Will Stern fix the Finals the same way he did last time Dallas and Miami played for the title?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from df2. Show df2's posts

Will Stern fix the Finals the same way he did last time Dallas and Miami played for the title?

Or will the Mavs be given a chance this time?

To be honest, I didn't really see any of the Bulls series. I saw game one and the last ten minutes or so of game two. So I don't know if the officiating was as bad as everyone says it was.

Nonetheless, the Bulls got EXPOSED. I said it all year and got laughed at. But the Bulls were clearly vastly overrated. They couldn't even win two games against one of the softest teams to ever make the playoffs.

Had Ainge not lost his mind and traded his starting center. And had the Celtics not been injured all year it's pretty obvious we would have had a free pass to the Finals.

That being said, it's pretty clear that Mavs (at least on paper) should be capable of beating the Heat.

I would have two issues  if I were a Mavs fan.

1) The only team in the playoffs I would say is on the same level of softness as the Heat would be the Mavs. I know Chandler has supposedly changed that. And they had that big comeback against Seattle. But I have a hard time not thinking of that team as soft.

It will be interesting to see how they respond when Wade starts taking cheapshots on Mavs players. Not to mention if Wade decides to take Dirk out.

2) The NBA has corruption issues. This is not an opinion. It is a fact. The only thing that is debatable is how deep the corruption runs.

David Stern clearly does not like Mark Cuban. Not only does that make you look at the Last Mavs' Finals apperance in a different light, it makes you wonder if it could be an issue in this year's Finals. You would hope not. But this is the NBA. So it would be foolish to rule it out.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wade3. Show Wade3's posts

Re: Will Stern fix the Finals the same way he did last time Dallas and Miami played for the title?

I think stern is going to fix the finals again....this time around he is going to do the same...........he is going to put a lil motor in wades butt so that can can accelerate the same way he did in 06 against the mavs and beat their faces once again.

He might even put a lil motor on bosh and bron as well....Mavs will have even less of a chance of beating the heat this year.

PS. You can twist how the 2006 finals developed all you want.....The heat beat you fair and square.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tayshawn. Show Tayshawn's posts

Re: Will Stern fix the Finals the same way he did last time Dallas and Miami played for the title?

df2 = Tommy Heinsohn

celtics fans are so pathetic with their conspiracy theories.  They believe the NBA is the WWF, and yet they still watch and then on come on here to post about it.

Laughing

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from df2. Show df2's posts

In Response to Re: Will Stern fix the Finals the same way he did last time Dallas and Miami played for the title?:
    I think stern is going to fix the finals again....this time around he is going to do the same...........he is going to put a lil motor in wades butt so that can can accelerate the same way he did in 06 against the mavs and beat their faces once again. He might even put a lil motor on bosh and bron as well....Mavs will have even less of a chance of beating the heat this year. PS. You can twist how the 2006 finals developed all you want.....The heat beat you fair and square.
    Posted by Wade3

Yeah once Perkins and Shaq were gone and their point guard was playing with one arm (due to a cheap shot by one of the HGH twins) the Heat got a lot better at beating the Celtics. Sorry if I'm not impressed. 

I don't see what that has to do with the fact that most people consider the Heat/Mavs Finals to have been fixed. I wasn't complaining. I was rooting for the Heat because they had our captain: Antoine Walker.

I'm just wondering if the Mavs will get a fair shake this time around. With the Stern/Cuban dynamic I'm skeptical.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tayshawn. Show Tayshawn's posts

In Response to Re: Will Stern fix the Finals the same way he did last time Dallas and Miami played for the title?:
    In Response to Re: Will Stern fix the Finals the same way he did last time Dallas and Miami played for the title? : Yeah once Perkins and Shaq were gone and their point guard was playing with one arm (due to a cheap shot by one of the HGH twins) the Heat got a lot better at beating the Celtics. Sorry if I'm not impressed.  I don't see what that has to do with the fact that most people consider the Heat/Mavs Finals to have been fixed. I wasn't complaining. I was rooting for the Heat because they had our captain: Antoine Walker. I'm just wondering if the Mavs will get a fair shake this time around. With the Stern/Cuban dynamic I'm skeptical.
    Posted by df2

And more EXCUSES,,, you really are Tommy Heinson, aren't you? 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from df2. Show df2's posts

df2 = Tommy Heinsohn celtics fans are so pathetic with their conspiracy theories.  They believe the NBA is the WWF, and yet they still watch and then on come on here to post about it.
    Posted by Tayshawn

I love it! I'm being talked down to by somebody that is so ignorant they actually think the NBA is on the level. Priceless!

I don't watch non Celtics games anymore. Any sane rational person can tell that there is something amiss with the officiating. It has ruined the sport.  

You want to think the NBA is on the level, go ahead. Who cares? But you don't need to come here and whine about it. Or maybe you do. If you were well you wouldn't be trolling these boards.

Either way, you keep living in fantasy land. Don't forget to leave that tooth under your pillow tonight or the tooth fairy wont leave you any money.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelitcsFoo. Show CelitcsFoo's posts

According to lakers fans no such things exist (despite crooked refs that get thrown in prison for fixing games), so, no-things will just occur naturally as they should.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tayshawn. Show Tayshawn's posts

df2 and celticsfoo - - Why even bother watching any NBA game then? I mean if it is all set up and the winner is already pre-determined, why bother?  I now must ask you, do you also watch WWE wrestling? Who is your favorite? Booker T or the Undertaker?

Tongue out

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

Yeah. It wasn't fixed. Wade always takes 25 then 21 FT's in back to back games. Only thing worse was the Sacramento Lakers game 6. Laker took 27 FT in in the 4th quarter and people try claiming the fix wasn't in.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tayshawn. Show Tayshawn's posts

tompenny, I guess the NBA was fixed back in the 60's too when the celtics won the majority of titles?

Laughing

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

tompenny, I guess the NBA was fixed back in the 60's too when the celtics won the majority of titles?
    Posted by Tayshawn

Didn't need to fix it then, we were playing the Lakers most of the time. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItsNot1966anymor. Show ItsNot1966anymor's posts

Anybody notice that LeBron has a Barry Bonds' size head?  Not suggesting anything, just a funny observation.  But Miami won the series in '06 because Dwayne Wade was simply on fire - it seemed like he couldn't miss.  As for fouls, yeah the Celtics have never got the benefit of the doubt.  I mean, ask Chicago about the series in 2009.  As much as you all whine about the 4th quarter of Game 7 last year, at least you got a Game 7.  The Lakers could have had a Game 7 in 2008, if not for the 39-11 FT disparity in Game 2 that helped BOS avoid the huge comeback. 

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

Posted by Tayshawn

Tayshawn. Do you think the refs do a good job across the board and are equally fair to all teams?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

"INCREDIBLE" Now we are making EXCUSES and CONSPIRACY THEORIES for other teams. You have got to be kidding me. I refuse to believe this. Miami is the team that is playing the best basketball in the playoffs period. And yes they crushed us and when they win we can say we lost to the best team and Champions. Just saying...
    Posted by RicoCeltic

But we wern't swept out like punks were we!

In BUSS we Trust!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from df2. Show df2's posts

df2 and celticsfoo - - Why even bother watching any NBA game then? I mean if it is all set up and the winner is already pre-determined, why bother?  I now must ask you, do you also watch WWE wrestling? Who is your favorite? Booker T or the Undertaker?
    Posted by Tayshawn

Never been into wrestling- even as a kid. But as an adult, the idea of two half naked sweaty guys groping each other in a ring doesn't really do anything for me. One of the many reasons I have no interest in wrestling.

As far as the NBA goes, I rarely ever watch games that don't involve the Celtics. And it's because of the officiating. I think I still watch the Celtics out of loyalty and habit. There is nothing fun about watching the officiating in this league.

Sure, there is some bad officiating in the other three sports. But I almost never walk away from a game in any of those other sports feeling like the refs handed one team a game. That happens all the time in the NBA.

The Finals are about to start. And I have no idea if the players are going to be allowed to decide the outcome. No rational person does . 

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

ANY ONE CAN LOVE THE C'S AS MUCH AS ME BUT NO ONE CAN LOVE THEM MORE
    Dwight Howard and Austin Rivers will be Celtics in 2012 According to Mr. Bad Luck Jinx P34, Fierce-34 or whatever he's calling him self today.
    By the way I don't have a man Crush on Paul Pierce... Or Kyceltic for that matter...
    ANY ONE CAN LOVE THE C'S AS MUCH AS ME BUT NO ONE CAN LOVE THEM MORE

Poor Rico is becoming unhinged at his grief over the lakers. here are your colors Rico: 
    In Buss we trust (Jim Buss that is HAHAHAHAHAHAH)

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

Posted by Tayshawn

Even Lakers fans know that game was fixed don't be stupid and that was well before the allegations. When anyone mentions a fix that is the game that come always comes up because it was so blatant. Teams don't shoot 27 FT's in a quarter. Especially a 4th quarter when they are getting whupped. Then again you probably didn't even watch that game. You jumped on the Lakers bandwagon a few years ago.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from stiorevo. Show stiorevo's posts

Come on, why would he Stern take a year off? 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Dallas choked that series, sorry. I didn't agree with some of the officiating but Dallas choked. Haslem got in Dirk's head and we'll see if it happens again. 

Stern had nothing to gain by the Heat winning and the Mavs losing. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tayshawn. Show Tayshawn's posts

Only in beantown, where the celtic fans listen religously to a blowhard named Tommy Heinsohn and then fall right in line with his thinking.

so sad and pathetic....

Surprised

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from df2. Show df2's posts

Stern had nothing to gain by the Heat winning and the Mavs losing. 
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker

Other than to stick it to Mark Cuban. But nobody can prove it. So anyone that speaks out is easily dismissed as some sort of conspiracy nut. It's beautiful.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

Only in beantown, where the celtic fans listen religously to a blowhard named Tommy Heinsohn and then fall right in line with his thinking. so sad and pathetic....
    Posted by Tayshawn

Every team has a homer announcer just like TH. Do you ever add anything to the board other than bashing the Cs?

Sections
Shortcuts