Will Danny Draft Another Rondo in 2nd Round?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

Will Danny Draft Another Rondo in 2nd Round?

Rumor is that Danny is intent on getting a 2nd round pick in order to draft this guy ahead of Orlando .... 

#Celtics also interested in acquiring a 2nd rd pick. Target teams are #Cavaliers, #Blazers and #Hawks. Twitter @SherrodbCSN

http://www.rantsports.com/nba/2013/04/22/boston-celtics-draft-prospects-phil-pressey/

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Phil-Pressey-6225/

http://www.orlandopinstripedpost.com/2013/6/25/4463946/2013-nba-mock-draft-magic-victor-oladipo-phil-pressey

Ford says Orlando's picks could be Indiana Hoosiers shooting guard Victor Oladipo at no. 2 and Missouri Tigers point guard Phil Pressey at no. 51.

Pressey could be a "consolation prize" for the Magic in the second round after not getting a point guard in the first round, according to Ford. The Dallas native averaged 9.7 points, three rebounds, 5.9 assists, and two steals across his three seasons at Mizzou, and Ford says "he sees the floor as well as any guard in the draft."

Pressey doesn't show up on too many mock draft boards but if Ford is right about Orlando, Danny will need to find a 2nd round pick ahead of Orlando before the evening is over.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

Re: Will Danny Draft Another Rondo in 2nd Round?

Told ya Danny was interested in Pressey ... He didn't need that 2nd round pick to get him but he did get his man ... When you're right, you're right!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Nice work

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

i like this signning alot...i think he can make this team...good talent.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to Mployee8's comment:

[QUOTE]

Pressey doesn't show up on too many mock draft boards but if Ford is right about Orlando, Danny will need to find a 2nd round pick ahead of Orlando before the evening is over.

Really?

You said Danny's going to need a 2nd round pick. Now that Danny didn't need a 2nd round pick, you're bragging about being right?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

[/QUOTE]

Let it go Fierce.  This is childish.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

Danny will need to find a 2nd round pick ahead of Orlando before the evening is over.

Usual Fungus ... He only reads what he wants to use as fuel for his fire. How bout the words preceding your highlighted criticism >   "but if Ford is right about Orlando," ????

That's why you're a Fungus, spreading lies and misconceptions ... always missing the forest for the trees. The point wasn't the use of a 2nd round pick as much as it was Pressey being eyed as a backup to Rondo. Didn't you read the thread Title either????

Hey Fungus, let me remind you,  I also predicted the C's would "trade up" to get a big ... I guessed wrong on which team they'd swap picks with and Zeller went much higher than everyone predicted but how many here had the C's moving up to pursue a big ... me and one other poster?   And btw, how'd that Sergey pick work out for ya ... #19 ???

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1b9DArZrDg

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

Here's why Pressey slipped from the 2nd round to undrafted per Chad Ford in this story @ www.kansascity.com;

"He is a special passer who really, I think, can run a team."

“The problem is, he doesn’t always see himself that way. And you saw at Missouri, over and over again, as games would get tight, he would start to try to play hero ball, try to do too much, and then commit mind-boggling turnovers and take horrible jump shots and almost single-handedly lose games for Missouri after playing so well for the first 35 minutes. And so, is Phil Pressey the guy that you see in the first 35 minutes of a Missouri game or is he the guy you see in the last five minutes?

“(Then) he goes into Brooklyn, in front of a horde of NBA general managers and scouts, and does exactly the same thing — at first he’s making some great passes, he’s running his team well, and then all of a sudden, like a switch goes off in his head and he thinks that he needs to be Kobe Bryant and get out there shoot and score and you’re almost screaming at him from the sidelines ‘No, no, just keep passing it and a team will take you in the first round.’ And then he’s undersized, and you just question that about him, and I think that’s why he’s in the second round and not in the first round."

A good coach s/b able to harness that .... Hope he does well in summer league and manages to stick unless a better player comes along and we don't have enough roster spots to keep him other than to stash him in ME.

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/2013/06/25/4312543/espns-chad-ford-on-phil-pressey.html#storylink=cpy

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

[QUOTE]

Rumor is that Danny is intent on getting a 2nd round pick in order to draft this guy ahead of Orlando .... 

#Celtics also interested in acquiring a 2nd rd pick. Target teams are #Cavaliers, #Blazers and #Hawks. Twitter @SherrodbCSN

http://www.rantsports.com/nba/2013/04/22/boston-celtics-draft-prospects-phil-pressey/

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Phil-Pressey-6225/

http://www.orlandopinstripedpost.com/2013/6/25/4463946/2013-nba-mock-draft-magic-victor-oladipo-phil-pressey

Ford says Orlando's picks could be Indiana Hoosiers shooting guard Victor Oladipo at no. 2 and Missouri Tigers point guard Phil Pressey at no. 51.

Pressey could be a "consolation prize" for the Magic in the second round after not getting a point guard in the first round, according to Ford. The Dallas native averaged 9.7 points, three rebounds, 5.9 assists, and two steals across his three seasons at Mizzou, and Ford says "he sees the floor as well as any guard in the draft."

So were you right in saying that Danny would need a 2nd round pick ahead of Orlando to get Pressey?

HAHAHA

[/QUOTE]

I wasn't predicting a 2nd round pick by the C's ... I was indicating that Danny wanted Pressy but if Ford was right he'd have to get a 2nd round pick to draft him ahead of Orlando. But was else is new ... you can never interpret anything you read or else prefer to spin it to meet your needs.

You obviously missed the main point ... Danny identified a backup PG and signed him even though he didn't need to get that extra 2nd rd pick ... What an IDIOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did you ever mention Pressey here at all as a potential PG for the C's ????  I didn't think so!!!!

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

Girls, girls, you're both pretty!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

Fierce, from my vantage point Mployee8 was on the money.  What is your issue?  That he said that Danny will draft Pressy in 2nd. round?  BFD.  From all the talk, he identified Pressy.  If it was so obvious why didn't you identify Pressy?

Basically, your back and forth, and mostly forth from your side, is just plain childish and silly.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

fierce..you gotta let it go...mployee8 said ainge wanted pressey and would trade for a 2nd....we got pressey without having to get a 2nd...that does not make mployee8 wrong...he said ainge wanted him and we got him...leave out all the crazy stuff...both of you guys gotta stop with this.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

In response to chris33's comment:

Girls, girls, you're both pretty!

this is good...lololol

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

The issue is not about Danny wanting Pressey. There were already reports about Ainge being interested in Pressey because Ainge brought Pressey in for a work out before the draft. That's a given.

Here:

"Rumor is that Danny is intent on getting a 2nd round pick in order to draft this guy ahead of Orlando .... "

"Danny will need to find a 2nd round pick ahead of Orlando before the evening is over."

Your words, Mployee, not mine.

So again, were your right about Ainge needing a 2nd round pick ahead of Orlando to get Pressey?

Chris Ford said we'd need the pick from the link posted ... I reiterated his remark.

That's exactly why your a weasel and an IDIOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

[QUOTE]

Chris Ford said we'd need the pick from the link posted ... I reiterated his remark.

That's exactly why your a weasel and an IDIOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So you and Chris Ford were both wrong.

The Celts didn't need a 2nd round pick ahead of Orlando to get Pressey, right?

[/QUOTE]

Orlando didn't use their 2nd round pick on Pressey did they?

And Danny didn't pick up another 2nd round pick .... But Danny got lucky cuz Pressey went undrafted and he got his man anyway.  He did better than 2nd rd he got him cheaper ... woo hoo! 

BTW, did you read the title of this thread .... "WILL Danny Draft Another Rondo in 2nd Round?"

25. This post has been removed.