Will the 2011 NBA season be played??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Will the 2011 NBA season be played??

I have to agree with Barkley. Unless one side completely caves I don't see them playing this upcoming season. Stern has to navigate through this very carefully. He's got some owners losing money and others making money. In many ways the NBA is in worse shape than the NFL. Owners give ridiculous contracts but the only way they think they can compete is by giving ridiculous contracts.

I say contraction is the way to go but which owners does Stern approach about contraction? I believe there are 4 NBA owners which are also NHL owners so they know what contraction and a lockout looks like.

The good thing about basketball unlike football is the players can stay in shape and play pickup games anywhere. I wonder would the NBAPA try and get the players to play in exhibition All-Star games to generate public support and charge minimal prices.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Re: Will the 2011 NBA season be played??

I think 50 games and playoffs.  Which will be a good last run for this group.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

Teams to go: NO, Kings, Pacers (sorry Larry), Grizzlies, Clips, Bobcats, Raptors.  I'd include NJ but the new owner has $$$ and they're relocating to Stern's town (ergo - a fav of his).  My second "unit" would be Wizards, Bucks, 'Wolves, Rockets.  A reverse dispersal draft would enhance the overall play in the league by trimming the chaff from every roster and enliven the playoffs (the 4 and out Knicks might get better).  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: Will the 2011 NBA season be played??:
    [QUOTE]Teams to go: NO, Kings, Pacers (sorry Larry), Grizzlies, Clips, Bobcats, Raptors.  I'd include NJ but the new owner has $$$ and they're relocating to Stern's town (ergo - a fav of his).  My second "unit" would be Wizards, Bucks, 'Wolves, Rockets.  A reverse dispersal draft would enhance the overall play in the league by trimming the chaff from every roster and enliven the playoffs (the 4 and out K n i c k s might get better).  
    Posted by painter[/QUOTE]

WAAYY too many.  4 tops!  I say yes to NO and SAC, but we don't know the finances of the other teams.  My guess is MEM and LAC aren't going anywhere.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]The Celts will benefit if there is a shortened seasoned or if there's no season at all!
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

Chris Mannix said that a shortened season would mean more back to back games in order to play enough games.  That wouldn't really benefit the Celtics or any team that has a lot of older players.  He  wasn't very optimistic about a season next year. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Will the 2011 NBA season be played??:
    [QUOTE]I have to agree with Barkley. Unless one side completely caves I don't see them playing this upcoming season. Stern has to navigate through this very carefully. He's got some owners losing money and others making money. In many ways the NBA is in worse shape than the NFL. Owners give ridiculous contracts but the only way they think they can compete is by giving ridiculous contracts. I say contraction is the way to go but which owners does Stern approach about contraction? I believe there are 4 NBA owners which are also NHL owners so they know what contraction and a lockout looks like. The good thing about basketball unlike football is the players can stay in shape and play pickup games anywhere. I wonder would the NBAPA try and get the players to play in exhibition All-Star games to generate public support and charge minimal prices.
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

I agree with you.  Everything that I read and heard before the season ended said that the two sides were very far apart and a lot of teams are losing money.  Their situtation is much more serious than the NFL.  All of the NFL teams are making money which is very different than the NBA. 

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamLock. Show JamLock's posts

In Response to Will the 2011 NBA season be played??:
    [QUOTE]I have to agree with Barkley. Unless one side completely caves I don't see them playing this upcoming season. Stern has to navigate through this very carefully. He's got some owners losing money and others making money. In many ways the NBA is in worse shape than the NFL. Owners give ridiculous contracts but the only way they think they can compete is by giving ridiculous contracts. I say contraction is the way to go but which owners does Stern approach about contraction? I believe there are 4 NBA owners which are also NHL owners so they know what contraction and a lockout looks like. The good thing about basketball unlike football is the players can stay in shape and play pickup games anywhere. I wonder would the NBAPA try and get the players to play in exhibition All-Star games to generate public support and charge minimal prices.
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

Hoping for no lost games.  To do so would be a pity.

As Always,

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ConnectingRod. Show ConnectingRod's posts

[QUOTE]A shortened season or no season at all = less Fraud34
    Posted by Mployee8[/QUOTE]

I have a suggestion that will be sort of like a compromise so that you and Fierce can coexist on this board. Why don't you use another username, like Mployee9 or Colonel Gaddafi. Technically, only Mployee8 is not allowed to post until October, wink wink.