2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Re: Will Celtics really waive Pierce?

Looking through these conversations, despite having Pierce on ignore, I do have to see what he says in some of Mployee's reponses, I would like to add the following:

A. The Cavs can be trading pick 19 for Pierce or both picks 31 and 33... they will be taking players Ainge tells them to take... but NONE of that can be anything more than a badly leaked 'rumor' and nothing will become final until July.

B. I mentioned this scenario yesterday and then today Hoopshype/Hoopsworld was all over the exact same situation... so BOOM, take that insiders

C. Anything involving the Cavs paltry current cap space of 2-3 million in conjunction with a Pierce trade BEFORE July is simply impossible and pointless to discuss. I have said for weeks the Cavs can't do ANYTHING for Pierce until after July 1st (he would go there to play WITH Varejao, not it a swap for him as I said a LONG time ago).

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to Mployee8's comment:

In response to rameakap's comment:

Looking through these conversations, despite having Pierce on ignore, I do have to see what he says in some of Mployee's reponses, I would like to add the following:

A. The Cavs can be trading pick 19 for Pierce or both picks 31 and 33... they will be taking players Ainge tells them to take... but NONE of that can be anything more than a badly leaked 'rumor' and nothing will become final until July.

B. I mentioned this scenario yesterday and then today Hoopshype/Hoopsworld was all over the exact same situation... so BOOM, take that insiders

C. Anything involving the Cavs paltry current cap space of 2-3 million in conjunction with a Pierce trade BEFORE July is simply impossible and pointless to discuss. I have said for weeks the Cavs can't do ANYTHING for Pierce until after July 1st (he would go there to play WITH Varejao, not it a swap for him as I said a LONG time ago).

So you don't think the C's can agree to a trade before 7/1 that is executeable after 7/1?  Is that illegal or can the Cavs pick for the C's and after the pick announce the trade to be effective on 7/1 or later ... ???

Ummm... I clearly said I DO think the C's can agree to a trade before 7/1... it would have to be done before the Cavs make draft selections essentialy for the Celtics... but of course all the financial, legal, CBA details would have to happen AFTER July 1st.

Is there some confusion to this? Obviously the C's and Cavs can make NO trade for Pierce before the draft that financialy works and results in them getting that coveted TPE b/c the Cavs only have 2-3m in cap space, not the 16-17 they would need to make it work before July.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

So you don't think the C's can agree to a trade before 7/1 that is executeable after 7/1?  Is that illegal or can the Cavs pick for the C's and after the pick announce the trade to be effective on 7/1 or later ... ???

Ummm... I clearly said I DO think the C's can agree to a trade before 7/1... it would have to be done before the Cavs make draft selections essentialy for the Celtics... but of course all the financial, legal, CBA details would have to happen AFTER July 1st.

Is there some confusion to this? Obviously the C's and Cavs can make NO trade for Pierce before the draft that financialy works and results in them getting that coveted TPE b/c the Cavs only have 2-3m in cap space, not the 16-17 they would need to make it work before July.

Fine, I just thought you were indicating that they couldn't have a prearranged agreement ... (must have missed where you said they could do that) and exercise it after 7/1 so the cap & TPE work for both teams. I just wonder if the C's would have any recourse if the Cavs reneged ... maybe they'd have a written agreement in place with penalty factors built in for each team if either were to break the agreement ... and would Stern agree to to uphold that agreement? Seems like it might be another circumvention of the Stern Rules.

First off, I have said up and down this board that the C's can make a deal with the Cavs for Pierce at draft day and draft for us, only to finalize it in July. In fact I said that yesterday before Hoopsworld or hoopshype brought it up today. And I was the first on this board to drive home the fact that the Cavs don't have the cap space to add PP before July 1st as you apparently and mistakenly felt as soon as the two 2nd rd picks offer was made.

Anyhow, I'm sure there would be some lawyer stuff involved beyond a gentleman's handshake... but if the Cavs reneged they'd be stuck with players the Celtics scouted and drafted, not their own staff, and not guys that mean as much to a young franchise shooting for the playoffs as Pierce would. Even if they decide last minute they like these players better than Pierce and go back on an agreement... what they do will give them a HUGE black eye around the league, a bad rep for all future trade partners and the C's would simply have their captain back at 15.3m and can explore other trades.

Personally, I feel Josh Smith and some other minor tweaks this team could make will only turn a 1st rd team into a 2nd rd team that MIGHT make it to the ECF only to lose to Miami again. I'd almost rather dump Lee along with PP on Golden State and have Draymond Green and another 2015 pick and start a complete rebuild.

Now if the C's can turn Bass and Avery or Bass and Lee into Al Jefferson or another starting quality Center to rest KG, then I'm all for that and think the team could have a shot at a title, if well coached and getting career years from Rondo, big man X, Smith, Green and Avery or Lee. With Terry and KG playing more like they did in '12 than '13 (obviously the finals Terry of '11 prob won't return and pre '09 knee injury KG will NEVER return).