1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

Re: Will Celtics really waive Pierce?

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to Mployee8's comment:

[QUOTE]

Huh ... I didn't say 2013-14' season ... I said by 6/30th and this report confirms a trade to the Cavs for their #31 & #33 this week for Pierce ... By or on 6/27th ... Get It????

No, you can't trade Pierce to the Cavs for a TPE on or before June 30.

The only way the Cavs can get Pierce is for Varejao, Gee, and two 2nd round picks.

Are you really that stupid?

Use the ESPN Trade Machine for cryin' out loud.

[/QUOTE]

maybe the celtics and cavs can agree to a trade and make it final on july 10th? cavs draft for celtics but nothing official? as long as the cavs tell the celtics to pickup pierce option?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

i think alot of teams will want pierce by or before the draft...i think he will be traded this week...

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

In response to raider3524's comment:

[QUOTE]

maybe the celtics and cavs can agree to a trade and make it final on july 10th? cavs draft for celtics but nothing official? as long as the cavs tell the celtics to pickup pierce option?

Yes, that's possible. 

But what if the Cavs change their mind on July 10?

Right now the Celts have 3 options regarding Pierce. 

1. Waive Pierce

2. Amnesty Pierce

3. Trade or Sign and Trade Pierce

Once it's July 1, the Celts will only have the amnesty and trade or sign and trade Pierce options. No more option of waiving Pierce and only getting a 5m cap hit.

There's a risk with a deal like that because the Cavs might change their mind. If that happens then the Celts will be stuck with Pierce's 15.3m.

Remember, what the Celtic owners are trying to avoid is the repeater tax. If the Celts are still tax payers next season, they will be paying repeater tax. 

[/QUOTE]

i just don't see the celtics waiving pierce....and most draft day trades are handshake deals anyway...so it would be almost the same as any deal that happens.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

[QUOTE]

i just don't see the celtics waiving pierce....and most draft day trades are handshake deals anyway...so it would be almost the same as any deal that happens.

We'll know for sure next Monday.

Here's the thing, if Pierce gets waived, the Celts can re-sign him for less money. That's one option for the Celts, if they want Pierce back.

[/QUOTE]

yeah..i did not know about the waiving part...but i think he will know for sure by thursday.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Huh ... I didn't say 2013-14' season ... I said by 6/30th and this report confirms a trade to the Cavs for their #31 & #33 this week for Pierce ... By or on 6/27th ... Get It????

The only way the Cavs can get Pierce is for Varejao, Gee, and two 2nd round picks.

[/QUOTE]

Trade Machine doesn't account for TPE ... You're an idiot!

Houston, Sacramento and Phoenix are well below the cap and the Cavs are @ $54MM also under the cap. A team under the cap can take on more salary than it sends back. The receiving team gets a TPE for the difference ofr the value of Pierce's current contract if only getting back the Cavs 2013 #31 & #33 draft picks.

http://www.celticsblog.com/2013/6/21/4453020/rumor-paul-pierce-to-cavs-for-2nd-round-picks-31-33

> Because the Cavaliers are under the cap, a trade like that could potentially create a trade exception for Danny to use in a year.

Imagine that!

Now go reread the CBA to upgrade your knowledge of trades under the new CBA, IDIOT!!!

The Cavs would be the one's to allow Pierce's contract to roll over since they would own his rights on draft night ... No need to wait till 7/1 and take back any salary .... GET IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[/QUOTE]

that sounds about right if you think about it...you maybe right.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

i think alot of teams will want pierce by or before the draft...i think he will be traded this week...

Yes, specially OKC who really missed Harden in the playoffs this season.

Pierce could be that playmaker that takes a playoff team to another level.

It would be interesting and good for Pierce if he ended up in OKC.  At least he would be playing for a contender.  If we traded for him who would we get in return. 

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Houston, Sacramento and Phoenix are well below the cap and the Cavs are @ $54MM also under the cap. A team under the cap can take on more salary than it sends back. The receiving team gets a TPE for the difference ofr the value of Pierce's current contract if only getting back the Cavs 2013 #31 & #33 draft picks.

http://www.celticsblog.com/2013/6/21/4453020/rumor-paul-pierce-to-cavs-for-2nd-round-picks-31-33

> Because the Cavaliers are under the cap, a trade like that could potentially create a trade exception for Danny to use in a year.

Imagine that!

Now go reread the CBA to upgrade your knowledge of trades under the new CBA, IDIOT!!!

The Cavs would be the one's to allow Pierce's contract to roll over since they would own his rights on draft night ... No need to wait till 7/1 and take back any salary .... GET IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[/QUOTE]

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!! what a dunce youre making of fierce.. He should just go away and hope people forget about this thread too...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

[QUOTE]

Imagine that!

How about this, if I'm wrong, I'll make a thread about how wrong I was thinking Pierce couldn't be traded to the Cavs for draft picks before July 1.

But if you're wrong, you make a thread about how wrong you were thinking Pierce could be traded to the Cavs for draft picks before July 1.

Deal?

[/QUOTE]

FUNGUS... everyone knows not to bet you about anything..youre a proven WELCHER and LIAR!!  Mployee just too smart for you.. just get lost and save more embarrassment

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MitchUnderpants. Show MitchUnderpants's posts

So Stern won't allow a Garnett-Jordan deal.  Is it unlikely that the teams could somehow swap Pierce for Jordan, instead?  And then discuss bringing Garnett over, later?

Seems like Stern won't allow the teams to make him look bad, and deliberately violate the collective bargaining rule.  But I don't think there's anyway for him to block variations of the deal, no matter how subtle they may be.

I think this is what everyone is hoping for, minus Ainge.  I think KG and Pierce want nothing else than to be reunited with Doc on a contender.  Of course, us C's fans are rooting for a happy ending too, but the franchise is way more important.  And thus I agree with all of the above posts regarding trading pierce after the 30th-- seems like the most profitable scenario.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]

Yes, specially OKC who really missed Harden in the playoffs this season.

Pierce could be that playmaker that takes a playoff team to another level.

[/QUOTE]

You are right but does OKC understand that.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Sterns objection was you can't trade a coach. Doc is going to LAC with compensation separately,so Stern would have to look at a deal involving KG and/or PP as a seperate transaction but would be very scrutiful of any deal involving those players and Clips. I think this works in our favor for 2 reasons, first if LAC wants PP and KG to put them over the top they would more than likely do 3-4 team deal,which gives us a chance at a better return,secondly we don't have to trade either KG or PP so DA could stonewall them. When we signed both PP and KG they both got deals that realistically would overpay both for at least a year Wyc approved this and he's no dummy about money. I'm thinking DA saw this scenario unfolding when Doc hesitated last time about coming back and if he did he wanted his guys with him DA wanted to hold as money cards as Doc,friends or ne friends. The key aspect with dealing with the roster now is flexibility.

If Rondo as rumored the reason why Doc,RA,KG all want out I don't see DA removing all of them to appease a seeminglly petulant 23 yr Rondo. This just speculation as are all posts but,DA probably kept the team together for one more shot and win lose or draw all three would have a high market value. Rondo going down put a snag in that plan and then with the injuries to BArbosa and Sully happened  DA had to reconfigure on the fly. Meanwhile we had played our way into within 2 games of the 4th seeds with 2 games in hand and then went 5 - 17 to limp into the playoffs. Tanking at the may have been a joint effort. Doc as I said since the last month of the season, seemed to be mailing it in,maybe it wasn't just Doc maybe they thought they could slide out of the playoffs and into the lottery ? WHo knows maybe by the end of or even by the beggining of the season KG/PP and Rondo will be elsewhere. If you're going to rebiuld why not start with a clean slate and have all of the "Big Four" gone and have the new coach have guys that are willing to be all in as Doc did?  I'll say this much I broke 6 ribs a couple of weeks ago and will be going back to work later this week and this whole malodrama sure was a nice distraction and I've probably posted more this last couple of weeks than ever before.

25. This post has been removed.