1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Re: Will The Cavs Trade Varejao?

In response to Fiercest34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to BCSP's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Fierce - maybe DA can convince Gilbert this is his best chance to get even with Miami / Lebron!!

Gilbert would be tweeting like no other (something about carma I am sure), if Varejao was the difference maker in a Heat Celtics playoff series!!

[/QUOTE]

That's not really practical.

Gilbert's prediction of the Cavs winning a championship first before Lebron already went down the drain. So the Gilbert vs. Lebron thing is really irrelevant now.

I'm not against getting Varejao, I just don't think the Celts have the pieces to get it done.

Once another team offers a lottery pick then the Celts' offer won't come close.

[/QUOTE]

We are talking about the same guy who wrote this:

"I PERSONALLY GUARANTEE THAT THE CLEVELAND CAVALIERS WILL WIN AN NBA CHAMPIONSHIP BEFORE THE SELF-TITLED FORMER 'KING' WINS ONE."

Of course what he wrote did not work out, but he looks like the type of guy who might hold on to a grudge for a while.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

[QUOTE]

Right now the Cavs are set at the PG and SG spot. If the Cavs are going to trade Varejao, it's going to be for a SF. The Cavs only have Gee there so that's the position that needs an upgrade.

The Celts would have to offer Jeff Green, Fab Melo, and multiple draft picks.

The Cavs already have Tristan Thompson, an undersized PF, so they won't want Bass.

[/QUOTE]

I agree with you! I think the Cav's price will be to high!

I hope the Sixers do not make a run at Varejao (to replace Bynum)!

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Right now the Cavs are set at the PG and SG spot. If the Cavs are going to trade Varejao, it's going to be for a SF. The Cavs only have Gee there so that's the position that needs an upgrade.

The Celts would have to offer Jeff Green, Fab Melo, and multiple draft picks.

The Cavs already have Tristan Thompson, an undersized PF, so they won't want Bass.

[/QUOTE]

I agree with you! I think the Cav's price will be to high!

I hope the Sixers do not make a run at Varejao (to replace Bynum)!

[/QUOTE]

I think we have to be realistic. Whether we like it or not, Ainge is rebuilding on the fly. I don't think Ainge will sacrifice the future for a shot at beating the Heat this season. The Heat are just too good.

Even if the Celts get that big they desperately need, that will only improve the Celts chances against other teams. When the Celts face the Heat in the playoffs, the Heat will have their way against the Celts because the Celts can never stop Lebron. What's worse, the Heat might end up forcing the Celts to play small. KG and Varejao can't cover Bosh and Battier. Varejao is not a low post threat so Battier can defend Varejao on the perimeter. So the Celts will be back to small ball again.

But if the Celts get Gortat, the Celts might be able to force the Heat to play big because Gortat loves to score inside using his height advantage.

[/QUOTE]

I definately agree! Another variable in this equation will be health! You never know how healthy players will be at the end of the season.

With Gortat, JG & JS's ascending game, a healthy AB, and a decently rested / healthy big 3!! Anything is possible!!

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I definately agree! Another variable in this equation will be health! You never know how healthy players will be at the end of the season.

With Gortat, JG's ascending game, a healthy AB, and a decently rested / healthy big 3!! Anything is possible!!

[/QUOTE]

There are 2 teams who clearly beat the Heat this season. The Clips and Griz beat the crap out of the Heat. How did they do it? Inside the paint!

The Heat are so weak inside the paint. That's what the Celts have to exploit. Force the Heat to play big. That's the way to do it. The Griz and Clips already proved that.

[/QUOTE]

I am onboard!

With Gortat's trade value dipping a bit (recent performance on court), we can all hope the C's get an early Christmas present!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Varejao & Irving for Rondo??? Where do we sign????

Steal of the century

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

With Gortat, JG's ascending game, a healthy AB, and a decently rested / healthy big 3!! Anything is possible!!

[/QUOTE]

There are 2 teams who clearly beat the Heat this season. The Clips and Griz beat the crap out of the Heat. How did they do it? Inside the paint!

The Heat are so weak inside the paint. That's what the Celts have to exploit. Force the Heat to play big. That's the way to do it. The Griz and Clips already proved that.

[/QUOTE]

By that assumption the Lakers should kill the Heat.  They not done so the last couple of years.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

why would the Cavs trade Varejoa when he is one of the best value contracts in the League

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

To get more picks or young talent..they are not going anywhere soon...he is hot right now..depends on what you get in return...

Sections
Shortcuts