Will Stern fix the Finals the same way he did last time Dallas and Miami played for the title?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tayshawn. Show Tayshawn's posts

Re: Will Stern fix the Finals the same way he did last time Dallas and Miami played for the title?

In Response to Re: Will Stern fix the Finals the same way he did last time Dallas and Miami played for the title?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Will Stern fix the Finals the same way he did last time Dallas and Miami played for the title? : Every team has a homer announcer just like TH. Do you ever add anything to the board other than bashing the Cs?
    Posted by antiqueman1[/QUOTE]

You really need to get the NBA League Pass this next year and watch a few games on other networks. There are a few homers out there, but none even close to Tommy Heinsohn. Stu Lance and and Joel Meyers announce the Lakers games, and they are always classy and never mock referrees or their calls. This probably explains why the NBA fans in the Los Angeles area are much more astute and knowledgeable about the game.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tayshawn. Show Tayshawn's posts

Re: Will Stern fix the Finals the same way he did last time Dallas and Miami played for the title?

df2 = conspiracy nut

He even admitted it.

Thanks for playing. Cool

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

I will not be surprised if the game is called in favor of the Heat.  The refs can work with a little bias and give advantage to a team.  Given all the salivation over the Heat, I expect the game to be called to their advantage.

Just revisit the Lakers-Sacramento series.  I know of a number of Sac fans that stopped watching NBA after those series.  Not that it matters to NBA because there are a lot more Lakers fans than Kings fans.

NBA is a business.  Their marketing style is to promote a phenomenon.  Right now, Heat are just that.  Miami winning the title will create a lot more story lines than Mavs.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tayshawn. Show Tayshawn's posts

In Response to Re: Will Stern fix the Finals the same way he did last time Dallas and Miami played for the title?:
    [QUOTE]I will not be surprised if the game is called in favor of the Heat.  The refs can work with a little bias and give advantage to a team.  Given all the salivation over the Heat, I expect the game to be called to their advantage. Just revisit the Lakers-Sacramento series.  I know of a number of Sac fans that stopped watching NBA after those series.  Not that it matters to NBA because there are a lot more Lakers fans than Kings fans. NBA is a business.  Their marketing style is to promote a phenomenon.  Right now, Heat are just that.  Miami winning the title will create a lot more story lines than Mavs.
    Posted by prakash[/QUOTE]

Do you cheer for Booker T or the Undertaker whenever they wrestle each other in the WWE?

Surprised

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItsNot1966anymor. Show ItsNot1966anymor's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Will Stern fix the Finals the same way he did last time Dallas and Miami played for the title? : You really need to get the NBA League Pass this next year and watch a few games on other networks. There are a few homers out there, but none even close to Tommy Heinsohn. Stu Lance and and Joel Meyers announce the Lakers games, and they are always classy and never mock referrees or their calls. This probably explains why the NBA fans in the Los Angeles area are much more astute and knowledgeable about the game.
    Posted by Tayshawn[/QUOTE]

The 2 Mikes in Portland can rival Heinsohn, but you're right about Stu Lantz and Joel.  Stu calls out the Lakers all the time.  Mychal Thompson is a bit of a homer on the radio, but not on Heinsohn's level, and Spero Dedes brings the objectivity back down to a  reasonable level.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

This is one thing wrestling and the NBA definately do have in common. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wade's denial of PEDs in NBA hardly believable

By Ray Ratto
    CBSSports.com Columnist
    Tell Ray your opinion!

Derrick Rose either did or did not say performance-enhancing drugs are a "huge" problem in the NBA. And we're fine with either contention. You have to define "PEDs," "huge" and "problem," of course, but that's just another of those eye-of-the-beholder things.

But the part of the Rose story (see Comrade Berger for further edification) that's fascinating is the response by Dwyane Wade.

Rashard Lewis, when he played in Orlando, is just one NBA player who's tested positive for PEDs. (Getty Images)  
    Rashard Lewis, when he played in Orlando, is just one NBA player who's tested positive for PEDs. (Getty Images)  
    "Haven't seen nothing, haven't heard nothing," Wade said. "No. I just don't think there is [a doping problem]. It's nothing I've ever experienced in basketball. Never seen it. It's nothing that I think takes place."

Well, that's exactly the response baseball players had until they started getting caught, and cyclists until they started getting caught, and football players until they started getting caught. "Sure, it's a problem somewhere, but not my sport. It's too specialized, too graceful, too blah-blah-blah-de-blah-blah."

In other words, the NBA is like every other sport. It has skills that drugs can enhance. You just have to find the right drugs.

And just as Charles Barkley said about gays in sports, drugs are there too. They don't avoid the NBA. It's foolish to think otherwise.

And why, you ask? Because not every performance-enhancer makes you musclebound. Some merely restore you to health quicker. Some help enhance your eyesight. Some help with the intricacies of blood doping. There are lots of ways to perform, and lots of ways to enhance those ways.

The myth here, the one Wade is either subscribing to or relying upon for his denial, is that you can spot a drug user a mile away. Well, you can't.

Oh, there's the back acne test, and the enlarged skull test, and the sudden-weight-gain test, and the right-after-retirement weight-loss test, and the hit-the-ball-father-throw-it-faster test, and all the other eyeball tests that sportswriters in particular like to employ to mask the fact that almost none of them are chemists.

But performance enhancing is not an eyeball test sort of thing. Just as there are lots of ways to do it, there are lots of ways to mask it, both internally and externally.

In short, Dwyane Wade's analysis is not all that helpful because: a) he is protecting the logo like any company man would; b) because he isn't up on everything with every team, because nobody can be, and; c) because the best way to suspect PED use is to hear someone deny it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I with you. 

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Will Stern fix the Finals the same way he did last time Dallas and Miami played for the title? : You really need to get the NBA League Pass this next year and watch a few games on other networks. There are a few homers out there, but none even close to Tommy Heinsohn. Stu Lance and and Joel Meyers announce the Lakers games, and they are always classy and never mock referrees or their calls. This probably explains why the NBA fans in the Los Angeles area are much more astute and knowledgeable about the game.

Since you claim to be so knowledgeable Tayshawn lakerfan, explain the Laker meltdown?  Every team has its homer announcers whether they be on TV or radio. The NBA is a business, and as far as it is concerned, it can't earn big enough profits with an aging Celtics team and a disfunctional Lakers squad with an aging Bryant. So, the Heat are the new NBA market tool. And I guess where Chris Paul and D Howard end up. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from lakersavenger. Show lakersavenger's posts

Hey df2, can you answer honestly to the following queations:

Do you believe Obama was born in Kenya?
    Do you believe he is a Manchurian Candidate?
    Do you believe we never landed on the moon?
    Are you a member of the Tea Party?
    Do you believe there is a conspiracy in the NBA?

And last question, have you been psychologically evaluated?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

Do all of you really think the NBA is clean and without corruption? Then you are in denial.  And yes, refs can change a potential outcome in a game. I don't blame the Cs loss to the Heat on the refs just as I am sure the Lakers don't blame the refs for their meltdown. But as a fan, of course you think the refs can sometimes be more favorable to the other team when you lose.  And sometimes the numbers help make that claim seem more valid. Glaring desperity in free throws is a prime example. It is what it is. And there is no way Lebron goes most games lately with only 1 foul. Come on. At least be obejectionable fans. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Will Stern fix the Finals the same way he did last time Dallas and Miami played for the title? : Do you cheer for Booker T or the Undertaker whenever they wrestle each other in the WWE?

Ouch!  Man, you are a nasty dude.

NBA is the only sport where the phrase "gets respect from the refrees" is used routinely in broadcasts.  Also, "they are letting them play" or "they are calling this game tight".  Listen carefully when you watch the game next time and watch even more carefully.  And practice comprehension before you come back to read my post.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

Game 6 Sac Lakers. 100 percent fixed. Look how many times the announces say terrible call not a foul which were blatatnly obvious bad calls.  It was the worse officated playoff game in over 20 years easily. It cracks me up people try to even deny it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlByVWEEXE8&feature=related

Want the best laugh. Look at Kobe blatantly elbow Bibby right in the face @ 1:20. Ref is looking right at the play. It would have gave Sac FT's and the lead.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0KJvlSUB-w&feature=related

Please someone amuse us all and claim the refs just all had a bad day. Every single one of them.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItsNot1966anymor. Show ItsNot1966anymor's posts

So funny that when Lakers win hotly contested games, it must be because it was "fixed".  Game 6 of the WCF was tied going into the 4th quarter.  You make it seem like they were down 20 and only got back into it b/c of foul calls.  Did you see Game 7 of that series?  SAC would have won if they could have hit more than 16 - 30 FTs.  Anyway, it's the same thing with Game 7 last year.  Celtics blow a 13 point lead, and Lakers came back to 57-55 with 11 minutes in the 4th quarter.  From that point on, you all say it was "fixed".  Excuse me, it was a very close game and the only questionable call was the Pau-Pierce collision at half-court, which was called a foul on Pierce.  That was a bad call.  All the other calls were fair calls.  The point being the both games were very close at the point that everyone claims they were "fixed".  Fixing is more appropriately claimed when there is a huge disparity in calls, and one team either gets back into the game only because of it, or is able to hold on only because of it.  See Game 2 of the 2008 Finals.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

you guys havent been watching dallas

Dallas is going to destroy Miami...Dallas in 5 or 6, mark it down.  shines01 said it on BDC on 5-27-11 at 6:02 PM...mark it down.  You guys should watch a little more basketball before you make such uninformed posts and stupid predictions.  Mark it down.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

[QUOTE]So funny that when Lakers win hotly contested games, it must be because it was "fixed".  Game 6 of the WCF was tied going into the 4th quarter.  You make it seem like they were down 20 and only got back into it b/c of foul calls.  Did you see Game 7 of that series?  SAC would have won if they could have hit more than 16 - 30 FTs.  Anyway, it's the same thing with Game 7 last year.  Celtics blow a 13 point lead, and Lakers came back to 57-55 with 11 minutes in the 4th quarter.  From that point on, you all say it was "fixed".  Excuse me, it was a very close game and the only questionable call was the Pau-Pierce collision at half-court, which was called a foul on Pierce.  That was a bad call.  All the other calls were fair calls.  The point being the both games were very close at the point that everyone claims they were "fixed".  Fixing is more appropriately claimed when there is a huge disparity in calls, and one team either gets back into the game only because of it, or is able to hold on only because of it.  See Game 2 of the 2008 Finals.
    Posted by ItsNot1966anymor[/QUOTE]

They shot 27 FT's in the 4th without using hack a Shaq. Save the BS. They got all those bad calls in the 4th.  There wouldn't have been a game 7 if Sac didn't get robbed. Everyone knows this. No team has ever taken 27 free throws in a quarter in a game in NBA history in the regular season...yet they magically do it in the playoffs?  That's thousands of more games that it hasn't been done. They hit 4 shots that quarter. 1 shot in the last 6 minutes.Stop kidding yourself.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItsNot1966anymor. Show ItsNot1966anymor's posts

Yes, I'm sure Floppy Bi-yach (Vlade Divac) reputation as a flopper had nothing to do with some of the calls.  I'm sure you think Dallas - Portland Game 1 this year was "fixed" because Dallas shot 19FTs in the 4th quarter compared to 2 for Portland.  And I'm sure the 1988 Atlanta Hawks have nothing to complain about in Games 6 and 7 of their series against Boston.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

Re: you guys havent been watching dallas

In Response to you guys havent been watching dallas:
    [QUOTE]Dallas is going to destroy Miami...Dallas in 5 or 6, mark it down.  shines01 said it on BDC on 5-27-11 at 6:02 PM...mark it down.  You guys should watch a little more basketball before you make such uninformed posts and stupid predictions.  Mark it down.
    Posted by shines01[/QUOTE]
    I hope you're right. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]Do all of you really think the NBA is clean and without corruption? Then you are in denial.  And yes, refs can change a potential outcome in a game. I don't blame the Cs loss to the Heat on the refs just as I am sure the Lakers don't blame the refs for their meltdown. But as a fan, of course you think the refs can sometimes be more favorable to the other team when you lose.  And sometimes the numbers help make that claim seem more valid. Glaring desperity in free throws is a prime example. It is what it is. And there is no way Lebron goes most games lately with only 1 foul. Come on. At least be obejectionable fans. 
    Posted by antiqueman1[/QUOTE]

Great post and I agree with you 100%.  The NBA is the one sport where the officiating can change the outcome of the game, more than other sports.  Bad calls do exist in the other major sports, but usually don't influence the outcome to the same degree as in the NBA.  I wouldn't be surprised if athletes use performing enhancing drugs in most major sports.  Just because it hasn't been proven, you would be naive to believe that it doesn't exist. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

I'm amazed that anybody will agree that exxon or ortho or our federal govt are corrupt, but won't consider the possibility that the nba is corrupt.  It's my feelings that marketing drives EVERY corporation, including the nba.

The fix WILL be in this time, but it will be dallas getting the calls this time.  You could see it was their TURN from the start of the year.  Even before.  All star game in the new arena.  Look at the call they got when they "took" the foul against ray allen.

Look at the playoffs.  Lakers have always shot tons of ft's.  This year it's dirk to the line 3x as much as kobe.  KD, a huge beneficiary of calls, gets outshot by dirk nightly.  NOBODY can defend dirk without being a LITTLE physical.  When I looked, dallas shot around 14 more ft's per game and it's not like OKC hadn't been getting some ft's.

So now it's two teams that have been enjoying a huge FT differential all year.  How will the series go?  Watch the ft's in game1 and you'll know who will win this series.  It will be dallas.  This is mark's makeup year from the terrible robbing dallas endured in game3 5 or 6 years ago.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Re: you guys havent been watching dallas

In Response to you guys havent been watching dallas:
    [QUOTE]Dallas is going to destroy Miami...Dallas in 5 or 6, mark it down.  shines01 said it on BDC on 5-27-11 at 6:02 PM...mark it down.  You guys should watch a little more basketball before you make such uninformed posts and stupid predictions.  Mark it down.
    Posted by shines01[/QUOTE]

I hope that you are right.  I really want to see Dallas win the championship this year. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from startrightnow. Show startrightnow's posts

Its like 2002 all over again except worse. I mean the calls Mia got back then were absoluetly crazy. The calls they just got this past series against the Bulls really made the NBA look bad. Chi has a better front court by far. More physical , stronger , faster , more athletic , just better all around. And Mia got 2-3 times the calls when the games were played in CHI! Theres no way you can respect the NBA anymore , 2002 , 2005 and this year is a joke. One thing i know people dont understand is all the money on Mia ... lol now be honest when i said that you all thought sports betting etc. No actually theres 100% more legal $$$ riding on the Heat. Nike alone will stand to make 4 billion if the Heat win , 4 billion!!! And thats one company lol , gatorade , state farm etc. and the rest of the big deals LJ/Wade have w/ these companies. And now factor in all the $$$ from gambling on the Heat , either present day bets or futures/props that everyone , including the books themselves on the Heat. Im not here to argue if the NBA is fixed , lol serious people know it is. I hate to say that and its hard to come to grips w/ growing up watching this sport , playing it etc and realizing this , but hey its the truth. Who knows who fixes it or how , you dont need to know who doing it , to know its being done! I really dont have if Stern himself has a 500, 000 pending wage on the Heat , but something needs to happen w/ this sport. The opinion that the NBA is fixed is becoming more and more mainstream , which obviously is a bad thing. When degen. gamblers are starting to lay off hoops bc its so obvious theres a problem.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from df2. Show df2's posts

[QUOTE]df2 = conspiracy nut He even admitted it. Thanks for playing.

Your severe lack of reading comprehension skills and ability to draw the opposite conclusion that any sane person would derive from a chain of thought are both incredible. It explains why you think the NBA is on the level.

It's the response you would expect from a six year old if you told them there was no Santa. Just stomp your feet and insist there IS a Santa.

I never said I was a conpiracy nut. What I said was that the label was an easy way for people to dismiss an obvious issue without actually addressing it.

I hoping that you aren't that stupid. It seems you just come here to start trouble. Which is even more pathetic.

Get a life. 

Sections
Shortcuts