Will Avery hurt our inside game:

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Will Avery hurt our inside game:

Sullinger, KO, and Green can all score or pass from the inside, if Avery is in the game his man could be used to force Celts into an outisde game with Rondo and Avery taking a lot of low percentage shots.  Sullenger, KO and Green playing with a 2 that is deadly form outside might just be a very good offensive team.  I think that Rondo will be ready to hit enough jump shots that they would be unwilling to let him shoot unguarded.  Despite what most are saying the Celts with a new coach , could just finish in the thick of the playoff race next year.  It will take a dozen or so game for this team to find it's idenity but if they foucus on going inside to Sully, KO, and Green with a good shooting 2 in the game with Rondo running the show , we could just be looking at the best offensive team we have had lately.  Wallace, Humphries, and others on the bench, comprise a very good second unit.  With a real coach this year that has the ability to run sets that are team focused, we could suprise.  We have the bench to pull this off. 
    We have the defence with Avery, Wallace, Rondo, Green and others to defend well.  I do not think this team will be considered a tanker after ten to fifteen games.  They will be playing teams close, and later we should be winning many of these games.  I have watched or listened to  the Celtics for 61 years and this team is not that bad, I just wish the East had not improved as much as it has in the last two years.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Re: Will Avery hurt our inside game:

Ronod and Bradley is not the future of our backcourt.  

We could get away with neither providing even a semblence of a deep outside threat with Pierce, Garnett, Green, and especially when Allen was with us, but one of our guards will be required to keep the opposing D honest.

Either Rondo or Bradley, or possibly both will be traded at some point, unless Bradley  1. regains his shooting touch that was evident for a stretch 2 years ago (Rondo has never demonstrated a deep threat potential) or 2. Bradley succesfully adjusts to the PG position. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

1. You can get used to seeing Bradley, Green, and Wallace with a lot of turnover/ bad drives leading to turnovers. That is one of the major weaknesses in their games (passing, handle, poor decisions)

Bradley in particular has tried to beat a lot of taller players for layups only to miss badly when he should have used a spin move, not attacked or used a floater instead.

Rondo has excellent moves in and around the paint. I think you can always improve, but that kind of mental creativity is a talent, more than a skill.

That's why I like Brooks scoring talent and skills. The talent is there and the skills are being developed, I hope.

Ball handling, passing and defense drills in that order should be a major part of every practice. ALL DRIBBLE MOVES SHOULD BE TAUGHT and practised against defenders and a clogged paint.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

I think this year is going to be a big year for AB. He will be getting his 1st season that starts in camp and not in Jan. His shooting % will be better this year just by being 1 year removed from his last surgery and should have his legs 100% underneath him. We'll be finding out starting in about a month or so. I see AB emerging into a very nice all around player this season.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

The capability to finsih at the rim is at least as improtant for AB than getting his shooting touch back. He is getting blocked so often at the rim (even in fast breaks) it is sometimes embarassing. IMO it is a now or never year for AB. As he has some BB brains and the will to defend I have much more hope for him than for Crawford (just awefull), Lee (mediocre with a low ceiling) and Brooks (talented, but bad attitude or low BB IQ).

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

When I referred to Fg% I was talking all around inside and out. I think between coming off of major surgeries 2 seasons in a row and taking on dual roles unexpectedly had an adverse effect on ABs individual game. Last year was supposed to be KG,PPs last run to a ring here. Every players role and focus was to fit in around that purpose that is why, I feel that players like AB,Green,Lee and Rondo are going to improve inside their own games individually and with each other,it is for this reason that I think we will greatly exceed most peoples expectations of this team. I know I'm in the minority and maybe accused of being somewhat of a PollyAnna but, I'm actually excited about this new direction and feel we will be better from day one of the season than most expect.

The last couple of years I felt we did fairly well in spite of Doc not because of him,he is a oxymoron of the term players coach because he can only succeed to the level of his players as a observation of his coaching W-L record through his career. I realize we have more questions than answers and it is human nature to embrace the familiar misery than the unknown and unproven even if there is great potential. I just choose to believe that the questions will be unexpectedly answered quickly and better than most expect. We are not,or should be trying to be the same team we have been the last five years with players trying to fit into vacated role and spots, we should be going in a totally different direction and style that fits our talent, which I feel we have an abundance of. We are making the playoffs and will do better than last years one and done. If I'm wrong I will handle all the ridicule but,when I'm right I will remind y'all fo sho, and I am right.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

In response to Rajon-Hondo's comment:Right on, you are a real Celtic fan''

When I referred to Fg% I was talking all around inside and out. I think between coming off of major surgeries 2 seasons in a row and taking on dual roles unexpectedly had an adverse effect on ABs individual game. Last year was supposed to be KG,PPs last run to a ring here. Every players role and focus was to fit in around that purpose that is why, I feel that players like AB,Green,Lee and Rondo are going to improve inside their own games individually and with each other,it is for this reason that I think we will greatly exceed most peoples expectations of this team. I know I'm in the minority and maybe accused of being somewhat of a PollyAnna but, I'm actually excited about this new direction and feel we will be better from day one of the season than most expect.

The last couple of years I felt we did fairly well in spite of Doc not because of him,he is a oxymoron of the term players coach because he can only succeed to the level of his players as a observation of his coaching W-L record through his career. I realize we have more questions than answers and it is human nature to embrace the familiar misery than the unknown and unproven even if there is great potential. I just choose to believe that the questions will be unexpectedly answered quickly and better than most expect. We are not,or should be trying to be the same team we have been the last five years with players trying to fit into vacated role and spots, we should be going in a totally different direction and style that fits our talent, which I feel we have an abundance of. We are making the playoffs and will do better than last years one and done. If I'm wrong I will handle all the ridicule but,when I'm right I will remind y'all fo sho, and I am right.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

In response to DaCeltics' comment:I hope the coaches read your post.  Go Celtics

1. You can get used to seeing Bradley, Green, and Wallace with a lot of turnover/ bad drives leading to turnovers. That is one of the major weaknesses in their games (passing, handle, poor decisions)

Bradley in particular has tried to beat a lot of taller players for layups only to miss badly when he should have used a spin move, not attacked or used a floater instead.

Rondo has excellent moves in and around the paint. I think you can always improve, but that kind of mental creativity is a talent, more than a skill.

That's why I like Brooks scoring talent and skills. The talent is there and the skills are being developed, I hope.

Ball handling, passing and defense drills in that order should be a major part of every practice. ALL DRIBBLE MOVES SHOULD BE TAUGHT and practised against defenders and a clogged paint.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsince1958. Show celticsince1958's posts

In response to maryngary's comment:

Sullinger, KO, and Green can all score or pass from the inside, if Avery is in the game his man could be used to force Celts into an outisde game with Rondo and Avery taking a lot of low percentage shots.  Sullenger, KO and Green playing with a 2 that is deadly form outside might just be a very good offensive team.  I think that Rondo will be ready to hit enough jump shots that they would be unwilling to let him shoot unguarded.  Despite what most are saying the Celts with a new coach , could just finish in the thick of the playoff race next year.  It will take a dozen or so game for this team to find it's idenity but if they foucus on going inside to Sully, KO, and Green with a good shooting 2 in the game with Rondo running the show , we could just be looking at the best offensive team we have had lately.  Wallace, Humphries, and others on the bench, comprise a very good second unit.  With a real coach this year that has the ability to run sets that are team focused, we could suprise.  We have the bench to pull this off. 
    We have the defence with Avery, Wallace, Rondo, Green and others to defend well.  I do not think this team will be considered a tanker after ten to fifteen games.  They will be playing teams close, and later we should be winning many of these games.  I have watched or listened to  the Celtics for 61 years and this team is not that bad, I just wish the East had not improved as much as it has in the last two years.

I totally agree with your comment. I like your basketball IQ.

Sections
Shortcuts