Buyout

Amnesty

I think hes gonna be traded (sign and trade),

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Re: Will PP be here after June 30?

I believe that he will be bought out.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

If he stays he can be traded later, so I am choosing that route.

I see the best trade partner being Golden State, who can send us the expiring contract of Richard Jefferson, or the expiring contract of Biedrins and Jefferson (we send them Terry or Lee) but this has to wait until after July 1st. (I'd only ask them for Draymond Green and a '15 protected pick, they obv won't trade Harrison Barnes).

I don't see as many good trades being available until July, after he has to have the 15.3m picked up.

The only way we amnesty him is if KG has already said he is going to retire and file papers. No contender can absorb his salary in a trade to give us cap space. At that point the Celtics could sign one of Big Al or Bynum, or sign Rondo's buddy Josh Smith, who seems to actually want to be here (as does Al), but then we'd have no Center. Amnesty is my 2nd choice, only if it leads to this type of signing.

A buyout is stupid, it spits on the 6th-7th greatest Celtic of all-time and says Wyc is cheap. Paul at 15 million is better than saving 10m for no good reason, still having no cap space and KG returning refusing to waive his no-trade and returning.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Occam's Razor - He stays.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

To Elaborate: I think that Danny is as torn as Celtics nation. KG probably wants Paul back, Paul wants that 16M, Doc probably doesn't want to coach one playing against the other. I think Danny's been upfront with us. If an offer comes along that he can't refuse, he won't. But I don't see that offer coming along. Keep these guys. One last run. And the thought will wait dormantly until Feb that if the team is not contending, Paul can be a valuable trade option at the deadline. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:

I see the best trade partner being Golden State, who can send us the expiring contract of Richard Jefferson, or the expiring contract of Biedrins and Jefferson (we send them Terry or Lee) but this has to wait until after July 1st. (I'd only ask them for Draymond Green and a '15 protected pick, they obv won't trade Harrison Barnes).

I don't see as many good trades being available until July, after he has to have the 15.3m picked up.

The only way we amnesty him is if KG has already said he is going to retire and file papers. No contender can absorb his salary in a trade to give us cap space. At that point the Celtics could sign one of Big Al or Bynum, or sign Rondo's buddy Josh Smith, who seems to actually want to be here (as does Al), but then we'd have no Center. Amnesty is my 2nd choice, only if it leads to this type of signing.

A buyout is stupid, it spits on the 6th-7th greatest Celtic of all-time and says Wyc is cheap. Paul at 15 million is better than saving 10m for no good reason, still having no cap space and KG returning refusing to waive his no-trade and returning.

i'd rather keep PP than trade for any of GS's trash. don't know much about green, but biedrens and jefferson are junk.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

OK, i looked up green. he'd be a backup to our green. i wouldn't trade PP for that.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

i think we keep PP and let him play out his contract. hopefully KG will retire or let us trade him next year. then we can get in the game and try to get 1-2 impact FAs. unless of course we find a nice trade partner before the deadline. just don't expect much this year. we aren't going anywhere on the shoulders of PP and KG. and we can't afford to add anyone who will make a difference.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from celtic213. Show celtic213's posts

Talk to KG first and see what he wants to do. If KG wants to get traded, then trade or amnesty Pierce. If KG says hes going to retire then amnesty Pierce. If KG says he is for sure going to come back no matter what then might as well keep Pierce if you cant trade him, but i do agree with you Rame a buyout is kind of stupid since it doesnt give you anything in return as far as players and cap flexability go.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrmccook. Show jrmccook's posts

traded to a team that wants in on a dwight howard or josh smith type for a 2 year contract an a late lottery pick. that team buys out pierce for instant cap savings (see dallas as prime example).

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

A buyout is stupid, it spits on the 6th-7th greatest Celtic of all-time and says Wyc is cheap. Paul at 15 million is better than saving 10m for no good reason, still having no cap space and KG returning refusing to waive his no-trade and returning

Agree that buyout isnt the best option, but if they did got that route with pp, dont you think kg would either retire or waive his no trade clause at that point?  I think he would, but if he doesnt than your right  a buyout is stupid and accomplishes nothing.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheOriginalDfury13. Show TheOriginalDfury13's posts

Again they raised ticket Prices. June 30th he will still be your starting SF.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from celtic213. Show celtic213's posts

Rasing ticket prices could mean a new change of excitment is coming to the team. I'm not sure it means Pierce will be back. After all, after this past season you think people are going to want to pay more money to watch that garbage playoff performance all over again. You could argue if they were planning to keep Pierce they would lower ticket prices to try and keep people interested.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Russell1. Show Russell1's posts

In response to celtic213's comment:

Rasing ticket prices could mean a new change of excitment is coming to the team. I'm not sure it means Pierce will be back. After all, after this past season you think people are going to want to pay more money to watch that garbage playoff performance all over again. You could argue if they were planning to keep Pierce they would lower ticket prices to try and keep people interested.

With rondo and Sulli coming back they might tweak.the roster and see what happens. They can always trade.at next years deadline. We will see.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

Pierce is coming back.  The Celts are retooling for another run.  Millsap as plan A makes a lot of sense (probably involves Lee, salary cap fodder/Crawford and an exchange of #16 for #21 based upon the current rumors).  It also means that Bass is gone.  Will AB go as well for a quality 2?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

.........Pierce and KG back for one more run.........not much in way of impact moves this year..........

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to kaktug's comment:

i'd rather keep PP than trade for any of GS's trash. don't know much about green, but biedrens and jefferson are junk.

Draymond Green has a lot of promise. At the very least he'd adequatelyreplace Pierce as Jeff Green's backup for the next 2-3 years at a fraction of the prices (>1m per) and by the time PP is 37-38 and definitely ready to retire he should be the superior player. Showed lots of guts in the playoffs and was a big winner/glue guy/leader as a four year college starter and 2 Final 4 trips.

Biedrins and Jefferson are trash. 20 million worth of Trash. PP and Lee are paid 20.5 million next year and Green 800k, so the deals are even in cash. But when those 2 deals expire, Lee is still on the books for 11 million more. That savings in '15-'16 could be the difference in landing a major player in free agency.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to jrmccook's comment:

traded to a team that wants in on a dwight howard or josh smith type for a 2 year contract an a late lottery pick. that team buys out pierce for instant cap savings (see dallas as prime example).

I think people feel like Dallas can trade us Shawn Marion (9.3m) and Vince Carter (3.2m) for Pierce, then waive PP for 5m and save themselves 7.5m for Howard.

But, Marion has a player option he must pick-up first and so he won't be able to be traded to us based on his current status as an exp deal until AFTER July 1st, at which point PP's 15.3m is guaranteed. Dallas doesn't have any players besides Dirk to make a Pierce trade work.

They are welcome to trade us Dirk, waive Pierce. Convince Marion to opt out and return for a long-term deal starting at 2-3m a year and then try to sign all 3 of Howard, Smith and Paul. dirk returns after a year in Boston for the MLE in a 'wink-wink' situationWink

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

The only reason PP will not come back will be monetary.  Danny is torn, obviously, between what is practical, and what is "right".  If he is bought out, I still say KG will either retire of allow a trade, despite what he says now.

If they elect to pay him the 15 mill, they should trade him.  I heard GS.  That would be okay, as long as it was a straight deal for BOGUT.  Green is the clear starter for the future, and we need a "5".

Bogut is only 28, was coached by Majerus, and can rebound when healthy.

GS - can re-sign Jack, have Curry, Thompson, Barnes, Pierce, Ezeli, Green, Landry (if he opts in),  and Lee.  That is better than the team that lost to SAS........

We would have, in my world,

Harris/ Schroeder

Bradley/Terry/Crawford

Green/FA

Millsap/Sully/Bargnani

KG/Bogut/Wilcox/Melo

That is a team worth watching, IMO.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

http://bleacherreport.com/tb/dawt3?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=boston-celtics 

Most recent article about Pierce.