Will The Real Big Three Please Stand Up?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rpn123321. Show rpn123321's posts

Re: Will The Real Big Three Please Stand Up?

The heat won't even compete. All they have is three big superstars, two washed up centers, and an overrated power forward in Haslem, who has foolishly just thrown away 15 million dollars to play with these idiots in the prime of his career. The only way they could compete if Lebron, Wade, and Bosh play every minute of every game. The olympics should have taught them that you can't win if your team has number one guys as your core.

When the celts big three was formed, they had already had a bench who had played together for a few years before hand. It's not as simple as add three all-stars to your team and you'll win, like they think.

This will be a disaster, I predict that by mid season, they are barely a .500 team. The obvious will be pointed out that they need depth on the bench to sustain leads their "big three" get them. Ultimately, they have to make a trade as they don't have picks for the next hundred years it seems with all the sign and trades. So the question is which one of their big three gets sacrificed? I love it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeamUmbutu. Show TeamUmbutu's posts

RPN,

While I share your skepticism about the Heat's instant success, I do believe that they will contend. Until the rosters are complete and a few games have been played, it is almost impossible to predict their competitive level.

As of today, I like the Celtics, then the Magic, the Heat and then Chicago.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeezem. Show jeezem's posts

who's the best shooter on Miami when the swing the ball for the open shot.  that's right, it looks like none of them.  clank.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davy49. Show Davy49's posts

In Response to Re: Will The Real Big Three Please Stand Up?:
    RPN, While I share your skepticism about the Heat's instant success, I do believe that they will contend. Until the rosters are complete and a few games have been played, it is almost impossible to predict their competitive level. As of today, I like the Celtics, then the Magic, the Heat and then Chicago.
    Posted by TeamUmbutu

Miami will sighn some one to match The Three! I believe it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davy49. Show Davy49's posts

Will The Real Big Three Please Stand Up?

With “The Decision” last week that sent the best basketball player on the planet (in case you’re a caveman that’s LeBron James) to the Miami Heat, LeBron will join fellow NBA all-stars Dwayne Wade and Chris Bosh.

There is one team, however, that is bringing back their own superstars to compete against the Heat in the Eastern Conference, and this trio of NBA veterans is not willing to easily hand over the NBA betting title of “The Big Three.”

The trio of stars from Boston that teamed up in the summer of 2007 to win an NBA championship in their first season playing together are jumping on to new contracts to try and win their second NBA Finals betting championship in just four years together.

Boston Celtics guard Ray Allen signed a two-year deal on Tuesday, reportedly valued at $20 million to stay on with all-star teammates Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett. Pierce has reportedly agreed to a new contract, and Garnett has two years left on his.

After losing to the Lakers in the NBA Finals this past June, in an intense 7-game series, the Celtics showcased why they are still the best team in the Eastern Conference and able to compete for a championship.

The Heat may be in for a rude awakening if they think they will just breeze through the Eastern Conference without a challenge.

The Celtics posses the pieces to reach the NBA Finals again this year, with a supporting cast that has proven their ability to play amongst Garnett, Pierce, and Allen.

The biggest doubt for the Celtics when they signed “The Big Three” was how would young point guard Rajon Rondo and center Kendrick Perkins respond.

Would they be able to fill in the pieces to help propel the Celtics toward a championship?

In three years since “The Big Three” were brought in to Beantown, Rondo and Perkins have exceeded all expectations. After being drafted in 2006, Rondo received his first all-star appearance last year. He has improved every year in points, assists, and steals averaging a career best in all three categories last year with 13.7 PPG, 9.8 APG, and 2.3 SPG.

Kendrick Perkins has developed into a hardworking center that takes a lot of the interior punishment in games so veteran superstar Kevin Garnett can be effective on the offensive end.

The Celtics have aligned their stars and are ready to challenge for the NBA Eastern Conference title against the young trio in Miami.

The Heat are in a very similar situation as the Celtics were when they originally signed their “Big Three.” Miami will need forward Udonis Haslem and third-year point guard Mario Chalmers to successfully adapt to playing alongside three megastars.

Will The Real Big Three Please Stand Up? What do you think about it?

And what is the other person thinking?

More...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MustangBri. Show MustangBri's posts

The heat won't even compete. All they have is three big superstars, two washed up centers, and an overrated power forward in Haslem, who has foolishly just thrown away 15 million dollars to play with these idiots in the prime of his career. The only way they could compete if Lebron, Wade, and Bosh play every minute of every game. The olympics should have taught them that you can't win if your team has number one guys as your core. When the celts big three was formed, they had already had a bench who had played together for a few years before hand. It's not as simple as add three all-stars to your team and you'll win, like they think. This will be a disaster, I predict that by mid season, they are barely a .500 team. The obvious will be pointed out that they need depth on the bench to sustain leads their "big three" get them. Ultimately, they have to make a trade as they don't have picks for the next hundred years it seems with all the sign and trades. So the question is which one of their big three gets sacrificed? I love it.
    Posted by rpn123321

I'd like to think you are right, but....  This an "exceptionally talented" Big 3 at the height of their careers.  Our Big 3 were/are talented,  but on the latter 1/3rd of their careers.  We're obviously looking at 2 of the 3 best players in the game,  along with another guy that is top 10-15.  I'm not even sure any of our Big 3 would rate in the aforementioned 10-15 range let alone have a premier stud like LBJ or Wade.  This has to make up for some deficiency they would currently have in their remaining mish/mosh of players. 

So in closing,  I believe they are destined to win multiple titles eventually,  just not right away.

FYI....  I hate LBJ and what he did to Cleveland.  I hope I am wrong about the above paragraphs.  Just saying.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from cantstopme. Show cantstopme's posts

unfortunately the heat will win 6 in a row unless another team is able to create some bizarre super squad. lbj, wade, bosh, z, haslem, chalmers, miller is already a championship team. you're crazy if you don't realize this. lebron james and dwyane wade are on the same team. end of story.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bobbarcker. Show Bobbarcker's posts

In Response to Will The Real Big Three Please Stand Up?:
    With “ The Decision ” last week that sent the best basketball player on the planet (in case you’re a caveman that’s LeBron James ) to the Miami Heat, LeBron will join fellow NBA all-stars Dwayne Wade and Chris Bosh . There is one team, however, that is bringing back their own superstars to compete against the Heat in the Eastern Conference, and this trio of NBA veterans is not willing to easily hand over the NBA betting title of “The Big Three.” The trio of stars from Boston that teamed up in the summer of 2007 to win an NBA championship in their first season playing together are jumping on to new contracts to try and win their second NBA Finals betting championship in just four years together. Boston Celtics guard Ray Allen signed a two-year deal on Tuesday, reportedly valued at $20 million to stay on with all-star teammates Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett. Pierce has reportedly agreed to a new contract, and Garnett has two years left on his. After losing to the Lakers in the NBA Finals this past June, in an intense 7-game series, the Celtics showcased why they are still the best team in the Eastern Conference and able to compete for a championship. The Heat may be in for a rude awakening if they think they will just breeze through the Eastern Conference without a challenge. The Celtics posses the pieces to reach the NBA Finals again this year, with a supporting cast that has proven their ability to play amongst Garnett, Pierce, and Allen. The biggest doubt for the Celtics when they signed “The Big Three” was how would young point guard Rajon Rondo and center Kendrick Perkins respond. Would they be able to fill in the pieces to help propel the Celtics toward a championship? In three years since “ The Big Three ” were brought in to Beantown, Rondo and Perkins have exceeded all expectations. After being drafted in 2006, Rondo received his first all-star appearance last year. He has improved every year in points, assists, and steals averaging a career best in all three categories last year with 13.7 PPG, 9.8 APG, and 2.3 SPG. Kendrick Perkins has developed into a hardworking center that takes a lot of the interior punishment in games so veteran superstar Kevin Garnett can be effective on the offensive end. The Celtics have aligned their stars and are ready to challenge for the NBA Eastern Conference title against the young trio in Miami. The Heat are in a very similar situation as the Celtics were when they originally signed their “ Big Three .” Miami will need forward Udonis Haslem and third-year point guard Mario Chalmers to successfully adapt to playing alongside three megastars. Will The Real Big Three Please Stand Up? What do you think about it? And what is the other person thinking ? More...
    Posted by Davy49

The Miami Heat may have just passed over the Celtics as it stands now. 

I know I am a Lakers fan and all, but I prefer that the Celtics be the team coming out of the East. I want a knock down, drag out rubber match. I know losing sucked for you all, because I was you in 2008. This thing was just getting good, a part three would be fun.

Unfortunately, the way the events have transpired in this off season for the Celtics, this a dim possibility. Circumstances have allowed the Celtics themselves to become a team in a very similar situation as the Heat. Both of these rosters are equally deficient after you move past the top 4 players on each roster.  The Celtics lost too many guys, they will have to downgrade because they have very little room to operate with financially.

The Celtics:
    Rondo
    Allen
    Pierce
    Garnett
    O'Neal

Big Baby
    Robinson*

The Heat:
    Wade
    Miller
    James
    Bosh
    Howard*

Haslem
    Ilgauskas
    Chalmers

The loss of Perkins hurts bad, because Rasheed is gone too. Perhaps JO fills that void, but it is a downgrade when you consider what the Celtics wanna do defensively. Tony Allen was a must resign, because you have to shop in the veteran minimum scrap heap to replace him. I hope they resigned lil Nate, or the same thing happens. Expecting Tony Gaffney,  Oliver Lafayette, and Avery Bradley to be effective pieces in a playoff rotation is really pushing it.

You need at minimum, an eight man rotation in the playoffs, preferably nine. Both of these teams are going to look to fill in the rest by competing for veteran minimum guys from the same shallow pool. For the sake of the rubber match, I hope Danny Ainge finds something productive to do with Rasheed's contract, because it is slim pickings from here on out. Competing with Miami, and South Beach, no income tax, and a rockstar environment is a big advantage over Boston. Realistically, it would be a shock if the best of what is left of the veteran ring chasers don't go to Miami. The weakness with the Heat was supposed to be their depth, and they are looking good to end up the deeper Team once the free agency process is finished.

Sorry fellas, this isn't looking good for a championship level roster. Remember that playoff rotation in 2008? That is what it is going to take to win it all. Based on where they are at now, it is a very large mountain to climb to get back to that level. Considering the available resources, and talent pool left to fish from, I can't see it. The real big three, whomever that is between these two teams, don't have anything on the big 5. Kobe..Artest..Odom..Gasol..Bynum.   May the force be with you.Cool

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davy49. Show Davy49's posts

Miller signs five-year deal with Heat

By the time next season's NBA playoffs arrive, nine years will have passed since Mike Miller last enjoyed a postseason victory.

He's coming to Miami to change that.

Miller signed his long-awaited five-year contract with the Heat on Thursday, becoming the latest player to take less money than he could have made elsewhere to play for Miami. LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Chris Bosh and Udonis Haslem all did the same in recent days, all with eyes on winning a championship.

"It's official!'' Miller wrote on Twitter, thanking the Heat, owner Micky Arison and team president Pat Riley for making it happen.

After James, Bosh and Wade decided to team up, the Heat knew they needed a shooter to complement the All-Star trio, and that only raised Miller's stock in Miami. Riley met with Miller in the very first moments after free agency opened at 12:01 a.m. eastern time on July 1, sitting down with him in a Beverly Hills hotel room for a sales pitch unlike any other.

The Heat, Riley said that night, were going after James and Bosh to join Wade. And they wanted Miller to join the party.

Miller talked with at least four other teams after that, but in the end, nothing was going to change his mind about coming to the Heat.

"Pat had a vision for the team, a vision that he laid out with evangelical fervor,'' Miller's agent, Arn Tellem, wrote on his blog earlier this week. "We left the room converted.''

The convert now has a contract, worth around $25 million. It was signed on the same day the Minnesota Timberwolves planned to introduce former Heat forward Michael Beasley to their fan base, which is more than coincidental. By trading Beasley for draft picks, that cleared the cap space Miami needed to sign Miller.

He agreed to the deal in principle late last week after James picked Miami. Some minor hangups in the contract process sparked speculation that Miller would go elsewhere, rumors that were proven unfounded.

Miller shot a career-best 48 percent from 3-point range last season with Washington, with career averages of 13.7 points and 5.1 rebounds.

James played a significant role in recruiting Miller to Miami, and in turn, that made Haslem's decision to stay much easier as well. Haslem and Miller have been close for many years, going back to their time together as Florida Gators.

"That's my college roommate,'' Haslem said earlier this week. "Our relationship is a lot deeper than just basketball. He's like Dwyane is to me, except we're just different colors. I would say Dwyane is my brother and I would say Mike is brother. Different backgrounds, obviously different races, but that's my brother.''

Miami becomes Miller's fifth NBA team, after stints with Orlando, Memphis, Minnesota and Washington. He hasn't appeared in a postseason game since 2006, and has never played in the second round of the playoffs. The last time he was part of a playoff win was with Orlando in 2002; Miller's teams are 0-14 in postseason contests since.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davy49. Show Davy49's posts

RPN, While I share your skepticism about the Heat's instant success, I do believe that they will contend. Until the rosters are complete and a few games have been played, it is almost impossible to predict their competitive level. As of today, I like the Celtics, then the Magic, the Heat and then Chicago.
    Posted by TeamUmbutu

I like Celtics too, cause of Kevin Garnett before, and now I like Heat also, cause of LeBron and Wade. And for Chicago, I like it when Michael Jordan there.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davy49. Show Davy49's posts

Waynestarr, Crazy analogy.  Scal has ring too.
    Posted by concord27

Yes, I think it is going to be excellent next season, especial playoff.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Waynestarr,
    Crazy analogy.  Scal has ring too.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

The heat won't even compete. All they have is three big superstars, two washed up centers, and an overrated power forward in Haslem, who has foolishly just thrown away 15 million dollars to play with these idiots in the prime of his career. The only way they could compete if Lebron, Wade, and Bosh play every minute of every game. The olympics should have taught them that you can't win if your team has number one guys as your core. When the celts big three was formed, they had already had a bench who had played together for a few years before hand. It's not as simple as add three all-stars to your team and you'll win, like they think. This will be a disaster, I predict that by mid season, they are barely a .500 team. The obvious will be pointed out that they need depth on the bench to sustain leads their "big three" get them. Ultimately, they have to make a trade as they don't have picks for the next hundred years it seems with all the sign and trades. So the question is which one of their big three gets sacrificed? I love it.
    Posted by rpn123321

I wouldn't say Haslem is overrated. He's a decent PF with a good 15 foot jumper.

He played center for the Heat when they didn't have one. He battled with other bigs in the post and he's not scared of contact.

Let's remember, he has as many championship rings as OUR Big 3 does.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davy49. Show Davy49's posts

In Response to Re: Will The Real Big Three Please Stand Up? : I wouldn't say Haslem is overrated. He's a decent PF with a good 15 foot jumper. He played center for the Heat when they didn't have one. He battled with other bigs in the post and he's not scared of contact. Let's remember, he has as many championship rings as OUR Big 3 does.
    Posted by Waynestarr

Haslem is ok!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

They added Mike Miller, he shot 48 percent from the 3 point line last season, and with LeBron and Wade cuting in the lane then passing out, he will get open looks all game every game. Believe me, he will be a force for the Heat next year. Mike Miller is a career 0.464 FG shooter and a career 0.405 three point shooter.

With Wade and LeBron being such great passers, like most experts mentioned, they don't need a true point guard.

They added three centers, Big Z(7-3), their rookie Dexter Pittman ( 6-10 290) and Joel Anthony ( 6-9, 245).

Center is still a question mark, but they do have 3 big guys. Big Z can still provide a quality 15-20 minutes a game. Dexter Pittman looks like a pounder, if he can grab boards and be that big body on the inside that they need, this team will be set to compete with ANYBODY in the NBA.

So saying this team will break apart by mid season and utterly fail is nonsense.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davy49. Show Davy49's posts

Miami is biger now.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Perk, if and when he gets healthy, KG, JO, BBD, Erden/Harangody...the Celtics are still the team to beat.  Im not worried about anything any other team is doing.  As long as everyone comes to camp in good condition and ready to gfrind it out for 9 months then its time to strap it up and get in the trenches and may the best team win!!!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

They added Mike Miller, he shot 48 percent from the 3 point line last season, and with LeBron and Wade cuting in the lane then passing out, he will get open looks all game every game. Believe me, he will be a force for the Heat next year. Mike Miller is a career 0.464 FG shooter and a career 0.405 three point shooter. With Wade and LeBron being such great passers, like most experts mentioned, they don't need a true point guard. They added three centers, Big Z(7-3), their rookie Dexter Pittman ( 6-10 290) and Joel Anthony ( 6-9, 245). Center is still a question mark, but they do have 3 big guys. Big Z can still provide a quality 15-20 minutes a game. Dexter Pittman looks like a pounder, if he can grab boards and be that big body on the inside that they need, this team will be set to compete with ANYBODY in the NBA. So saying this team will break apart by mid season and utterly fail is nonsense.
    Posted by GadisRKO

They just signed Jamaal Magloire also. At 6-11, 265 pounds, gives them ANOTHER big body to battle in the post.

The Heat will be stacked with decent big men. Scary times for the Eastern Conference next season.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

In Response to Re: Will The Real Big Three Please Stand Up? : They just signed Jamaal Magloire also. At 6-11, 265 pounds, gives them ANOTHER big body to battle in the post. The Heat will be stacked with decent big men. Scary times for the Eastern Conference next season.
    Posted by Waynestarr

What is really scary is that they really don't need these big men to score, just be a presence in the paint and grab boards.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davy49. Show Davy49's posts

Perk, if and when he gets healthy, KG, JO, BBD, Erden/Harangody...the Celtics are still the team to beat.  Im not worried about anything any other team is doing.  As long as everyone comes to camp in good condition and ready to gfrind it out for 9 months then its time to strap it up and get in the trenches and may the best team win!!!!!
    Posted by jdm894g

AgreeSmile

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kflash44. Show kflash44's posts

LeBron... The Greatest player on the planet?

Who honestly believes that LeBron James is the greatest player on the planet? I am sure that I can easily name 10 players in history that could take "The Burger King" down due to the knowledge and skill of the sport that he does not...

1. Michael Jordan - 6 rings... Need I say more? I will... the true King of the sport!
    2. Kobe Bryant - 5 rings and counting...
    3. Larry Bird - 3 rings, a true leader and scorer on the court.
    4. Magic Johnson - 5 rings, eyes behind his head and   
    5. Charles Barkley - no rings but a pure one of a kind Power forward.
    6. Len Bias - Top player in NCAA history and would have dominate in the NBA.  
    7. Dominique Wilkins - Raw power and a very smart player, smarter than LJ
    8. Wilt Chamberlain - 2 rings, 100 points
    9. Rajon Rondo - 1 ring and ran circles around LJ in the playoffs
    10. Shawn Kemp - Oh yeah... in his prime? Fast, Powerful and can shoot

All of these players earned their names, LeBron was branded with this hype before he even played pro. Nike, "King James", greatest player on the planet? Please! I will call him King when he surpasses Jordan's accomplishments which is impossible to beat before he retires. Kobe has a much better shot than him. And to top it all off... The Heat puts on this ridiculous spectacle with their poor version of the Celtic's Big Three. The Heat will crash and burn this year by over confidence.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davy49. Show Davy49's posts

Heat continue to fill roster, re-sign center Magloire

Center Jamaal Magloire has re-signed with the Miami Heat for the coming season.

It'll be the third season Magloire spends with Miami, which wanted him back to bolster its depth inside. Magloire has averaged 7.7 points and 6.7 rebounds per game in his 10 NBA seasons with one All-Star appearance.

Magloire averaged 2.1 points and 3.4 rebounds, while shooting 50.4 percent from the field in 23 games as a reserve for Miami last season.

He becomes the 10th player to sign with Miami for 2010-11, including the fourth center.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davy49. Show Davy49's posts

Re: LeBron... The Greatest player on the planet?

In Response to LeBron... The Greatest player on the planet?:
                  Who honestly believes that LeBron James is the greatest player on the planet? I am sure that I can easily name 10 players in history that could take "The Burger King" down due to the knowledge and skill of the sport that he does not... 1. Michael Jordan - 6 rings... Need I say more? I will... the true King of the sport! 2. Kobe Bryant - 5 rings and counting... 3. Larry Bird - 3 rings, a true leader and scorer on the court. 4. Magic Johnson - 5 rings, eyes behind his head and    5. Charles Barkley - no rings but a pure one of a kind Power forward. 6. Len Bias - Top player in NCAA history and would have dominate in the NBA.   7. Dominique Wilkins - Raw power and a very smart player, smarter than LJ 8. Wilt Chamberlain - 2 rings, 100 points 9. Rajon Rondo - 1 ring and ran circles around LJ in the playoffs 10. Shawn Kemp - Oh yeah... in his prime? Fast, Powerful and can shoot All of these players earned their names, LeBron was branded with this hype before he even played pro. Nike, "King James", greatest player on the planet? Please! I will call him King when he surpasses Jordan's accomplishments which is impossible to beat before he retires. Kobe has a much better shot than him. And to top it all off... The Heat puts on this ridiculous spectacle with their poor version of the Celtic's Big Three. The Heat will crash and burn this year by over confidence.  
    Posted by kflash44

agree, but anyway, Miami is a strong team, and will be more competitive at east now. So see the next season...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davy49. Show Davy49's posts

Juwan Howard signs deal with Heat

Howard joined the Miami Heat on Tuesday, signing a deal that won't raise the ire of NBA officials - unlike his first agreement with Riley. In July 1996, Howard signed a $100 million, seven-year contract with Miami that was ultimately voided by the league because the Heat had gone over the salary cap.

After all this time, Riley thinks Howard will fit his team again. And for a veteran's minimum salary, the NBA won't complain either.

``We feel that Juwan?s ability to play both the four and five spot will be complimentary to what we have put together,'' said Riley, Heat president. ``He also gives us incredible professionalism and is a perfect fit behind Chris Bosh and Udonis Haslem.''

Howard becomes the 12th player under contract by the Heat for 2010-11, the sixth newcomer to join the rebuilt roster. Miami will be the ninth team for Howard, who will begin his 17th NBA season this fall. He appeared in 73 games with Portland last season and averaged 6.0 points, making 27 starts.

``I know about what happened. It's a great story,'' Heat guard Dwyane Wade said last week, when he learned that Howard signing with Miami was merely a formality. ``He gets to come back here and hopefully he gets to have his first championship.''

Howard said he is thrilled to finally get the chance to play in Miami.

``I'm looking forward to working hard this upcoming season and contributing in any way I can,'' He said.

The Howard reunion of sorts with Miami is tinged in irony.

Riley originally signed Howard in what he thought was a blockbuster summer of 1996, seeing him as a huge chip to play alongside Alonzo Mourning - who landed a $112 million deal from Miami in that same offseason. Instead, Howard arrives during the blockbuster summer of 2010, with Mourning now an executive who helped the Heat land LeBron James and Chris Bosh.

``It's kind of ironic,'' Wade said. ``It's sweet. I'm happy for him. ... We're getting a lot of experience. It's about the right fit and I think he can have that fit.''

What Howard doesn't have is a championship ring, which is why he came to Miami.

For his career, Howard has averaged 14.3 points and 6.5 rebounds. Among active players, he ranks fourth in games (1,116), 15th in points (15,957) and 10th in rebounds (7,251). But his playoff career is largely nonexistent: Howard has appeared in just 29 playoff games (his teams are 9-20), and he's been out of the first round of the postseason only once.

Riley has watched Howard for a long time.

So has Wade.

Like Wade, Howard - who was part of Michigan's ``Fab Five'' in the early 1990s, so he's got some base for comparison to the circus that awaits Wade, Bosh and James this season - is a Chicago native. They work out at the gym owned by famed trainer Tim Grover in their hometown, though rarely together.

By the time Wade arrives most mornings, Howard is getting done with his daily regimen.

``I get there at 9 and think I'm there early, and he's done with his workout,'' Wade said. ``That's our veteran. That's one of those veterans we respect so much because every time we walk in the gym, he's been there before us. To be at the point where he is in his career, we just respect him so much. He's a great guy, you want things to happen to good people.''

With Howard signed, the Heat now have an inside corps of himself, Bosh, Haslem, Joel Anthony, Jamaal Magloire, Zydrunas Ilgauskas and rookie Dexter Pittman. At guards and on the wing, Miami has Wade, James, Mike Miller, Mario Chalmers and James Jones.

Next up is likely the return of point guard Carlos Arroyo, who started 35 games for the Heat this past season. The Heat are still looking for at least one other veteran perimeter player, though any deal now would almost certainly have to be around a minimum-salary level because of cap rules.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davy49. Show Davy49's posts

Re: LeBron... The Greatest player on the planet?

In Response to Re: LeBron... The Greatest player on the planet?:
    In Response to LeBron... The Greatest player on the planet? : agree, but anyway, Miami is a strong team, and will be more competitive at east now. So see the next season ...
    Posted by Davy49

Bosh went to Miami for play in the playoff... so... just do it...

Sections
Shortcuts