Will Bradley be the first All star from the 2010 Draft Class?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Will Bradley be the first All star from the 2010 Draft Class?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1154595-re-evaluating-avery-bradley-as-a-draft-pick-was-he-the-biggest-steal
    He might be the steal of the Draft and the first All Star of the group.
    Other than Cousins, he might have the most impact for his team.
    Hayward and George also have contributed much to their respective teams.
    Am I missing anybody...??
    Lets hope JJ can make similar improvements for next year.That would be awsome.
    Nice Job Danny!

2010 NBA Draft

PG

John Wall

Turner, EvanEvan Turner

Favors, DerrickDerrick Favors

Johnson, WesleyWesley Johnson

Cousins, DeMarcusDeMarcus Cousins

Udoh, EkpeEkpe Udoh

Monroe, GregGreg Monroe

Aminu, Al-FarouqAl-Farouq Aminu

Hayward, GordonGordon Hayward

George, PaulPaul George

Aldrich, ColeCole Aldrich

Henry, XavierXavier Henry

Davis, EdEd Davis

Patterson, PatrickPatrick Patterson

Sanders, LarryLarry Sanders

Babbitt, LukeLuke Babbitt

Séraphin, KévinKévin Séraphin

Bledsoe, EricEric Bledsoe

Bradley, AveryAvery Bradley

Anderson, JamesJames Anderson

Brackins, CraigCraig Brackins

Williams, ElliotElliot Williams

Booker, TrevorTrevor Booker

James, DamionDamion James

Jones, DominiqueDominique Jones

Pondexter, QuincyQuincy Pondexter

Crawford, JordanJordan Crawford

Vásquez, GreivisGreivis Vásquez

Orton, DanielDaniel Orton

Hayward, LazarLazar Hayward

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Re: Will Bradley be the first All star from the 2010 Draft Class?

Im stunned at how well AB is playing....

I threw him on the junk pile last season as a lost cause.  Early this season, I was sure he this kid shouldnt even make a D league squad.

Right now, he's looking like a solid all around player, even stardom as a possibility. He doesn't appear to have a weakness outside of ball handling. Im still confused what got into him. 

At least I have comfort knowing that AB didnt emerge until injury allowed him the playing time. Sort of like BBD did after KG's injury,,, BBD was rotting on the bench and I blame Doc for not recognizing how good he was.

With AB, Doc's been pulling for the kid since last year.. he still wasnt given the PT until injury but I think Doc knew this kid had it. Got to give him credit if thats so... (if).... heck of a pick up..

As I write this, I still cant quite grasp the fact AB has become so valuable on both ends of the court. Amazing...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In Response to Re: Will Bradley be the first All star from the 2010 Draft Class?:
    [QUOTE]Im stunned at how well AB is playing.... I threw him on the junk pile last season as a lost cause.  Early this season, I was sure he this kid shouldnt even make a D league squad. Right now, he's looking like a solid all around player, even stardom as a possibility. He doesn't appear to have a weakness outside of ball handling. Im still confused what got into him.  At least I have comfort knowing that AB didnt emerge until injury allowed him the playing time. Sort of like BBD did after KG's injury,,, BBD was rotting on the bench and I blame Doc for not recognizing how good he was. With AB, Doc's been pulling for the kid since last year.. he still wasnt given the PT until injury but I think Doc knew this kid had it. Got to give him credit if thats so... (if).... heck of a pick up.. As I write this, I still cant quite grasp the fact AB has become so valuable on both ends of the court. Amazing...
    Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]

The great D didn't surprise me but the good shooting skills really did.

Amazing what PT will do and the chance to show your stuff. The difference between a good player and a great player has so much to do with confidence and this kid suddenly seems to have it in spades.

It will be interesting to see if AB can handle the pressure of big games/moments... at the offensive end, being able to spread the floor.

Now that would be huge.

Pud

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from N2thaIzzo. Show N2thaIzzo's posts

That was a horrible draft..eeww..

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

What a terrible draft!  Maybe next year or so someone will offer up a re-do of the 2010 draft based on how players progress.  As of right now, it definitely looks like Bradley should have been in the lottery. 

Bradley surprised most of us, and I for one was impatient.  He looked LOST at the 1 and in the NBADL he was nothing special.  I think when Danny and Doc decided he wasn't a PG and could play at the same time as Rondo it was a revelation.  That and getting some PT when Ray went down.  At worst, this guy is gonna be a good, consistent player for a long time.  The best part about him is that he still has room to grow and become a better all around player.  He will get serious minutes next year, so much so that the C's may be best served by starting him and re-signing Ray or another vet to come off the bench.     

He looks to be a better defensive version of Monta Ellis, except Ellis is a better scorer and Bradley will never dominate the ball with Rondo on the team. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Wasn't he rated ahead of Wall coming out of high school???
    Not that it means anything, except that he was highly rated at one time...I for one am amazed what he brings to the game..I watch to be amazed...the beauty of it, is that i think were only witnessing  a slice of things to come..He really does have All star potential...in about2- 3 years..

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

I think Wall will have the better career, and maybe  Evan Turner, hard to say, and maybe Demarcus, but it does seem like Bradley may go down as the steal of the draft. I sure hope so, sometimes it's great to be wrong.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kobedaman. Show kobedaman's posts

In Response to Will Bradley be the first All star from the 2010 Draft Class?:
    [QUOTE]http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1154595-re-evaluating-avery-bradley-as-a-draft-pick-was-he-the-biggest-steal He might be the steal of the Draft and the first All Star of the group. Other than Cousins, he might have the most impact for his team. Hayward and George also have contributed much to their respective teams. Am I missing anybody...?? Lets hope JJ can make similar improvements for next year.That would be awsome. Nice Job Danny!
    Posted by Ortiz123[/QUOTE]

Hardly.  lol  Anyone writing for the bleacher report is not someone that is a respected journalist.  If you believe this then you think DA is going back to the northwest to GM the Blazers.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Cousins and Monroe have better chances than AB. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

Unless you have lottery picks it is impossible to re-build through the draft.
    The 2010 draft was pretty typical for very few non-contributors in the last half of the 1st round.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

In Response to Re: Will Bradley be the first All star from the 2010 Draft Class?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Will Bradley be the first All star from the 2010 Draft Class? : Hardly.  lol  Anyone writing for the bleacher report is not someone that is a respected journalist.  If you believe this then you think DA is going back to the northwest to GM the Blazers.
    Posted by kobedaman[/QUOTE]

19BostonAvery Bradley6-3180SGTexas
    Celtics president Danny Ainge really likes Avery Bradley as an upside pick. He was one of the best high school...
    To access Chad Ford's complete analysis, become an Insider .
    Espn had similar article on pre draft....I guess they probably are not legit either,huh..
    By the way, the laker pick went to memphis, right?? They also traded 2012

Morris, DariusDarius Morris (from Golden State Warriors via New Jersey Nets)[y]

Goudelock, AndrewAndrew Goudelock (from New York Knicks)[v]

Maduabum, ChukwudiebereChukwudiebere Maduabum (traded to Denver Nuggets)[z]

Majok, AterAter Majok (from Miami Heat)[w]

Of course with a draft history like this, I would be concerned too..
    But Kupcakes is probably good for pick, rigth...he will go before danny does...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kobedaman. Show kobedaman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Will Bradley be the first All star from the 2010 Draft Class? : 19 Boston Avery Bradley 6-3 180 SG Texas Celtics president Danny Ainge really likes Avery Bradley as an upside pick. He was one of the best high school... To access Chad Ford's complete analysis, become an Insider . Espn had similar article on pre draft....I guess they probably are not legit either,huh.. By the way, the laker pick went to memphis, right?? They also traded 2012 2011 2 41 Morris, Darius Darius Morris (from Golden State Warriors via New Jersey Nets ) [y] 2011 2 46 Goudelock, Andrew Andrew Goudelock (from New York Knicks ) [v] 2011 2 56 Maduabum, Chukwudiebere Chukwudiebere Maduabum (traded to Denver Nuggets ) [z] 2011 2 58 Majok, Ater Ater Majok (from Miami Heat ) [w] Of course with a draft history like this, I would be concerned too.. But Kupcakes is probably good for pick, rigth...he will go before danny does...
    lol you trying to be funny? Andrew Bynum 10 th pick in the 2005 NBA draft was the youngest player ever to play in a NBA game.  Bynum has two NBA championships(one of which was over your mighty Boston Celtics), selected to the 2012 All Star game. BTW I believe Mitch Kupchak drafted him.  I believe Kobe at 19 was the youngest player selected to the all star game(could be wrong though).  Thanks for playing!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrmccook. Show jrmccook's posts

I've said it all along and will say it again. AB reminds me of Joe Dumars and I think that's his potential peak upside.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Yes I would still take Favors, Cousins and Monroe over Bradley

I'd probably take Paul George over Avery as well considering he's going to be an electric 20ppg scorer for years at 6'8" and Ray/PP are so old. We have a 6'1" speedy defensive minded guard already but no future star swingman.

Right now it is a toss-up between Wall, Avery and Turner as to who the 5-7 best players are. Wall has been consistently good but needs to take his game to a much greater level, he has underperfomed, esp for a #1. Turner flashes crazy triple-double type talent, stuff that makes you think of a 90's Grant Hill, but in 2 years he's done that just as many games as Avery has looked great (or less?)

Bledsoe is a good guard but Avery has passed him. Davis and Patterson are decent PF's, like 4th-5th best players on lotto teams and 6th-7th men on contender types, but nothing special.

Jordan Crawford is a Delk/House type gunner who will always have his place as offense off the bench

Other than those 11, and maybe 1-2 I'm forgetting, what a pitiful draft... outside the top 7 no all-stars really possible, and no franchise player drafted in the top 2-3 like you usually have (unless Cousins can seriously mature)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Will Bradley be the first All star from the 2010 Draft Class? : lol you trying to be funny? Andrew Bynum 10 th pick in the 2005 NBA draft was the youngest player ever to play in a NBA game.  Bynum has two NBA championships(one of which was over your mighty Boston Celtics), selected to the 2012 All Star game. BTW I believe Mitch Kupchak drafted him.  I believe Kobe at 19 was the youngest player selected to the all star game(could be wrong though).  Thanks for playing!

LOL - Bynum was a higher draft pick than koME!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Will Bradley be the first All star from the 2010 Draft Class? : LOL - Bynum was a higher draft pick than koME!!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE]

Great pick by the Lakers...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Will Bradley be the first All star from the 2010 Draft Class? : Great pick by the Lakers...
    Posted by Mark from Ct[/QUOTE]

From the guy who wrote yesterday that you can't build a team without high lottery picks!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Will Bradley be the first All star from the 2010 Draft Class? : From the guy who wrote yesterday that you can't build a team without high lottery picks!!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE]

Unless you draft like Mitch can.

Plenty of other teams passed up on Kobe and Bynum. Crazy...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Will Bradley be the first All star from the 2010 Draft Class? : lol you trying to be funny? Andrew Bynum 10 th pick in the 2005 NBA draft was the youngest player ever to play in a NBA game.  Bynum has two NBA championships(one of which was over your mighty Boston Celtics), selected to the 2012 All Star game. BTW I believe Mitch Kupchak drafted him.  I believe Kobe at 19 was the youngest player selected to the all star game(could be wrong though).  Thanks for playing!

Jerry West made the kobe deal...not kupcakes...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Will Bradley be the first All star from the 2010 Draft Class? : Jerry West made the kobe deal...not kupcakes...

Haha true, LA fans can't get their own history right

I read West's great Bio recently, 'West by West' and it has some good insight into the '96 draft, including the fact that teams like New Jersey, Cleveland and Golden State wanted to draft Kobe and his agent... working behind the scenes with West... told those teams KoME would refuse to sign with them.. even as a teen he was a disgusting human being

That (and being the 1st HS guard to go pro) is why he dropped

By 2005 it was apparent that there were as many bust HS bigs (Curry, Kwame) as there were hits (Jermaine O'Neal, Chandler) and that regardless these players took 3-4 years to develop. Bynum was young AND immature, being drafted 10th was a logical spot for him. It was 4 years until he made an impact during the '09 title season (unless you count his injury leading to the shady Gasol deal) and during his 1st 2 years Kobe couldn't stand him. 

If the draft was re-done he'd go 4th or 5th, not a huge jump.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Will Bradley be the first All star from the 2010 Draft Class? : Unless you draft like Mitch can. Plenty of other teams passed up on Kobe and Bynum. Crazy...
    Posted by Mark from Ct[/QUOTE]

lmao you dont even know who got kobe on the lakers....you are an absolute fraud

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Will Bradley be the first All star from the 2010 Draft Class? : lmao you dont even know who got kobe on the lakers....you are an absolute fraud
    Posted by redsoxfan94[/QUOTE]

funny Celtic fans know more about it than the so call Laker fans.

Sections
Shortcuts