets something for DH and gets rid of another headache in Big Baby Davis & his 3-year contract.  The first round picks might yet something good especially if DH does not re-sign with Boston. Getting back Brandon Bass will be a bonus.

Sullinger will almost certainly live up to his potential and Melo might turn out to be a decent center.

Boston now has a much bigger chance for title #18 next season while keeping the rest of the starting five (sans RA of course). KG & DH will form the most formidable Celtic front court since the original Big 3.

Here's the line up:

Center - Howard-Collins-Wilcox
    PF - Garnett-(Wilcox)-Davis
    SF - Pierce-K Joseph-?
    SG - Terry-Bradley-Christmas
    PG - Rondo-Dooling-Smith

Signing up a backup SF will then a priority.  KG & Chris Wilcox can now move to their more natural PF positions.  Getting either another backup center or PF will not hurt.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LAL 32. Show LAL 32's posts

How about this:

Boston offers everything!

Orlando laughs and says "no thanks"!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In Response to Re: Will Ainge Even Make an Offer for Dwight?:
    [QUOTE]How about this: Boston offers everything! Orlando laughs and says "no thanks"!
    Posted by LAL 32[/QUOTE]

ORL is laughing at everyone right now!!

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]Boston gets Dwight Howard Glen Davis Orlando gets Jeff Green Brandon Bass Jared Sulinger Courtney Lee Fab Melo Boston's 2013, 2015 & 2017 first round picks Orlando gets something for DH and gets rid of another headache in Big Baby Davis & his 3-year contract.  The first round picks might yet something good especially if DH does not re-sign with Boston. Getting back Brandon Bass will be a bonus. Sullinger will almost certainly live up to his potential and Melo might turn out to be a decent center. Boston now has a much bigger chance for title #18 next season while keeping the rest of the starting five (sans RA of course). KG & DH will form the most formidable Celtic front court since the original Big 3. Here's the line up: Center - Howard-Collins-Wilcox PF - Garnett-(Wilcox)-Davis SF - Pierce-K Joseph-? SG - Terry-Bradley-Christmas PG - Rondo-Dooling-Smith Signing up a backup SF will then a priority.  KG & Chris Wilcox can now move to their more natural PF positions.  Getting either another backup center or PF will not hurt.
    Posted by RedCoach[/QUOTE]

Not a good trade

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Will Ainge Even Make an Offer for Dwight? : We didn't know Ainge was after Jeff Green, in 2011, until the trade was made.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

That was different,  it was a trade deadline trade,  there were many trades discussed during that time frame that hadn't been talked about all year.  You can't compare the two. Unreasonable.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]Lebron = unstoppable Dwight = unstoppable Those two are must to have in a team, so why not having one of them??? investing for a long term?? maybe Rondo-Green-Howard look how champs' does, Allen-KG-Pierce(2008), then Kobe-Gasol-Bynum(2010) Wade-lebron-Bosh(2012), There's no chance that 1 man can get a ring since Michael Jordan days
    Posted by The BIG TICKET[/QUOTE]

We would need to come up with a new point guard thats main function would be distribute the ball,  like Rondo.  The only way we get Howard is if Rondo is included. If we could keep our main guys and work a trade with Rondo for Howard I would do in a heartbeat.  Of course we would have to add some players.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TitleTown11. Show TitleTown11's posts

I think the best approach to get Dwight would be to get Josh Smith. We know that Josh Smith has a soft spot for Boston and has a relationship with Rondo. I don't expect Howard to be traded until the deadline and Howard has already said he is going to free agency regardless of if/where he is traded (possibly subject to change). I feel that if he is a free agent and Boston has RR and Josh Smith here - he could be convinced to sign. I expect to have cap room because I think KG will retire after this season (regardless of the 3 year contract). Pierce could also potentially retire - although I think that is less likely.

The real question is signing Dwight a good idea? I think so due to his defense, rebounding, and athleticism. A Rondo-Smith-Howard core with Green-Lee-Bradley-Sullinger-Melo bench would be solid moving forward, but its never good when your core shoots 50% from the stripe.

Maybe at the deadline trade Bass + fillers + picks for Smith and see what happens with Howard. If I were Ainge, I wouldn't rule it out. 100% of shots not taken, don't go in. Celts just don't have the pieces to make the trade right now.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Will Ainge Even Make an Offer for Dwight? : We also didn't know that Glen Davis was going to be traded to Orlando for Bass until it was announced. The point is we don't know for sure what Ainge is doing or going to do.

I never said I knew what Ainge was going to do.  The point is when someone like Howard is being talked about in a trade 99% of the time we will hear about it.  The unamed source.  That is the point.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Will Ainge Even Make an Offer for Dwight? : And even though we don’t believe this is a team of his dreams, we do know that the Celts will have a great deal of money to throw at a free agent or two in the next offseason. And if Howard is still available — if the Magic don’t blink and move him before the March deadline — C’s president  Danny Ainge  will undoubtedly put in a call to Team Dwight. http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/basketball/celtics/view.bg?articleid=1398798 Ainge wouldn't be doing his job if he didn't at least talk to the Magic about Dwight.

In other words he hasn't inquired yet.  Just like I said in the beginning of this thread.  If he had been interested yet we would have heard about it.  No one said we wouldn't be interested at all.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from lakerfaker. Show lakerfaker's posts

If Danny Ainge could somehow get Dwight you guys would be favorites to win the title.  I am worried that my Lakers will miss out on him and we will be doomed. We got to get past the second round.  If we lose in the second round again this year we will clearly be done.  Your Celtics are setting  your team up to not miss a beat, by bringing in the youngsters to mix with your outstanding older talent. 

Your future looks very bright!!!

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

TommyDrools wrote:
    Of course, 29 teams are still in the mix for a Dwight Howard trade.

He must mean 28, since the Almighty thinks BOS is out!!!

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Will Ainge Even Make an Offer for Dwight? : Not necessarily. Ainge is secretive.

I will ask you the same question you asked me,  how can you know how secretive Danny Ainge is unless you know him personally.  If he is secretive how would you know.  If you did know he wouldn't be very secretive now would he.  So back to the original statement,  we would have heard about it if the Celtics had inquired about it.  You might as well give it a rest.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Will Ainge Even Make an Offer for Dwight? : I know he's secretive because he has done deals that were not reported beforehand. Like the LaFrentz for the #7 pick in 2006.  The Perk for Jeff Green trade totally caught everybody by surprise. Last season everybody was expecting the Celts to make a move at the deadline. Never happened. You don't have to know Ainge personally. Just look at his track record.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE

Well I don't remember if there was talk around the Raef deal, but more than likely it was being reported unless it was a deadline deal.  As I said be the Perk deal was a deadline deal,  there is not much time to report they are talking about the.  Come on now you know that.  Just because a bunch of posters around here and a couple of sportwriters  thought there was going to be a trade and then Ainge didn't trade anybody. Now that is weak. He is being secretive because he didn't make a trade.  Fierce that is silly.

Fierce what teams are you hearing about referring to Howard?  If there were others you can bet you A$$ it would get reported.  Please give it up.
    Why do you argue with everyone over every point?  It is getting really old, just post after post arguing with someone about something. 

This whole posting thing between us that has covered nearly everything came from one statement from me. I said if the C's had interest in Howard at this time we would have heard about it thru some leak somewhere. You have danced around every different scenario trying to show me to be wrong.   Give it a rest OK?  There are others you can argue with.

One last thing,  when the C's decide they want to make a play for Howard, trust me you will hear about it before it happens.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Will Ainge Even Make an Offer for Dwight? : [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Will Ainge Even Make an Offer for Dwight? : I know he's secretive because he has done deals that were not reported beforehand. Like the LaFrentz for the #7 pick in 2006.  The Perk for Jeff Green trade totally caught everybody by surprise. Last season everybody was expecting the Celts to make a move at the deadline. Never happened. You don't have to know Ainge personally. Just look at his track record. Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE Well I don't remember if there was talk around the Raef deal, but more than likely it was being reported unless it was a deadline deal.  As I said be the Perk deal was a deadline deal,  there is not much time to report they are talking about the.  Come on now you know that.  Just because a bunch of posters around here and a couple of sportwriters  thought there was going to be a trade and then Ainge didn't trade anybody. Now that is weak. He is being secretive because he didn't make a trade.  Fierce that is silly. Fierce what teams are you hearing about referring to Howard?  If there were others you can bet you A$$ it would get reported.  Please give it up. Why do you argue with everyone over every point?  It is getting really old, just post after post arguing with someone about something.  This whole posting thing between us that has covered nearly everything came from one statement from me. I said if the C's had interest in Howard at this time we would have heard about it thru some leak somewhere. You have danced around every different scenario trying to show me to be wrong.   Give it a rest OK?  There are others you can argue with. One last thing,  when the C's decide they want to make a play for Howard, trust me you will hear about it before it happens.
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

While I agree with you that I don't think DA has made any offer for DH (and I also agree we would have heard about it), I also agree that GM's can be very secretive.  People like to keep things close to the vest sometimes.  We didn't know who Ainge liked in the draft, we just specualted.  As it turns out, he got 3 good picks.  We all scratched our heads at Avery Bradley.  Turns out, he was rignt......and let us not forget the almost Rondo for Paul trade and the almost Ray for Mayo trade.  Danny was very secretive about them.  And try getting a medical report.  Man, KG was listed day-to-day in 2009, when they knew he wouldn't play again.......  I don't think Danny trusts the media.  He is secretive, and I don't have problem with it!

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts