Will someone tell Jeff van Gundy to shut up

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Number6Fan. Show Number6Fan's posts

Will someone tell Jeff van Gundy to shut up

Alright, already.  You made your point.  I'm sure Patrick Ewing always played gentlemanly defense.  Now move on.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Re: Will someone tell Jeff van Gundy to shut up

Laughed out loud when I read this.  Right on.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoylestonBB. Show BoylestonBB's posts

Who on earth things JVG and Mark Jackson are good commentators.  They are so bad I really hope they get hired as coaches so i never have to listen to them again

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulliu. Show paulliu's posts

I usually like Van Gundy but today I began to see what his critics are talkiing about.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, Dwight Howard takes a lot of fouls.  He also leads the league in FT attempts.

Now move on...ple-e-e-e-e-a-a-a-az-z-z-z-z-e.

I've never liked Mark Jackson.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

JVG I bet will be talked to after today.  He was blatantly defending Howard and his dirty game and what I hoped Jackson would say was "c'mon Jeff we all know it is your brother's team."  He crossed the line today in my opinion.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

But I'd take JVG most days over Mark Jackson.  At least Van Gundy is trying to be blatantly honest about most things and challenges the refs and the league.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulliu. Show paulliu's posts

Van Gundy had a point but he just beat it into the ground and kept on stomping on the dead horse.

Yes, big guys get physically abused and refs let a lot of it go.  But it's always been that way.  Ask Chamberlain or Jabbar or Shaq or any other dominating low post center.

Howard also gives as much as he takes.  And it's not like the refs won't call anything.  Howard lives at the FT line.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

I was a big fan of Van Gundy when he was a knick coach. I thought he was a good one..BUT this job as a commentator has made me hate the dude.. so one sided and he needs to step up and say that he despises the Celtics, is so obvious...and lets not talk about Jalen Rose. The guy is horrible as well. A total LA fan..

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PierceIsTheTruth. Show PierceIsTheTruth's posts

In Response to Re: Will someone tell Jeff van Gundy to shut up:
    Howard also gives as much as he takes. 
    Posted by paulliu

i was about to say the same thing.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

keep them long enough so they have to eat their shirts again when the celts come out of the east.  i believe that to a varying degree depending on the game or time of the year that stern does exert a big brother influence on these "broad" casters. 

nothing else could explain the patently anti-celtics stance these clowns took last year right up until game 4 vs. the cavs.  then they had no choice.

i'd like to see that one more time and then send them to do Wnba games for a few years.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from gjgjg. Show gjgjg's posts

dh is the dirtest player out there, he literally throws people down when they drive on him... watch a few rondo drives to see if i am wrong.. he is going to hurt someone one day and these idiots are worried about him getting fouled... please. he should be suspended for being an jerk... loved how the celtics baited them all day and exposed how gutless the magic truly are..and how biased the broadcast team was... anyone else notice how the conversation turned from the game to any other subject but the game. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

speaking of GUTLESS, the combined 1-18 performance between hedoooo and dilbert arenas shows what the magic are really about- a couple of guys who don't have it any more are expected to play key minutes for them.  it's not going to work.

arenas hasn't crested 35% field goals for much if any of the year.  he's clearly washed up, couldn't drive the lane in a taxi, and the magic have saddled themselves with his MONSTROUS contract.  i love that.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

No way.

I look forward to hearing Jeff Van Gundy call a game, especially a Celtics game.

In a world of fakes, frauds, phoneys , punks, liars , and stooges - I love the straight talking enthusiasm of Jeff Van Gundy.

Yeah, he sometimes beats things into the ground, and it is sometimes uncomfortable to hear him clash with Mark Jackson, but he keeps you paying attention.

Where do you get off saying Van Gundy is a Celtic hater ?

That's total BS

Van Gundy has totally given respect to the Big 3 era Celtics and Doc Rivers

What are you talking about ?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

he was a crappy coach, who is a crappy commentator, and his brother is a crappy coach as well.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: Will someone tell Jeff van Gundy to shut up:
    dh is the dirtest player out there, he literally throws people down when they drive on him... watch a few rondo drives to see if i am wrong.. he is going to hurt someone one day and these idiots are worried about him getting fouled... please. he should be suspended for being an jerk... loved how the celtics baited them all day and exposed how gutless the magic truly are..and how biased the broadcast team was... anyone else notice how the conversation turned from the game to any other subject but the game. 
    Posted by gjgjg

I thought the same thing about Dwight during the playoffs last year.  He is a very dirty player and one of these days will cause a serious injury to someone.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

I usually like him, but I feel it is a major conflict of interest for him to do Magic games........................

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

I was really annoyed also when he got on the tangent of Dwight Howard getting fouled so much. I was imagining that someone was going to sneak up behind him, and stick a dirty sock in his mouth. Obviously a lot of people like him or he wouldn't have been a commentator so long. I'm not one of them..

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pliu. Show pliu's posts

I agree with PHX85.   Van Gundy is my favorite analyst.  I do not see him as having an anti-Celtic bias.  In fact, he has often praised the Celtics in his four years as a commentator which has coincided with the Celtic revival as a contender.

He is also blunt.  He did the first game of the Big Three era, the season opener against Denver, and when asked what he thought of  then second year PG Rondo, he replied, "He's a decent backup."  Since then he's changed his mind.

I appreciate his willingness to change his views.  He has also complimented the Celtics many times, saying that the #17 title team had the best team defense he's seen in well over a decade.  And for those who say he kisses up to LA I recall that he trashed the Lakers for their soft play in 2008 finals, noting that the C's stood in there and took the charge while the Laker players went for the false hustle of futile block attempts.

Van Gundy calls 'em like he sees them.  The problem is sometimes he gets hung up on some tangent and can't let go. 

But over all, I'd rather have him calling the game than just about anyone else with the possible exception of Hubie Brown.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

gundy actually went crazy on the air, move him or tape his mouth.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

JVG is good..I enjoy listening to him. He calls it like it is usually and is entertaining, esp arguing with Mark Jackson.

Breen is the worse cause hes pure Lakers lover and cant hide it although his play-by-play is balanced usually.

Mark Jackson is a bore to me. Always sides with ref's, no matter how obvious the bad call... biased against the Celts... I liked him as a player but not a commentator..

One thing I did like about Jackson was the title season when KG hit that bank shot right before the half in game 6 and got fouled.. Jackson, on replay, called it good... something like when KG went up, Lamar Odom try to block his shot... in slow motion you see Odoms hand going up for the block as KG pulls the ball back and Jackson comments "I'll wait for you to go by Lamar" .. then KG hits the improbable bank...and that was the game.  Nice call Jackson... too bad you youre so biased

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

they make the MNF crew look like the best there is.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

as much as i hated van gundy when he coached the knicks, i love him as a broadcaster

he is smart, well read, knows the game like the back of his hand and fears no one when he opens his mouth which i find very respectible for a short, balding white guy in a league where that type is very few, and very far between

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

I can't imagine anyone liking Van Gundy as a commentator for a Celtic game.  He is by far the worst I have ever seen. 

Why?  Because him and Jackson talk over the game, while it's being played, about things having nothing to do with the game, and they go on and on and on. 

Meanwhile, Breen, who isn't a bad play by play guy can't call the game, and important plays and possessions pass without either of them paying attention to the game they are supposed to be calling.  It's very distracting, to say the least.

The other crew with Reggie is much better imo.

I feel sorry for those who can't hear Mike & Tommy on a regular basis -- they are simply the best, like having old friends in the room with you.

I dread the national games they can't call.  It's so irritating.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

JVG and his biases against the Celtics come out every time we play the Magic. Watch anytime you will see.  It is his brother after all.

Sections
Shortcuts