Will KG Leave LA a Celtic?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Will KG Leave LA a Celtic?

I would place the odds at 50-50! The Cs will be practicing and playing on the Clips/Lakers home floor today and this evening.

Will the lure of playing at home (Malibu) and having a real shot at another title, coupled with the realization that the Cs, as currently constructed, will not contend for a title this year, be enough to sway KG!

If there is a trade to be had, there is no better set-up than this!

The best site to monitor for "real time" news (and rumors):

http://hoopshype.com/twitter/media.html

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from celtic213. Show celtic213's posts

Re: Will KG Leave LA a Celtic?

In response to BCSP's comment:

I would place the odds at 50-50! The Cs will be practicing and playing on the Clips/Lakers home floor today and this evening.

Will the lure of playing at home (Malibu) and having a real shot at another title, coupled with the realization that the Cs, as currently constructed, will not contend for a title this year, be enough to sway KG!

If there is a trade to be had, there is no better set-up than this!

The best site to monitor for "real time" news (and rumors):

http://hoopshype.com/twitter/media.html

I really hope they make this trade. It just makes to much sense, It's good for KG, good for the Clippers, and good for the Celtics. The only way this doesn't happen is Danny being to stubborn and naive enough to think we can win a championship.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

On the topic of rumors - 1-minute ago:

Bill Simmons @BillSimmons 1 minute ago

A bigger deal with Rondo and Josh Smith as the centerpieces makes sense. Atlanta could tank + rebuild around Rondo/Horford/cap space

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

On the topic of rumors - 1-minute ago:

Bill Simmons @BillSimmons 1 minute ago

A bigger deal with Rondo and Josh Smith as the centerpieces makes sense. Atlanta could tank + rebuild around Rondo/Horford/cap space

I'm down for trading Rondo. KG isn't going anywhere.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

More from B. Simmons:

Bill Simmons @BillSimmons 3 minutes ago

PS: Celts with KG, PP, Josh, Bradley, Lee, Green, Bass + Terry could be sneaky-dangerous this spring. (I know, I'm a delusional Celts fan.)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

More on RR for J. Smith:

Tim Bontemps @TimBontemps now

One interesting thing about Rondo to ATL rumors: wouldn't they have enough cap space to fit Rondo/Horford/Dwight this summer?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

I partially agree with this statement:

Andrew Perna @Andrew_Perna 1 minute ago

What Danny Ainge does over the next five or six months should be his legacy, not McHale sending him KG back in 2007.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

J. Smith update:

Tom Haberstroh @tomhaberstroh 4 minutes ago

Josh Smith trade update: he has not been traded. Currently running sprints at Hawks shootaround

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

KG will be here.........he bleeds green

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Interesting:

Jorge Sierra @hoopshype about 5 minutes ago

Rumors: Rajon Rondo available? bit.ly/vIcV9Q

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Is Ainge getting desperate?

Rich Levine @rich_levine about 6 minutes ago

Ainge: "OK, let's get serious. We're willing to throw in Fab Melo." Rival GM: "…" Ainge: "We'll even pay to extend your door frames!"

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Thank you Jessica! Many people overlook this important fact!

Jessica Camerato @JCameratoNBA about 5 minutes ago

Whether it's about KG, Rondo or Fab,no trade rumor should come as surprise. Basketball is a business. Execs have to explore any/all options.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

More from B. Simmons:

PS: Celts with KG, PP, Josh, Bradley, Lee, Green, Bass + Terry could be sneaky-dangerous this spring. (I know, I'm a delusional Celts fan.)

You want to trade a guy who can leave in June for Rondo who is signed for three years. Think about that.  And do you really think Josh Smith is as valuable as Rondo?  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

Unfortunately, yes.  We are repeating the mistakes of the late 80's.  Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to concord27's comment:

More from B. Simmons:

You want to trade a guy who can leave in June for Rondo who is signed for three years. Think about that.  And do you really think Josh Smith is as valuable as Rondo?  

Yes, if there are no other moves to be made, and J. Smith, added to this group of players, give us a shot at the title.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In response to Iceman4's comment:

KG will be here.........he bleeds green

=======================================

I posted this separately but a good copy & paste here I think:

I don't understand all the posts KG bleeds green but NBA is a business and we need think about some youth for the future if we don't feel we can win this year so we selfishly trade him. He needs to waive his no trade agreement so if he does end up with the Clippers, it means he wanted to retire in his home location and try to get another ring. I would love a Jordan and Bledsoe straight up.

The problem is PP and it would be nice for him to to end up in LA home town, retire with KG and get another ring. I'm sure, too, they'd love some thrashing of the Lakers too in remaining games. But with PP to the Clippers, I don't think they have enough other players to fully compensate us. If the NBA is truly a business with no heart, the best trade staight up for us is PP for Josh Smith but sending him there would be like Siberia and would have the rage of Celtic fans. But last night vs. Denver, it was our youth, Green & Bradley, who really kept us in that game. Yup, I know the altitude was a factor but  PP committed a couple of costly turnovers & tossed up bricks & looked slow but DA continued to play him. Whether PP admits it or not, he'd be an effective bench player for a competitor these days.

Only way I would keep these two guys in Boston for 1-2 more years is if we traded Rondo for  Howard or Cousins.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

DH's ears are burning! LOL!!

Evans Clinchy @evansclinchy 2 minutes ago

Isn't there already a statue of Dwight Howard at the Staples Center? I always see it standing there under the basket, every possession.

Reply Retweet Favorite

Rich Levine Rich Levine @rich_levine about 6 minutes ago

Just a shame the Lakers couldn't have found a way to give Dwight a statue before Kareem.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Interesting answer! 

Chris Forsberg @ESPNForsberg 1 minute ago

Doc on if team will be intact Thurs: “I’m asked that every year the night before the trade deadline. I give the same answer: I have no idea”

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

KG will be a Celtic.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Interesting itinerary! 

The Celtics will spend the night in Los Angeles and fly to Phoenix on Thursday evening, meaning the players will spent the trade deadline in LA. The deadline is at 3 p.m. ET.