Will Ainge Trade Rondo? No!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

Re: Will Ainge Trade Rondo? No!

Shaq said that "maybe Rondo needs to listen to his teammates more" , and that the real reason Rondo went into the funk after the Perk trade was the trip to the White House - President Obama joked that Ray Allen needed to "teach Rondo to shoot"...Rondo was devastated according to Shaq...

With 3 better scoring point guards seemingly on the market, all of them All Star caliber , it would seem The Big Three might be curious if their lives might be a lot easier without having to deal with Rondo's stubbornness or other personality issues....

Westbrook is a beast !
    Deron Williams is a natural born killer !
    Chris Paul according to Bob Ryan, is a clear upgrade over Rondo...

I have no idea what Ainge is going to do.

I honestly don't know if I would trade Rondo, until he broke his arm, I was ready to strangle him thru the TV in the Miami series.....then he broke his arm and still played like a maniac...classic ! If they traded Rondo, it would have to be for one of the three listed above. I think Westbrook would be the best fit actually....unless they were able to get Nash AND Gortat (or Pietrius and Jared Dudley and maybe include Big baby in a sign and trade to make it work) and a draft pick from Phoenix...and maybe have TJ Ford come in to back up Nash....for one year ? Nash with the Big Three ? That would be cool to watch

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I watched Westbrook play very poorly last year in the playoffs.  He is not a passer and his game could clash with PP and Ray's game.  He is a wonderful talent but his mental game is much weaker than Rondo's.  This team would lose its floor general and gain a one on one talent.

Everyone mentions the elite big three(Paul, D. Williams, Westbrook) without mentioning Derek Rose.  Rose is so good and above the rest the league he is not even mentioned. That's a good player in a league of dominant point guards.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

In Response to Re: Will Ainge Trade Rondo? No!:

Shaq said that "maybe Rondo needs to listen to his teammates more" , and that the real reason Rondo went into the funk after the Perk trade was the trip to the White House - President Obama joked that Ray Allen needed to "teach Rondo to shoot"...Rondo was devastated according to Shaq... With 3 better scoring point guards seemingly on the market, all of them All Star caliber , it would seem The Big Three might be curious if their lives might be a lot easier without having to deal with Rondo's stubbornness or other personality issues.... Westbrook is a beast ! Deron Williams is a natural born killer ! Chris Paul according to Bob Ryan, is a clear upgrade over Rondo... I have no idea what Ainge is going to do. I honestly don't know if I would trade Rondo, until he broke his arm, I was ready to strangle him thru the TV in the Miami series.....then he broke his arm and still played like a maniac...classic ! If they traded Rondo, it would have to be for one of the three listed above. I think Westbrook would be the best fit actually....unless they were able to get Nash AND Gortat (or Pietrius and Jared Dudley and maybe include Big baby in a sign and trade to make it work) and a draft pick from Phoenix...and maybe have TJ Ford come in to back up Nash....for one year ? Nash with the Big Three ? That would be cool to watch

Posted by PHX85014

-

Thx for that update on what Shaq said.  Difficult to believe that Rondo could sulk over what Obama said -- I don't know if I believe him on that one.  That would be pretty weak as he probably gets teased about that constantly.

But Jackie-Mac was interviewed on CSN tonight and she speculates that there must be some off court stuff that has made Rondo a question mark for Celtic management because she believes that they are seriously shopping him.  In other words, without any off court issues thay would not be seriousely looking to move him.  T sounds like pure specualtion from a respected source.

I don't believe her, and I'll believe it only when the Celtics say so or a trade is made.  She is subject to the same rumor mill we all are and part of the same biz as players and management.

-

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoylestonBB. Show BoylestonBB's posts

Only #34 is not tradeable. If the C's can do better for the team a trade will happen. It's up to Danny.
    Posted by vertmont

Really all that needs to be said on the subject

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoylestonBB. Show BoylestonBB's posts

Now we know why Rondo slipped to #21 in the 2006 Draft. Guess that also confirms the report that Rondo had problems with his coach at Kentucky.
    Posted by Fiercest34

I have heard his college coach say exactly that.  Rondo is a tough personality to manage, but aren't all the great ones?  Russell for one.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In Response to Re: Will Ainge Trade Rondo? No! : I have heard his college coach say exactly that.  Rondo is a tough personality to manage, but aren't all the great ones?  Russell for one.
    Posted by BoylestonBB

Rajon Rondo is no Bill Russell.... not by the wildest stretch.

Pud

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In Response to Re: Will Ainge Trade Rondo? No! : - Thx for that update on what Shaq said.  difficult to believe that Rondo could sulk over what Obama said -- I don't know if I believe him on that one.  That would be pretty weak as he probably gets teased about that constantly. But Jackie-Mac was interviewed on CSN tonight and she speculates that there must be some off court stuff that has made Rondo a question mark for Celtic management because she believes that they are seriously shopping him.  In other words, without any off court issues thay would not be seriousely looking to move him.  T sounds like pur specualtion from a respected source. I don't believe her, and I'll believe it only when the Celtics say so or a trade is made.  She is subject to the same rumor mill we all are and part of the same biz as players and management. -
    Posted by RajonRondowski

Rondowski.... no one here at BDC is more closely identified with Rondo than you based on your choice of screen names for starters.

For you to acknowledge the issues behind DA's efforts to trade your namesake is going to be near impossible.

If/when Rondo goes.... so goes you I suspect.

Pud

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Ainge wants to trade him no doubt.... it's not a question of IF he wants too, but rather CAN he find a deal that's fair. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

-

Well, with 27 votes in after about 5 days of polling, it's safe to say that there are about 27 active posters on the board right now as this is the hot-button topic-du jour.  I would assume everyone with a dog in this fight has voted.

It stands 15 to 12 for the people who think Rondo won't be traded.

But the rumors won't die and that probably has more to do with Paul than with Rondo.  If Paul wasn't dangling himself out there this talk would not exist.

It must be might tempting to Danny, but I doubt he will pull off a deal unless it absolutely works mightily in Boston's favor.

-

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

One player can make a difference. The Mavs were going nowhere until Tyson Chandler arrived. It was basically the same team from 2007 to 2010. Then when Chandler arrived the championship followed. That's how big an impact CP3 can have on the Celts. No more constant doubling teaming on KG. Ray gets more open looks. And Pierce can have more driving lanes. Imagine a PG that can shoot anywhere on the court, is a great passer, a very good FT shooter, and as good as any PG in the league when it comes to driving down the lane and finishing. Add that to our Big 3 and tell me if it's not a championship caliber team.
    Posted by Fiercest34

+1

Sections
Shortcuts